Engineers Ship Builds & Load Outs Unlocking JURI ISHMAAK

CZs are Lawless areas - even before you drop into the CZ from SC, you get a big in-your-face message that you're entering a CZ. Around CZs, even in SC, all ships will register as Lawless.
Some are, but the bounties aren't combat bonds and using the kill warrant scanner removes something that would help keep one alive.

One other thing if your objective is to get a G5 DSS why not unlock Hera Tani instead?

Yep, although based on her photo she's strung out on meth and smack, so her (is it a she? Hera is a bit androgynous, and so is the face) work can suffer from delays and shoddy workmanship, so maybe that's why :D

She can do G5 power plants as well. Likes cigars.

I have recently done what you are about to do. My experience of CZ’s even the low intensity ones is there is a mix of ships and particularly the spec ops ships will be engineered. If you shoot at them they will come after you. They drop chaff which will render your turrets ineffective most of the time. Your MC’s will struggle to kill them. I can‘t see what experimentals you have gone for, but you would need a mix of corrosive to weaken armour and incendiary shell to take down shields. Your plan to sail serenely through the CZ while your turrets shoot at all and sundry sounds fraught with problems, but by all means try and see how it goes and let us know how you get on. I get that you are not into combat and are just looking for the most efficient way to grind out the combat bonds, but don’t rely on getting your preferred match up of ship and always pick the low intensity zones.
Again. What is your combat rating and how much engineering do you have?

Yep, although based on her photo she's strung out on meth and smack, so her (is it a she? Hera is a bit androgynous, and so is the face) work can suffer from delays and shoddy workmanship, so maybe that's why :D

Choices, choices,, Run contraband which could result in combat and likely would result in ticing someone somewhere off, or do a bit of combat.

Boss, you aren't facing stock NPCs in any of the CZs. It's what we are trying to tell you.
So the wiki and the manual and everything are wrong about the NPC's scaling to match my Combat Rank (Harmless) and my engineering of weapons and such (NONE)??

So the wiki and the manual and everything are wrong about the NPC's scaling to match my Combat Rank (Harmless) and my engineering of weapons and such (NONE)??
I think that's referring to missions and random interdictions. Mission-based NPCs are based on the misison's stated rank (and maybe your rank?). I think enemy ships are still based on your ship (and maybe your rank?).

EDIT: CZ and RES enemies are random ranks, iirc.

Get a wingmate or three and try healing beams - or let wingmates do most of the killing. You only need to get a shot or two on them before they go boom to get the combat bonds.
Healies4Feelies2
Pretty much my plan. except I will be in PRIVATE GROUP and my wing mate will be on the other computer sitting side by side.
Not thinking I will sail serenely through the CZ.
Planning on going through on a VA routine named "DUCK AND DODGE" that does random course (Pitch +/- ~20deg, roll CW/CCW ~30DEG and yaw L/R ~20 deg) and speed changes from (10% to 70%) letting the MC's make as many hits as possible on as many ships as possible and collect the bonds when the friendlies in the fight actually do the kill.
The "DUCK AND DODGE" saved me more than once when I was doing risky data runs and the punk would exit with me at the station and start shooting..

EDIT: CZ and RES enemies are random ranks, iirc.
Reference please..
YES. In OPEN where the ranks and engineering of ALL the human players in the instance would be affecting the rank and engineering the AI would spawn, it would appear that the NPC's were "random".

Choices, choices,, Run contraband which could result in combat and likely would result in ticing someone somewhere off, or do a bit of combat.
No need to run contraband. Unlock Liz Ryder by selling exploration data to Eurybia Blue Mafia to get friendly status. Buy the land mines and ship them to Liz. You can engineer some hull and armour to grade 1 and buy a few missile racks to engineer to get her to grade 4 and get the invite to Hera. Unlock Hera by doing a few courier missions for an Imperial aligned faction to get Outsider rank, very easy and quick. Ship her the cigars, job done!

He might get lucky. you just never know.

Hopefully though he never uses that shield cell bank . The first time I used it I didn't have a heatsink launcher, my temp sky rocketed and I lost my FSD. shakes head Luckily I had rebuy, because things went down hill from there.
Humnnn. Unless I am for some reason, planning on immediately trying to jump, what is the problem with the FSD doing a temporary shutdown?

That said, I will add a Heat Sink. Thanks.

Reference please..
YES. In OPEN where the ranks and engineering of ALL the human players in the instance would be affecting the rank and engineering the AI would spawn, it would appear that the NPC's were "random".
No not just in open. I was doing it in solo, so no other players involved and I have said what type of ships I faced. Believe it or not, your choice. My ship would have been engineered about as much as yours will be, my combat rank was the same at the time. I see no reason why your experience would be different to mine.

