Uninstalled Elite Dangerous.

• Thread starter Deleted member 110222
  • Start date
or go with 3 striped SSD's for games..... anymore would just be ridiculous....

Yes, yes it is :D

ssds0.png

Deleted member 110222

D
Just waiting for my mate to pop over. He's successfully booted Windows on the new SSD, so fingers crossed when he gets here later.

I owe the man a drink. :D

Urm, if he installed Windows on a different motherboard then you’ll have loads of fun on your actual machine :D

For basic everyday Windows installs, always install on the actual hardware you are going to use.

A failed HDD is often a blessing in disguise, although it never feels that way at the time.

A new o/s install cleans away all the fluff you've installed along the way, and you can take your time loading what is still important.

Just always backup all important stuff onto a new external HDD every year at least, and make incremental backups along the way. I have a pile of external drives dating back years.

And to think we used to moan about getting our pictures developed. I've yet to lose a single snap due to a PC failing.

Buy another identical SSD and RAID1 them before you reinstall :D

Make 2 backups of your data on external drives, and store one of them at the sisters place ;)

Both of these are great advice.

Sorry about your hardware issues, Unicorn, and I hope you’re back up and running soon.

@OP, you know what? I have a suggestion for you. To celebrate your return, along with your racy new SSD, I think you should buy a new ship. I know you have the credits. Surprise us all by showing up in something other than your old broken down ashtray of a Cobra. Reminds me of the car Peter Falk used to drive in Columbo. [haha][haha][haha][haha]

@OP, you know what? I have a suggestion for you. To celebrate your return, along with your racy new SSD, I think you should buy a new ship. I know you have the credits. Surprise us all by showing up in something other than your old broken down ashtray of a Cobra. Reminds me of the car Peter Falk used to drive in Columbo. [haha][haha][haha][haha]

Un1 bought many ships over the years.

...but they were all Cobras

Deleted member 110222

D
Some were even Mk IVs...

I'm back online guys. My mate did a stellar job, and my system is running better than ever.

I really, really need to buy him a cold one.

Deleted member 110222

D
Glad to have you back. Hope you didn't lose anything important from the harddisk crash.

Nah, mate.

My buddy did a fantastic job saving the data. He's a legit' professional. In any case, as already said, it was a pure gaming system.

At worst I'd lose my saves and mods for the SP TES games. But even that didn't happen. All is well. :)

Big time. My buddy said that once I go SSD, I wouldn't go back.

He was right.

I really must get around to ghosting Windoze onto my 2TB M2 SSD...I've got all my games installed onto as a secondary drive but still run Windows from a 2TB hybrid on the SATA.

Top Bottom