General / Off-Topic United States: more than one million Facebook users plan to invade the zone 51

D_noGxdXoAAZ2Ko

Rarity is missin, now that's a good reason to storm Groom Lake

1.3 million sign-ups, 1300 are semi serious, 130 make some vague effort to get to Nevada, 13 show up, 11.7 leave when they are told, 1.3 get arrested.

That's my prediction.

i predict facebook's algorithm just digested yet another 1.3 million point dataset that would buy literally everything and vote literally anything if shown the correct stimulus.

plus access to their networks. statistically, i'd say it's likely one of your "friends" signed up, and quite certain that a "friend" of some of your "friends" did.

if anything, since it is legal to shoot anyone trying to access the area 51 installations without authorization this could be a significant contribution in speeding natural selection. waiting for specimens to book vacations on a southern coastal city to experience the rush of balconing works, but is really slow and has a much higher error margin than a high caliber machine gun.

i predict facebook's algorithm just digested yet another 1.3 million point dataset that would buy literally everything and vote literally anything if shown the correct stimulus.

plus access to their networks. statistically, i'd say it's likely one of your "friends" signed up, and quite certain that a "friend" of some of your "friends" did.

if anything, since it is legal to shoot anyone trying to access the area 51 installations without authorization this could be a significant contribution in speeding natural selection. waiting for specimens to book vacations on a southern coastal city to experience the rush of balconing works, but is really slow and has a much higher error margin than a high caliber machine gun.
Darwin awards will be heaving, this year.

A couple thoughts.
the fact the Gov't thinks it has to respond to facebook retards says a lot about how kinda pathetic the US society/culture has become, from bottom to top.
Sometimes the best hiding places are out in the open.
<Cough> Washington Monument <cough>

Idiot children today have few brains. Police carrying guns, mace, bats, dogs. They don't have to listen to them.
Then get all whiny and put it on boobtube when the police knock them to the ground for refusing their commands.
What's to stop them at area 51.
Signs that say keep out? use of lethal force is authorized?
My Grandad survived the trenches in ww1, my dad survived ww2, my oldest brother survived vietnam.
They are the true baddasses, not the marvel avengers.
The faceless facebook morons.

Idiot children today have few brains. Police carrying guns, mace, bats, dogs. They don't have to listen to them.
Then get all whiny and put it on boobtube when the police knock them to the ground for refusing their commands.
What's to stop them at area 51.
Signs that say keep out? use of lethal force is authorized?
My Grandad survived the trenches in ww1, my dad survived ww2, my oldest brother survived vietnam.
They are the true baddasses, not the marvel avengers.
The faceless facebook morons.
We'll see if they are just as brave in the field as they were behind the monitor. :)
You can do well in life with the brain or the brawn. But I'm afraid these people haven't got either

IF anything actually comes of this, suspect main tasks of military will be, firstly, rescuing twidiots from rattlers, scorpions, alkaline desert terrain/weather, and general lack of amenities for the unprepared. Secondly, picking up all the trash left behind.

Storm Area 51: US Air Force warns over Facebook event

Facebook user Jackson Barnes wrote on the event page: "Hello US government, this is a joke, and I do not actually intend to go ahead with this plan".
"I just thought it would be funny and get me some thumbsy uppies on the Internet. I'm not responsible if people decide to actually storm area 51."
But the Air Force isn't seeing the funny side.
"[Area 51] is an open training range for the US Air Force, and we would discourage anyone from trying to come into the area where we train American armed forces," the spokeswoman said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-48989949

The funniest part is the town of Alamo still has rooms available in their two small (and crappy) hotels. I really do think it was all set up by the town of Alamo and Caliente to increase their gasoline sales at their gas stations (actually Alamo only has one). Now that's a marketing scheme that might even work. I just want to go and sit there in my lawn chair with my beer and watch all the crazies show up...

Top Bottom