Last edited:
NPC combat ranks in CZs are varied from harmless to elite. The higher you are, the higher the average NPC skill level is - as long as you don't go in teamed with a higher skilled human pilot. That is strictly from my anecdotal evidence.

One of the posted complaints from people that did not buy Horizons is that NPCs in certain types of activities use engineered ships. That includes Res'es and CZs.

CZs have the toughest ships in the game, except for Pirate Activity Detected signal sources. If you stick to low intensity, then you have more ships on your side, which lessons the chance of you getting hit, as long as you let your allied ships soften them up first.

But as was posted, some of the NPCs specifically have nastily engineered ships and I have seen them roll one side completely up. They are though random content.

This was the first ship I rolled into a CZ with, specifically to unlock the engineer your after.

What got me in trouble was that I ended up boosting to kill a ship and I boosted away from my allies and I got swarmed. I love CZs, but it's like everything else in ED. It has a steep learning curve.

Humnnn. Unless I am for some reason, planning on immediately trying to jump, what is the problem with the FSD doing a temporary shutdown?

That said, I will add a Heat Sink. Thanks.
I lost the FSD entirely. That and my cargo hatch and half of my weapons... It's possible that I hadn't ever used a bank before and didn't understand what I was doing to my ship every time I fired it off ;(

Cost me a pretty penny. I do love CZs though :)

NPC combat ranks in CZs are varied from harmless to elite. The higher you are, the higher the average NPC skill level is - as long as you don't go in teamed with a higher skilled human pilot. That is strictly from my anecdotal evidence.

One of the posted complaints from people that did not buy Horizons is that NPCs in certain types of activities use engineered ships. That includes Res'es and CZs.

(1.. )But as was posted, some of the NPCs specifically have nastily engineered ships and I have seen them roll one side completely up. They are though random content.

This was the first ship I rolled into a CZ with, specifically to unlock the engineer your after.

(2) What got me in trouble was that I ended up boosting to kill a ship and I boosted away from my allies and I got swarmed. I love CZs, but it's like everything else in ED. It has a steep learning curve.
Interesting build.

(1) if it looks like this is happening, that is when I use the "BUG OUT" VA Macro and BUG OUT into at least SC.
I have another Macro named "REGROUP"
Play sound, 'C:\Users\User\Videos\Elite Dangerous\VA responses\aye aye captain.wma'
Execute command, 'Pioneer ahead flank' (and wait until it completes) ---- a BOOST that shifts 4 pips to ENG and 2 PIP to SHIELD
Pause 7 seconds
Execute command, 'Pioneer flip' (and wait until it completes) Quite complex one that has a second BOOST combined with a temp Flight assist OFF 180 deg PITCH up and setting Back 2/3 speed.
Pause 6 seconds
Execute command, 'Pioneer all guns' (and wait until it completes) Resets the PIPS to 3.5/.5/2 so I am ready to fight if someone decides to chase me.
Play sound, 'C:\Users\User\Videos\Elite Dangerous\VA responses\you have the conn sir.wma'

(2) I have no intention of trying to chase something down.

The updated build: Forgot I had the Guardian Booster.

NO. Still no thermal weapons. I like having WEAPONS NEVER DRAIN while I have lots of pips to the shields.

Interesting build.

(1) if it looks like this is happening, that is when I use the "BUG OUT" VA Macro and BUG OUT into at least SC.
I have another Macro named "REGROUP"
Play sound, 'C:\Users\User\Videos\Elite Dangerous\VA responses\aye aye captain.wma'
Execute command, 'Pioneer ahead flank' (and wait until it completes) ---- a BOOST that shifts 4 pips to ENG and 2 PIP to SHIELD
Pause 7 seconds
Execute command, 'Pioneer flip' (and wait until it completes) Quite complex one that has a second BOOST combined with a temp Flight assist OFF 180 deg PITCH up and setting Back 2/3 speed.
Pause 6 seconds
Execute command, 'Pioneer all guns' (and wait until it completes) Resets the PIPS to 3.5/.5/2 so I am ready to fight if someone decides to chase me.
Play sound, 'C:\Users\User\Videos\Elite Dangerous\VA responses\you have the conn sir.wma'

(2) I have no intention of trying to chase something down.

The updated build: Forgot I had the Guardian Booster.

NO. Still no thermal weapons. I like having WEAPONS NEVER DRAIN while I have lots of pips to the shields.
Let us know how it works out for you boss.

Let’s face it none of the female engineers look particularly feminine. Had no problems with Hera’s work so far.

Top Bottom