Universal limpets

I know there is already exists post like this, but still...

ATM we have:
Prospector limpet
Collector limpet
Hatchbreaker limpet
Recon limpet
Fuel transfer limpet
Decontamination limpet
Repair limpet
Research limpet

And for some of those limpets even have engineering blueprints.

So i have a question : isn't it would be nice to have ONE limpet controller module (ofc with Class and Grade variations) with ability to choose MODE in wich those limpets will work.
Lets say... You open up right panel, choose Modules tab, choose your limpets, and right after "Show info" button you can see menu with mode selection. You need transfer some fuel? No problem - choose that mode and do that. You need decontaminate or repair urself? No problem - you totally can do that too. You need collect stuff and steal cargo/prospect asteroids simultaneously? Buy urself two controllers and set up different mode for each of them.

Any of existing limpets controllers use the same limpets, they just programming them to do specific work. Why the hell in 3304 year ONE GIGANTIC SON OF A MODULE cant have multiple programms simultaniosly? I mean it, controllers is HUGE, like they weight is several TONNS.

PLS rework limpets Fdev.

Last edited:
I mean it, controllers is HUGE, like they weight is several TONNS.
Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Have you looked at class-7 controllers. They take up 128 tons of space. But just to add to the fun, FD have given us the ability to reinforce them, so you could get one over 500 tons with ta good roll. Still only controls 4 limpets though.

Yep Something needs to be sorted, would make perfect sense to change the mode of the limpet in game, its like going thousands of LYs away to complete something then come across something else you could use the limpet for so you would have to go back and change it it all and well hell no... time grinding is sort of what frontier like you doing. great if your 13-15 or a little older loads of time in the world, when your lets say slightly of the older generation time is something you don't have much of.:( But great post thumbs up here.

I'll add my vote here. Great idea! There are a lot of things about the game that are great, but then there are things that just make absolutely no sense, internally to the game's setting.

The ship's computer says it herself: "Programming limpet drone". Really? I need a -separate- multi-ton device to program it to attach itself to an asteroid, versus attach itself to a smaller asteroid chunk and fly it into my cargo bay? No sense at all. I can understand needing antennae and CPUs, etc, to actually control the limpets, but having a combined, mode-switchable controller would make -loads- more sense.

Top Bottom