Dinosaurs Unique Personalities

Your Feature Request / Idea
Dinosaurs should have there own personalities like a aggressive Stegosaurus that attacks fences more often for instance.A Antisocial triceratops that has a lower social limit then other triceratops.Maybe even a Allosaurus that prefers active hunting rather then eating from the feeder.This would make the dinosaurs seem more unique and different rather then all the same.To not make things too complicated different personalities can be rare to get in dinosaurs.

Your Feature Request / Idea
Dinosaurs should have there own personalities like a aggressive Stegosaurus that attacks fences more often for instance.A Antisocial triceratops that has a lower social limit then other triceratops.Maybe even a Allosaurus that prefers active hunting rather then eating from the feeder.This would make the dinosaurs seem more unique and different rather then all the same.To not make things too complicated different personalities can be rare to get in dinosaurs.

I would like that too, but rather than random personalities it would make sense if they develop a personality according to how you treat them.

For example if you keep them too long at discomfort because of overpopulation they could become aggressive towards other dinosaurs, if you keep them in narrow enclosures they might start to hate fences, or they could become depressed and apathetic with large welfare maluses.

Having a low welfare could also trigger environmentalist groups to sabotage the island and so on.

Maybe they could give a random modifier to each dino hatched on her tendency towards developing some personality, but it should really be influenced on how you create your park. ;)

The most obvious problem with this is that the dinosaurs are presumably all cloned from an identical genome and raised in identical conditions... and if that's the case, it probably wouldn't make much sense for them to exhibit differences in behavior.

Now if this was implemented by the genome modification system, it would work better... DNA mods that alter social limits, aggression and so on would be a very nice addition, especially considering how useless things like attack and defense are if you're goal is to keep animals from fighting... I personally only use mods that boost lifespan, unless lifespan is the primary boost, then I add resilience.

Perhaps they could implement your idea of random behavior if they added a randomize genome modifications button.

Nah, I'm with OP. The purpose of this would be unexpected behaviour so the player has to make gameplay decisions. If you can target it with gene mods, people will just target the best one just like how pretty much nobody really uses anything but lifespan. That's not interesting.

Also, your genome argument isn't very convincing. Without even getting into nature vs nurture, this is the Ian Malcolm franchise. Tiny variations that can never repeat and you can't predict the outcome.

Example for a different personality is Blue in JW.She was more compassionate to Owen compared to the other raptors.So there is unique personalities in the JP/JW franchise so this requested feature would make more sense then not.

The spino should get some love they should give him the jp3 personality that relentless stalking killing machine and pls give her the neck snap finisher i would love to see a neck snap kill on an indominus or an giga or allo

Good suggestion about having a rare personality for a Spinosaurus to be the one like in JP3.Also I agree that the neck snapping animation should definitely be added as it is one of the most iconic moments in the movie.

Example for a different personality is Blue in JW.She was more compassionate to Owen compared to the other raptors.So there is unique personalities in the JP/JW franchise so this requested feature would make more sense then not.
Pretty sure the reasoning for the girls all being unique is that they were all engineered with different traits... that's why they all exhibited different color patterns as well.

Nah, I'm with OP. The purpose of this would be unexpected behaviour so the player has to make gameplay decisions. If you can target it with gene mods, people will just target the best one just like how pretty much nobody really uses anything but lifespan. That's not interesting.

Also, your genome argument isn't very convincing. Without even getting into nature vs nurture, this is the Ian Malcolm franchise. Tiny variations that can never repeat and you can't predict the outcome.

Yes, but this is also a videogame where people often aim to build and create according to their specific tastes; to make what they personally want to make... striving for "perfection" would be extremely difficult and needlessly time consuming, as the creation of an imperfect specimen could be easily rectified by simply selling the unwanted animal and making a new one, which in a game where money is basically infinite is no test of skill but rather a test of patience... what you are suggesting is going is only going to make it harder and very annoying to get things "right". Which is why I suggest making better DNA mods and then adding a random button, so people who really want their dinosaurs with random traits can have it, while everyone who wants things how they want it can have their way as well.

By having a option in the settings to turn on and off personality traits would be a good feature for people that want normal dinosaurs.

Pretty sure the reasoning for the girls all being unique is that they were all engineered with different traits... that's why they all exhibited different color patterns as well.

Yes, but this is also a videogame where people often aim to build and create according to their specific tastes; to make what they personally want to make... striving for "perfection" would be extremely difficult and needlessly time consuming, as the creation of an imperfect specimen could be easily rectified by simply selling the unwanted animal and making a new one, which in a game where money is basically infinite is no test of skill but rather a test of patience... what you are suggesting is going is only going to make it harder and very annoying to get things "right". Which is why I suggest making better DNA mods and then adding a random button, so people who really want their dinosaurs with random traits can have it, while everyone who wants things how they want it can have their way as well.

But what's the point of adding it then? The genesplicing system is already a dud that's just busywork selecting lifespan genes, your version is just more of that busywork. More buttons to press to have the same result all the time.

That's not even getting into the fact that "you can't add an interesting gameplay system to the game because it might be a little annoying for the sandbox mode" is a very strange way of looking at game design. Your OCD and need to minmax shouldn't make the game less interesting.

No, it doesn't add anything to the game unless it's random and gives players new reasons to make interesting decisions. Do it random or don't add it. Maybe allow it to be targeted ONLY in sandbox mode.

No, it doesn't add anything to the game unless it's random and gives players new reasons to make interesting decisions. Do it random or don't add it. Maybe allow it to be targeted ONLY in sandbox mode.

More than random is better if it's influenced by the environment.

I can close a single raptor in a 1 x 1 area and torture him by starvation, sedation, isolation etc. for hours, then I put him back with others and he's totally cool. Anyone would be traumatized by the experience and that would influence the behavior.

That is also the whole point of the franchise, like the Indomitus living segregated doesn't know what's her place in the park and gets on a mindless rampage. Blue is grateful to Owen and defends him from the Indomitus in the end, same for the T rex and we could go on.

Don't get me wrong, I think there should be some random modifier towards different personalities for each dino you hatch, it would add some spice, call it "inclination"; but the best for this kind of game is still how your choices and how you treat them will influence the wildlife, and it can be way more influential than the occasional escape (welfare maluses, aggressivity or resilience to sicknessess, escape potential, hate for humans etc.)

Edit- by the way most of those factors are already present in the sandbox, it shouldn't be too hard to implement them in the general mechanics

Last edited:
Top Bottom