Unable to use dpad.. Alternative?

Hi

I have a dexterity problem with my left hand. While I can mostly use the joypad, I am unable to effectively use the dpad in the heat of battle (rearranging power output). Could anyone offer up an alternative I could bind the dpad function to? I’ve tried some unused buttons but they don’t seem to work (O + R1/L1 for example).

Thanks for any help

Look at some of the PS control pads.made by other companies e.g. Some of them offer the same asymmetric layout of the XBox controllers rather than the more symmetric layout of the DualShock 4. The asymmetric layout moves the location of the D pad and you might find that the new location works better for you.

Either that or a HOTAS. Or get it on PC and use Voice Attack to issue verbal commands.

Hi

I have a dexterity problem with my left hand. While I can mostly use the joypad, I am unable to effectively use the dpad in the heat of battle (rearranging power output). Could anyone offer up an alternative I could bind the dpad function to? I’ve tried some unused buttons but they don’t seem to work (O + R1/L1 for example).

Thanks for any help

I have a HOTAS and like ZAKALWEINC8876 said, pips are assigned to the joystick hat.
I deffinately wont go back, a much better experience.

Have you tried mapping the pips to a button combination such as

circle + L1 - System up
circle + L2 - Engines up
circle + R1 - Reset pips
circle + R2 - Weapons up.

effectively recreating the D-pad as a combination press.

Thanks for the replies. I didn’t think the HOTAS worked with the PS4... maybe I was looking at the wrong version.

I tried he O + R1 etc but that doesn’t seem to work unfortunately

Thanks again

Thanks for the replies. I didn’t think the HOTAS worked with the PS4... maybe I was looking at the wrong version.

I tried he O + R1 etc but that doesn’t seem to work unfortunately

Just two sticks for PS4: Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS 4 and Hori Ace Combat 7 HOTAS. I'm not a fan, but YMMV.

O + R1 as a combination definitely works, as does R1 + O. Even combos like "triangle + square" or "R1 + O + X" work. I played with such combinations for almost a thousand hours on PS before I defected to the PC camp. Are you sure the "enable context menu" button is enabled? Notice that some effects may not play nice if you bind them to something you're also using as a "shift" button, so you need to tweak around the combinations some. Also, you need to be very explicit about your use of the "shift" button and give it just a tiny pause before you go for the second button of the combination, to ensure it registers as a combination and in the right order (because in ED the combos aren't commutative).

Top Bottom