Undiscovered Stations?

Is it it possible to find undiscovered stations in uncharted territory? Did someone just happen upon Robigo and thus the Robigo run was born? Or are stations apart of the FD lore.

Is it it possible to find undiscovered stations in uncharted territory? Did someone just happen upon Robigo and thus the Robigo run was born? Or are stations apart of the FD lore.
I believe there aren't undiscovered stations, but there are plenty of deep space stations

All populated stations can be found using the galmap (That is how a cmdr found Jacques station when it misjumped)

Robigo was just a remote smuggling port, many of us used that port before it was popular.

All populated stations can be found using the galmap (That is how a cmdr found Jacques station when it misjumped)

Robigo was just a remote smuggling port, many of us used that port before it was popular.

Hmmm... I guess that's my question.... You say many of you used it before it was popular, but was that by randomly and independently finding it or was it the target system of a smuggling mission?

Hmmm... I guess that's my question.... You say many of you used it before it was popular, but was that by randomly and independently finding it or was it the target system of a smuggling mission?

Back then we only had a handful of remote ports, the remote ports (Like Fehu) would often be the most Lucrative, you would filter the galmap to find them.(I've still got a bunch of those old ports bookmarked) No idea who first found it, I was always flying my freighters out to remote places to check market prices and mission availability.

It all went a bit mental once that chain of stations appeared (leading to Sothis, part of a CG) Then everyone descended on the region for a while.

It kinda doesn't make sense to have a populated station that's "undiscovered" unless a lot of people aren't being given any credit for building it in a system they already discovered. If they are Raxxlanians, then all bets are off.

Not entirely related to OP but I've suggested in the past the game could benefit from 'undiscovered' stations. These would likely be illegal or clandestine locales operating within the bubble as well as deep space that did not show up on the Galactic Map or navigation beacons. They would need to be scanned down with the FSS to even know they exist and would still not show on even the system map, requiring manual routing via the FSS and navigation panel once identified - every time you visited.

Unique missions, rare goods, even modules or ships could be sequestered to this sort of content. The satellites of old (that helped find INRA for example) could be used for clues towards these within the bubble and Colonia. Deep Space would truly be chance-based - you have to be looking for it to find it. Wreckage in systems within 50ly could indicate the existence of such a station in deep space, requiring the commander to be thorough in tracking where they've discovered wreckage in an effort to pinpoint systems the station or mega-ship could be hiding in.

Just one more idea that could add more depth to exploration both as a career and side-job.

Most stations have the primary center built in the bubble and then Jumped to there locations using capital class jump engines... These are then expanded at the location after jump...
The only way to hide them would to Kill all of the Reporters and lawers that know about the Station core being made...
But all of the components Still have to be moved to the new location after expansion... and thats a problem...

As soon as the WHN stations jumped to WHN they were instantly found and attacked in there locations...

Robigo was created as a result of a CG by Sirius Corp to found a string of deep-space starports. All the starports along the Sothis Spur, including Robigo, were founded at the same time. So for Robigo, specifically, we know when it was created (the CG was launched on 12 March 3301 - Galnet archive), so it was never "discovered". All of the currently-known deep-space stations further away than Sothis were put in place since the game launched; for most of them, notice of their creation was made in the patch notes, Galnet, or both.

As for the more general question of undiscovered deep space stations, the logical answer is "if they're undiscovered, then we don't know". All we can say is that thousands of players have been looking for then since game launch, and not found anything. I suspect if there's anythign else out there that's not yet found, it's hiddden inside a permit-locked sector until FD are ready to reveal it.

sollisb

Banned
Actually, this just raised a question in me...

ye know, yer out in the Seagul Nebula and you find an asteroid field, and enter it to mine, and suddenly an NPC appears from nowhere... Are they facion'ised? Are they from a nearby station that hasn't been discovered? Does killing them change the BGS ?

Yes, there are a lot of deep space stations that players have to find in the galaxy map and share. Distant asteroid stations in nebulae are common. You can sort the map to display them pretty prominently, but still have to search for a while. Other things, like megaships, are even harder. You have to be in the system to find those. There might be clues leading you there, but mostly it's dumb luck.
As for robigo and ceos and fehu... those are outlier systems but too close to the bubble to hardly be considered secret.

If you want to find undiscovered stations then head to the Witch Head Nebula tomorrow after the restart - fdev have been adding new outposts etc for the last few weeks, so there may be ones to discover again this week. If you find any you can report them to the appropriate thread ;)

sollisb

Banned
You really should work out how to use eddb or inara one day https://eddb.io/system/factions/444381

Don't use it to be honest. Anyways, I visited your link and I see it's a player faction out there. So that raises another Question... Do player factions have NPCs pirating for them?

Can I hire these NPCs?

And finally, how do these NPCs get to the Seagull nebula just as I'm beginning to mine? Do they have super-duper FSDs? or is it more 'makey believey' from fdev ?

:D :D

Not entirely related to OP but I've suggested in the past the game could benefit from 'undiscovered' stations. These would likely be illegal or clandestine locales operating within the bubble as well as deep space that did not show up on the Galactic Map or navigation beacons. They would need to be scanned down with the FSS to even know they exist and would still not show on even the system map, requiring manual routing via the FSS and navigation panel once identified - every time you visited.

Unique missions, rare goods, even modules or ships could be sequestered to this sort of content. The satellites of old (that helped find INRA for example) could be used for clues towards these within the bubble and Colonia. Deep Space would truly be chance-based - you have to be looking for it to find it. Wreckage in systems within 50ly could indicate the existence of such a station in deep space, requiring the commander to be thorough in tracking where they've discovered wreckage in an effort to pinpoint systems the station or mega-ship could be hiding in.

Just one more idea that could add more depth to exploration both as a career and side-job.
How exactly would you manage to explain that? The about of people needed to crew a station would be impossible to keep quiet and that's before you consider the amount of people and resource consolidation required to build one.

If you want to find undiscovered stations then head to the Witch Head Nebula tomorrow after the restart - fdev have been adding new outposts etc for the last few weeks, so there may be ones to discover again this week. If you find any you can report them to the appropriate thread ;)

Be warned, all of the new ones (if any) will be discovered within 2 minutes of the server coming back online. That's local british time, so if you aren't GMT and aren't spamming the log on button you lose out.

There's Dark Wheel Station in , orbiting Raxxla.

Damn, they still delete the system name....
You really need to "edit" this post for authenticity...otherwise it looks ostensibly like you're cowcrapping! :p

Be warned, all of the new ones (if any) will be discovered within 2 minutes of the server coming back online. That's local british time, so if you aren't GMT and aren't spamming the log on button you lose out.
Come on, don't be ridiculous - you're implying that this community comprises a bunch of sad-sacks with nothing else to do...

🤔🤔

Top Bottom