Uninstalled Elite Dangerous.

• Thread starter Deleted member 110222
  • Start date

Deleted member 110222

D
I really must get around to ghosting Windoze onto my 2TB M2 SSD...I've got all my games installed onto as a secondary drive but still run Windows from a 2TB hybrid on the SATA.

Oh man, get yourself a proper full-fat SSD for boot!

Even if you use a lowly SATA III SSD like mine, the speed increase is just stupid. XD

Nah, mate.

My buddy did a fantastic job saving the data. He's a legit' professional. In any case, as already said, it was a pure gaming system.
That's good. I have gaming system as well, but still, log files (especially for explorers) and config/bindings. I put my binding files on OneDrive now as backup.

I have five SSDs in my PC. An M2 for the O/S and apps, while all of the others are 2.5" SATA drives (one for games, another for media, the third is for the swap file, and the fourth is for downloads). Typically 20 seconds from power up to password.

Put this in a folder marked "batches" and create a shortcut to your desktop. Note that I have drive "F" in the listing. Feel free to enter the drive letter assigned when you insert your backup drive.

@ECHO OFF
CLS
CD C:\
REM STEAM GAME BACK UP TO TOSHIBA DRIVE, RESETS ARCHIVE BIT ON SOURCE FILE
ECHO.
ECHO BACKING UP STEAM GAMES TO F (1 TB DRIVE) - MODIFIED FILES ONLY.
ECHO MAKE SURE BACK-UP DRIVE IS READY........
PAUSE
CD C:\
CLS
ECHO.
ECHO BACKING UP STEAM GAMES FOLDER...
TIMEOUT /T 5 > NUL
XCOPY C:"PROGRAM FILES (X86)"\STEAM"STEAMAPPS"\COMMON\*.* F:\STEAM"STEAMAPPS"\COMMON\ /M /E /Y
ECHO.
TIMEOUT /T 5 > NUL
CLS
ECHO.
ECHO FINSIHED!
TIMEOUT /T 5 > NUL
ECHO.

Hope that helps.
You can do the same for bindings, etc.
Do this after every play. He who laughs last did a backup.

EDIT: Ok, just noticed a backslash is missing and it's not my fault - the parts that read
\STEAM"STEAMAPPS"\COMMON
are incorrect - should be a \ after the word STEAM but it's not letting me put that in. Please ensure there's a \ character PRIOR to "STEAMAPPS" - thanks. I'll re-try this on the new forum. Must be a formatting thing here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom