Newcomer / Intro Unable to launch Elite Dangerous Horizons (oculus version) using Pimax HMD

Hi all,
Recently upgraded from oculus rift to a Pimax 5k headset and base stations. I am now trying to figure out how to get Elite Dangerous Horizons to launch in the Pimax vr HMD. I have the oculus version and in the pitool requests to start oculus service, so I open the oculus client but this doesn't seem to make a difference as it still doesn't launch from within Pitool.

I have also tried the Pitool VR dashboard and even from there after I click 'play' the program will not launch. It just hangs there saying Elite Dangerous is loading, please wait.!

Has anyone any suggestions on how to get it to launch? Sorry if this has been addressed in another forum. I searched but couldn't find anything.

Suggestions greatly appreciated!

Aus67

AFAIK Pimax only works with Steam VR. I think the Oculus api is for oculus HMDs only. (I may be wrong here, though)

If you have linked accounts, there is an option in your Frontier account to request a Steam code (effectively adding Elite into your Steam library) although I'm not sure it works for games bought via oculus store.

Other than that, I have no advice (other than "Buy the game again")

There is a VR section here on the Forum, I'd check in there first if I were you.

AFAIK Pimax only works with Steam VR. I think the Oculus api is for oculus HMDs only. (I may be wrong here, though)

If you have linked accounts, there is an option in your Frontier account to request a Steam code (effectively adding Elite into your Steam library) although I'm not sure it works for games bought via oculus store.

Other than that, I have no advice (other than "Buy the game again")

There is a VR section here on the Forum, I'd check in there first if I were you.
Hi Chris, yes I am trying to get the steam key to go down that road, although I am unable to log into the frontier store! I have submitted a support ticket to get that sorted out and after that hopefully I can play it through steam.

Thanks for your reply!
cheers

Top Bottom