Unofficial Fleet Carrier Survey

Hey people, we at Anti-Xeno Initiative are trying to do a comprehensive (and completely anonymous) survey on what people feel about carriers. If you care to contribute to it, you can find the link below. The more people complete it, the more accurate picture will be. Results will be sent directly to FDev and posted here as soon as we can process them.

Survey had ENDED. Results are posted below. A total of 2050 people have participated.

Thanks for the feedback, sorry I was too busy to immediately implement additional options for people who feel that their opinion cannot be represented. I don't feel it would be fair to change it now, after so many people completed it. I am in no way a professional in the art of survey construction, but I will try to make the next one better. Obviously everyone has their biases, but I tried my best (while also being under the weather) to include as many options as possible. One problem I would freely admit is that survey assumes you personally care about interacting with carriers, otherwise any changes will not affect you. Many people waited for carriers for many years, and I believe those people deserve to at least be heard by FDev.

The idea of this survey was to capture and understand the community's reaction to the information revealed through the stream and FAQ. We hope to do another one during/after the beta to compare results.

pubchart

pubchart

pubchart

pubchart

pubchart

pubchart

pubchart

pubchart

pubchart

pubchart

pubchart

pubchart

pubchart

pubchart

pubchart

pubchart

pubchart

pubchart

pubchart

pubchart

pubchart

Last edited:
I'd like to not take part.
And I'm saying this because those numbers should be part of the comprehensive picture too.

The survey assumes two groups of people.

Happy people who will buy one.
Unhappy people who won't.

It fails to take into account people who (for any reason) won't be getting a carrier, but think the system/pricing/etc is basically fine. So I won't take part as no conclusion can be representative of the player base as a whole.

The survey is flawed. The mere option "base upkeep on actual activity and player use, instead of an out-game timer" is not there.

That's my basic criticism of the system. Costs can be high, they are a luxury feature. But when costs are not covered, the thing should merely be mothballed and stored away, instead of being deconstructed.

It fails to take into account people who (for any reason) won't be getting a carrier, but think the system/pricing/etc is basically fine.
Count me as part of this group. I don't necessarily thing the system is "fine", but I don't think it's "wrong" either. It just isn't what I'm looking for. As soon as there is a small Fleet Carrier (2 small, 2 medium, and 1 large) that serves the very basic function of carrying and maintaining my humble fleet, let me know.

I started it, but did not finish once I noticed the only options on questions asking about potential changes were to reduce the costs, time, etc. on whatever was being asked.

For example, the 1 hour spin up and cool down time question only offered options that you were ok with that or wanted it shorter. No way at all to convey one might want it to be longer.

Count me as part of this group. I don't necessarily thing the system is "fine", but I don't think it's "wrong" either. It just isn't what I'm looking for. As soon as there is a small Fleet Carrier (2 small, 2 medium, and 1 large) that serves the very basic function of carrying and maintaining my humble fleet, let me know.
  1. Yes: I want it
  2. No: no one can have it
Many of those questions need a response like this: "don't want it for myself, but others can have it"

What lots of people do not understand is that survey’s only benefit the party who make a survey... and not those who take a part in it.

Thank you for giving the opportunity to give feedback. Having access to AX weapons and modules to players with unlocks would be a huge incentive to AX gameplay. A real positive for the community. I hope your requests are heard.

FD are likely to be much more interested in their own data that they collect from the beta. It will tell them far more too.

This guy gets it.

Player-made surveys are never accurate, because their voluntary nature skews results toward participants with the strongest interest.

This is Polling 101 — also known as the “loudest voices” conundrum. It’s why websites like YouGov are such a joke. It’s also why phenomena like review-bombs on Steam exist.

Top Bottom