Universal Cartographics Galactic Record Breakers

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
From 1.2 patch notes:

"Add a special text string for stars which are less than 1 million years old, rather than displaying '0 million years'"

We might need to revise our 0 YEARS MANY :)

Another thing:
"Avoid mapping rocky ice worlds as water worlds"

...we may need to re-check all current water world records whether they are still water worlds or have become rocky ice worlds instead? Or what do you guys think this line means?

0 Million just became <1 Million, nice and easy. No change in the age just how it was displayed.

Is the Water/Rock Ice world refering to the LHS Holo Icon?

0 Million just became <1 Million, nice and easy. No change in the age just how it was displayed.

Is the Water/Rock Ice world refering to the LHS Holo Icon?

no, I think it had to do with the actual skin for the planet.
thanks for the update on star age, that's a bit disappointing

Frontier just nuked our Exploration progress.

With the doubling of rewards comes doubling of requirments. But existing progress doesn't get adjusted... if you were 90% to Elite. As of today. You are back to 45%....

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=125228&page=23

Which of course is something I was looking forward to :D Call me old-fashioned, but the ultra-grindfest that it was to get to Elite status in the original Elite truly separated the ordinary spacefarers from the dedicated few, and that's how I like it. Mind you, I'll probably get to Elite in 2054 if I live that long....But still, I do understand why some of us might feel a little taken aback ;)

Just smashed my old record;

FURTHEST TERRAFORMABLE HIGH METAL CONTENT PLANET FROM SOL
DRYAU SCRAA WD-K D8-677 C1, C2, C3 AND C4 AT 19,027.53LY

now;

FURTHEST TERRAFORMABLE HIGH METAL CONTENT PLANET FROM SOL
HATCHOI AI-S B46-0 A 2 AT 46,019.11LY - CMDR CALBARON

furthest metal 1.jpgfurthest metal 2.jpg

System with the most Herbig Ae/Be Protostars

System with the most herbig ae/be protostars
hypoe pra ab-w e2-6477 with 3 herbig ae/be protostars
cmdr apocryphic

Screenshot_0132.jpgScreenshot_0136.jpgScreenshot_0137.jpgScreenshot_0138.jpg

Oldest Neutron Star

Ran across another record on my way home.

OLDEST NEUTRON STAR
HYPOE PRA NU-V D3-3302 AT 18,439 MILLION YEARS
CMDR APOCRYPHIC

Screenshot_0150.jpg

NEUTRON STAR WITH THE MOST BODIES
PHOI AUSCS LA-C D14-7760 WITH 37 BODIES
CMDR PILOT MARK

Screenshot_0035.jpg
Screenshot_0037.jpg
Couldn't resist a selfie
HighResScreenShot_2015-03-14_01-55-28.jpg

The advanced scanner said 42 objects, but I have not counted the asteroid belt - and counted 37 from the system map (not including the neutron star).

ADDED LATEST RECORDS!
NEUTRON STAR WITH THE MOST BODIES
PHOI AUSCS LA-C D14-7760 WITH 37 BODIES
CMDR PILOT MARK

Couldn't resist a selfie

The advanced scanner said 42 objects, but I have not counted the asteroid belt - and counted 37 from the system map (not including the neutron star).

sorry but only planets orbiting the neutron star count, this one has 10
love the pic btw

Last edited:
new record from me,
just completed a tour of the new colonies :D

FURTHEST POPULATED SYSTEM FROM SOL
SOTHIS AT 494.49 LY

CMDR MONKEY D LUFFY

eNrAO8Z.jpg

here's a pic from my approach to one of the new stations Sothis Mining

kakc9Qj.jpg

On the topic of carbon stars and misleading descriptions, I noticed that the MS class description actually describes an SC class star. Has anyone seen an SC star or an MS with an appropriate description?
Would you, please, give us an example?

I doubt that by now we haven't discovered by now all Carbon star types there currently are.

Similarly, I could say I had doubted that by now (by now I mean before your finding) we haven't discovered such a bug with G-type supergiants descriptions as they are more common than carbon stars - yet, you found the bug. Don't you see a bigger picture here? If people missed the bug for so long they could have missed it in case of carbon stars (or any other star-type and subtype), too, and in this way even a new type could be missed - why exactly do you doubt it?.

As for white dwarfs. They are so rare, and so many types. makes little sense to split them up.

White dwarfs rare? Compared to what? They are abundant in comparison to carbon stars. They just have buggy distribution in space and in their types (not that many types if you don't count subtypes) - once they are remodeled they will be a great addition to the book. I am happy to tell you that the QA team have recently sent the issue to FDevs for corrections.

As for newbies. Might be confusing. But everything is and ppl here are very helpful. As for missing records. Most ppl have no clue this book exist. a lot who do don't care. and some who might consider it to much work. adding a req to screenshot and submit even more info will just make it worse.

f/g corrections. took me 30 mins to check them all. will take 10 mins to sendPMs to ask for galaxy screenshot. and and a bit to correct the book. all minor efforts imo.

you cant prepare for all eventualities. and if you do. you make everything to cumbersome.

to paraphrase braetak: let's jump off those bridges when we come to them?
I am not sure why you are trying to downplay the problem and to show the simple remedy as cumbersome. Have all those people submitting for over 3 months G-type supergiant records as F-types been newbies to you? Yet, they have got confused... It's quite possible there are more similar bugs and if we weren't so focused on descriptions they could have been clearly identified and corrected by now as eg. descriptions of class II and M-R/HMC planets. We have no other way in case of planets than to be simply attentive enough but in case of stars there is an easier solution: providing a single additional screenshot of a system on the Galactic Map - what is so cumbersome about it taking under consideration that some records demand submitting dozens of pictures?

Your say f/g corrections is all minor efforts... Really? Then why all those corrections are not in the book, yet, and wrong entries stop people from submitting real but currently worse records? If the matter takes days to straighten out then I wouldn't say at all it's minor.

I have reconciled with the book becoming temporarily the book of bugs and I've even realized it could be good for the game because it could help to get rid of some of them faster - wouldn't you agree that alone is enough of a reason for the solution I proposed?

It's obvious that usually you can't prepare for all eventualities and I even agree that you can't in this case - this is why I am not trying to and I have no idea why you think I am. However, as I've tried to show you above, taking your paraphrase, we are already standing on the bridge so what is stopping you from jumping off? I just did ;)

Assorted inconsistencies

Would you, please, give us an example?
Sure, MS class stars have progressed from M class, and have not yet become S class, while the description says they have progressed from S class. It's likely just a typo, though I have searched for SC class stars to no avail.

Plenty of other problems with descriptions and consistency, such as the limited number of giants and supergiants. Class B supergiants show as class A, class G supergiants show as class F, and class K supergiants show as class M. Meanwhile, class M sub-giants are giants, while class B giants are normal stars.

SYSTEM WITH MOST LIFE BEARING GAS GIANTS
EODGORSTS UR-W D1-77 WITH 6 LIFE BEARING GAS GIANTS
Discovered by CMDR Puca

gas_giant_1.jpggas_giant_2.jpggas_giant_3.jpggas_giant_4.jpggas_giant_5.jpggas_giant_6.jpg

Last edited:
SMALLEST METAL RICH PLANET
HIP 102918 1 A WITH 138 KM
Discovered by Feldspar
HIP 102918 1 A.PNG

Big fan of the book, finally have something to add, even if it is a small something.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom