Maybe someday. I do not feel like breaking it with images.Good guide, spot on from what I can see.
+1 from a UA/UP USS hunter in Canonn.
Tip, perhaps you could take some tiny screenshots of some of the types and have them as mini-thumbnails per topic for the different kinds.
Some people may feel it a bit easier to read and navigate you fine guide it there are some images breaking up the text.
Thanks!/mod hat off
- degraded and encoded emissions can be found outside the bubble, too. (e.g. >500 ly from next uninhabited system) - i have found those even 27 000 ly from sol (and >5000 ly from jaques).
- distress calls can be found outside the bubble. i personally have found one ~2500 ly from sol.
- convoy beacons can be found outside the bubble - personally i have found a convoy beacon 6500 ly out
- trading beacon "mission targets" can not be found in inhabited systems - they spawn with states.
i mean tis one "Mission Target: Trading Beacon" - those can be only in inhabited systems, because they spawn with states.- Umm... Not sure what you've meant with trading beacons - you say they cannot be found in inhabited systems (which is wrong), but then you say "they spawn with states"?
Good info, thanks!
Polymer Capacitors do not spawn in HGEs.I've been having a very hard time finding Polymer Capacitors. Perhaps they don't show up in USS's? From what I've read, they should be in HGE in Civil War systems, but while I've found lots of Military Supercapacitors/Alloys and some other rare materials, I've never seen the elusive Polymer Capacitor...
Used to be able to get them from missions, but haven't seen any there either.
Any suggestions? Am I looking in the wrong place?
Conditions: Any area of populated system ("SoI", "Shipping Lane" - very common, "Deep Space" - uncommon).
Threat level: from 1 to 4
after a lot of degraded USS, i proudly present a "Weapons Fire Detected thret 4"-USS in an UNINHABITED system 285 ly from the next inhabited system...- ... I have never encountered Encoded in uninhabited system, though. I might add it if there's more evidence (screenshots, videos).
- Same goes with distress calls and convoys. However, I am not a professional deep-space explorer (I have my Elite exploration rank, but that's it - I never wandered beyond 1000 Ly since I've got it), so again - evidence is needed.
That's a great finding! +Rep and Thank You!after a lot of degraded USS, i proudly present a "Weapons Fire Detected thret 4"-USS in an UNINHABITED system 285 ly from the next inhabited system...
(contained pirate wing)
I'm positive I'll find convoys and encoded emissions in the upcoming weeks, too ... we'll see.
Link to it can also be found in a very useful "Alec's best of the forum" thread - https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/321074-Alec-s-best-of-the-forum-(and-elsewhere)-thread.Fantastic guide.!
However, I never knew this existed due it it being the the dangerous discussion section.
Maybe it should be stickied in the guides bit?
I know there's less traffic there, but it's easily found then.