Unlock Nublar North and Sanctuary as Sandbox Islands by Completing the Clair's Sanctuary Campaign

Much like the three new dinosaurs and the new Paleobotany content, Nublar North and Sanctuary could be unlocked as Sandbox Islands in your main Campaign by 5-Starring Sanctuary Island in the Clair's Sanctuary DLC Campaign.

Simply adding the two new Islands to the main Campaign as Sandboxes would address a few extremely common requests us players have had when you think about it:

1) More building space, Larger maps: Nublar North is huge, and would provide players with an extremely large building space with a very interesting shape to build really unique parks on.

2) Sand in Sandbox Mode: Sanctuary Island, while not quite as large as either of the Isla Nublar maps, does have the Sand terrain brush since it's already present in the base map, which is something that's been VERY highly requested by the player base as of late.

3) Building a Sanctuary with every dinosaur species: A lot of people, myself included, were extremely disappointed by the ridiculously limited dinosaur roster and unlocks made available on Sanctuary Island in the DLC Campaign. This would help alleviate that problem by giving players the ability to play on the island (and Nublar North) with everything they've unlocked in the main game and build the ultimate dinosaur paradise!

Ultimately I think this would be an extremely welcome addition to players that love building Sandbox parks or that felt a little let down by the shortcomings of the recent DLC.

I don't know about Sanctuary but Nublar North should definitively be made available in Sandbox.

Also, I think all maps belonging to the same island should share such things as money, building limits (i.e. if you only need a Research Center, and you've already built it on base Nublar, it would be locked on the other Nublar areas while it's limited to one Research Center per island) and also contribute to the island reputation proportionally (i.e. two Nublar maps, each contributing 50% towards island rating).

This last feature would also help inmersion and add yet another level of depth, since it would require you to manage the two (or more) maps, even if individual maps keep their own stats and place on the unlocking schedule.

Top Bottom