• Good news Guest, we've updated our reporting system to make it easier for you to report issues to us!

Head over to https://issues.frontierstore.net/ to report, vote, and give feedback on the issues that matter most to you!

unexplained drops in INF in the BGS for Anarchists Minor factions since the update

IP Protocol
IPv4

Date & Time of Occurrence
since the update

Frequency

VR?
None / N/A

Ship/SRV?
N/A

Ship Type
N/A

Commander Name
Gerada

Description
a number of Anarchist PMFs have been reporting that their PMF has been loosing INF since the update , originally we thought that this was due to undermining but we and the other groups have been working hard in these systems and all of us have experienced the same unusually high drop in INF no matter our efforts , Omerta brotherhood in LTT 47 , Open Space Alliance in Erio, COR in Lamaku , chaotic overlords of ra and artemis corp , just to mention a few , have all been experiencing unusually high drops in INF

Steps to Reproduce
Do missions for Anarchist factions , sell contraband to their Black markets and note the huge drop in INF at the next tick.

Additional files?

Last edited:
Chaotic Overlords of Ra here located in Lamaku. Well while we are not trying to increase or maintain our influence in our system at this time on purpose, on Dec 11th after the tick we were at 60.2% and are now at 44% as of today the 14th. With the new update I don't believe anyone would be taking the time to mess with our faction quite yet, and this type of drop in influence does not match influence changes that we were seeing on average in the months before the update when there was no/limited activity in our system. We are an anarchist group and thus the government type in Lamaku is anarchy. Our stats show the system as currently happy last I reviewed.

Here also - The guild of Sefry-. Loss in systems where no work has been done. Like they were a decay on inf.

same issue here for Reavers controlling faction in Wardaliti, working with missions, commodity trade, exploration data, black market sales and even dread to say it Bounty's! are having no effect on influence gain at all. instead we are seeing a drop of between 1.5% to 2.5% per tick since the update, where as before the update we were gaining 1.5% to 2.5% per tick. we have a large power play groups BGS unit working for us as well as our own players.

It kinda makes sense though... to be influential, you need to be organised...
Anarchists, by their very nature, are not so great at that.

Organised crime? we run legal fronts for our business, trading in commodity of all kinds stolen or legal, we run legal delivery mission with a stash of smuggled cargo hidden in the deck plating, just because we operate in a lawless state doesn't mean we're not organised

Organised crime? we run legal fronts for our business, trading in commodity of all kinds stolen or legal, we run legal delivery mission with a stash of smuggled cargo hidden in the deck plating, just because we operate in a lawless state doesn't mean we're not organised
Yes but anarchy is not a another word for crime. Anarchy means absence of government in its first meaning.

Last edited:
Organised crime is pretty much feudal or corporate... they love order, as long as they are the ones in charge.

Organised crime is pretty much feudal or corporate... they love order, as long as they are the ones in charge.
Definitions and meaning aside, we feel there could be new bug with the BGS update that came with 3.4 that adversely affects Anarchy systems and this is our thread for reporting that and hopefully having it reviewed.

Last edited:
same problem but my faction isn't anarchy its a cooperative i have done 46 missions in 2 days handed in 8 million in exploration and 10 million in bounties and the influence just keeps falling.....

3 of our controlled systems inf is decaying rapidly hr108, LP 9850 and LTT 47 despite our efforts to counter it.

I think that 3.3 has re-introduced the BGS model where Anarchy systems were subject to the same detrimental effects to INF as other government types when stolen or illegal commodities are sold on their black markets.

Most of the systems affected are, or are near: Anarchy, Agricultural and have Black Market facilities in orbital stations.

I've just checked HIP 118311 (no player faction here) and it has also suffered around a 10% drop in INF since 3.3 was released.

It is beyond belief that all these systems are being affected by chance.

I'm not sure it's just Anarchies. We've (player group of 5+ people) been running missions yesterday for a theocratic faction in Kali, which, prior to the update would have caused a nice uptick in influence, but, post-update influence is actually declining. *Edit* Spoke to soon - at the server tick today, we jumped up 20%(!).

Last edited:
BGS random influence fluctuations and suspect some activities accounted for wrong faction.

IP Protocol
IPv4

Date & Time of Occurrence
15/12/2018

Frequency

VR?
None / N/A

Ship/SRV?
N/A

Ship Type
N/A

Commander Name
floc

Description
we are experiencing random fluctuations in all our systems. We usually do undermine ourselves in specific systems to not expand from, yet these system have raising influences. Dropped tons of data in others, down by significant percentage... It's a mess.

Systems to check:

Tawilya -> controlling faction infuence dropped by *22%* in one tick
10 Kappa Pegasi -> dropped tons of data for controlling faction, influence of controlling faction dropped
Ongkarango-> many mission for all factions but the controlling, influence of controlling faction raised
Marindhs -> many mission for all factions but the controlling, influence of controlling faction raised

Something is *really* wrong here. Also the tick is misbehaving, on 14/12 was at 7pm (gmt+1), 15/12 got the tick at 2pm (gmt +1)

Steps to Reproduce
Try to raise or lower influence in some systems, random results despite measured efforts.

Additional files?

Last edited:
If this is what’s happening this is beyond broke. I was thinking I was experiencing a BGS attack but this would explain it for sure.

edit: just to state. Did quite a bit of work in a system of 600,000 people. The faction I worked dropped 19%.

Last edited:
We had a dozen people doing missions in a 2 billion pop system trying to match for a war. Hundreds of +’s of influence, over a dozen multi million credit bounty drops and murder of the opposing system authority who then GAINED 9%, which we assumed was an impossibly high movement by previous standards in such a high population system.

we are see exactly the same. a system with two stations owned by us. doing loads of INF+++++ missions, trade, bounties, star data. Yet, the second place faction is increasing INF (without any changes to there economy or security) and our security isnt going down (which i believe indicates that no one is killing our ships). So what is going on?

My guess would be that the new facility to claim bounties at any stations is causing the INF calculations to be incorrect, and/or influence is being assigned to the wrong factions. Either way, from what I have seen since the update, BGS is totally (100%) bugged. Well done fdev!

We also have a system where we have pushed economy into the boom section, however, we done have a boom (just None status). Nowhere does it now show pending status (e.g. Pending Boom), so i dont have a clue if this is a bug or what the **** is happening.

FDEV refusal to publish the rules/design for BGS makes it impossible to know what is a bug, what is expected behave or what is going on at all!!!!!

Last edited:
its not a black market issue as our corporate PMF is experiencing the same drop off in some system and corporates dont allow black markets to operate at our stations

I just posted this in the BGS channel as Ielieve it could explain what we are seeing:

[h=2]Broken BGS - possible explanation[/h]
FDEV appear to have implemented a mechanism where CMDRs can hand in bounties at any station - i say appear as i do not know if this is a bug or a design 'feature' that they didnt tell us about. And since FDEV continues to refuse to publish the rules/design that govern BGS it will remain impossible to know which.

Anyway, this new feature encourages CMDRs to claim bounties for small factions that appear in only one or two system - previously many would not have bothered to fly to the system to claim them and if they did go to the system or used the Interstellar broker functionality this would be far less frequently and bounties were be cashed in in bulk.

We already know that influence from bounties is based on transactions count and not the bounty value. Therefore, what i believe is happening - and what would account for many PMFs seeing other minor factions in their system influence inexplicably going up - is that all of these new bounty claims are being registered for the smaller factions and generating a significant amount of new influence.

Naturally this is exacerbated by the fact the bounty hunting has become much more worth while - NPC cargo has become more valuable in Res sites, the number of wanted npc ships appears to have increased.

There does seem to be an associate bug also coming into play, since, the bounties are for ships that may not have been killed in the system in which the faction that created the bounty is present. Therefore, while there is an increase in the influence for the faction giving the bounty, the security increase is being given to the system in which the bounty is claimed. So there is no way that controlling faction of the system in which the faction that created the bounty can see an increase in its security - we get these inexplicable increases in faction influence without a corresponding increase in the CF security.

From my experience over the last 4/5 days I would say that BGS is currently totally broken!​