Unpopular Opinion: I Hate the Fact the Rangers are Destructable now

I think it will be fine. It will add some interest and intensity to going into the paddocks to feed the animals. This is how it should be. Honestly we should have had this from the start. But I guess it was a feature that was delayed so Frontier could get the game released.

I am also pretty excited for this and the new interactions. Just driving around replacing feeders was kind of boring. I like the idea of having to restock the food for the dinosaurs. It makes them feel alive almost. It's basically a zoo simulator and keeping the food stocked up in zoos is an actual thing. Just this is a zoo filled with cloned dinosaurs.

I just have we have the destructible vehicles and new interactions in the JP part of the game. I am sure we will cause I think this JP DLC kind of spurred on the need for new interactions. People have been asking for it since release when they found out it wouldn't happen.

Seeing as it changes the game a fair bit, outside of the JP Campaign I reckon it would probably be a sandbox option, though we'll have to wait and see.

Actually, this leak actually seems accurate (actually predicted Destructible vehicles and toilets of all things), if it's a fixed animation like it says, then logically it would only be able to work if the vehicle was sitting still (like the dinos have to when squaring up), if that makes a difference to you.

From a realistic standpoint? Love it.

From a gameplay standpoint? Hate it.

In a game where sending rangers to refill feeders is a core mechanic, I don't think players would appreciate having to pay 50,000 every time they lose a jeep to refill the feeders.

Not to mention the tour vehicles. Renders them kinda useless now that there's no good reason to have them go into paddocks with dinosaurs. Thus, we only have the indestructible Gyrospheres which only the Indominus should destroy.

Sandbox should ABSOLUTELY have a feature to turn this off.

Lets hope down the road tour vehicles will also be destructible. Perhaps the safari explorer is very destructible already since it's meant to be outside the fences.

If we can get a guest rescue mechanic using ranger jeeps or choppers then the other JW tour vehicle could get destroyed but take a lot more to do it.

Imagine the achievement of rescuing a guest in a ranger jeep, only to have your ranger jeep destroyed as well before you could get away! : D

Frontier knows just how much players are annoyed by the refill mechanic. And, like others have pointed out, animals only attack objects standing still. Maybe it will happen only during the small time the rangers sit there when refilling of fixing fences, and only occasionally. And we don't really know if they will be destroyed. Maybe they will still be indestructible, but now the animals will just actively flip them around.

Lets hope down the road tour vehicles will also be destructible. Perhaps the safari explorer is very destructible already since it's meant to be outside the fences.

If we can get a guest rescue mechanic using ranger jeeps or choppers then the other JW tour vehicle could get destroyed but take a lot more to do it.

Imagine the achievement of rescuing a guest in a ranger jeep, only to have your ranger jeep destroyed as well before you could get away! : D
Yeah, I'm gonna go an d hope for the exact opposite of your proposal. No offence, but I really want any of my vehicles to gets destroyed.

From a realistic standpoint? Love it.

From a gameplay standpoint? Hate it.

In a game where sending rangers to refill feeders is a core mechanic, I don't think players would appreciate having to pay 50,000 every time they lose a jeep to refill the feeders.

Not to mention the tour vehicles. Renders them kinda useless now that there's no good reason to have them go into paddocks with dinosaurs. Thus, we only have the indestructible Gyrospheres which only the Indominus should destroy.

Sandbox should ABSOLUTELY have a feature to turn this off.

Money isn't hard to come by in the main campaign. This could be easily implemented in the main campaign. At one point you will have enough money you won't even have to send out the ranger vehicles to refill feeders or even repair stuff. You can just get rid of the feeders and place down new ones. The same for repairs.

It's not a real Jurassic Park experience if there's no disaster, bro.

Thank you. Nuff said.

Money isn't hard to come by in the main campaign. This could be easily implemented in the main campaign. At one point you will have enough money you won't even have to send out the ranger vehicles to refill feeders or even repair stuff. You can just get rid of the feeders and place down new ones. The same for repairs.

Yes! This...

I cant believe people would seriously think this is somehow a bad thing or some kind of game breaking thing? There are so many work around.

How is destrucible vehicles going to make money harder to get? If it doesn't, then this change becomes more tedium, since it only serves to delay what you're trying to do (anti-QoL, in my opinion).

How is destrucible vehicles going to make money harder to get? If it doesn't, then this change becomes more tedium, since it only serves to delay what you're trying to do (anti-QoL, in my opinion).

It won't. Like I said it's not hard to make a lot of money in this game. So at that point having to buy a new ranger vehicle for 50,000 or whatever won't be an issue. When you have enough money you can start buying new feeders to replace empty ones. The same for things that need to be repaired. Just take down the damaged building, fence or whatever and replace it with a new one.

There are tons of ways you can cheese the system in this game.

Another thing with it might be that it isn't a destroyed state, but a damaged state where they need to head back to the ranger station for a longer repair cooldown situation.

I'm also really hoping that they adjust the baseline accuracy/load time for ranger vehicles to make things a little less of a direct issue there.

It won't. Like I said it's not hard to make a lot of money in this game. So at that point having to buy a new ranger vehicle for 50,000 or whatever won't be an issue. When you have enough money you can start buying new feeders to replace empty ones. The same for things that need to be repaired. Just take down the damaged building, fence or whatever and replace it with a new one.

There are tons of ways you can cheese the system in this game.
Rangers are vital because it allows for the player to tackle multiple objectives at once. They can send out rangers to refill feeders while the player goes off the make a new paddock. Having to buy new feeders to replace old ones takes time away from the player to progress. Buildings also take a ridiculous amount of time to finish construction, so it's a lot faster to just send out a ranger to repair it.
I really don't see how this change is adding anything beneficial to the game. Short-term the nuisance might be fun, but long-term indicates the contrary.

I fully understand the OP. Especially in Jurassic Challenge Mode where money is already tight, this could be hugely detrimental. It also affects the more casual player. Regardless, I feel this will be like the paleo feeders.

When Paleo Feeders were announced, I was very much concerned that it would force me to have very specific styles of enclosures. Enclosures where I couldn't mix the same dinosaurs from the same ecosystem, because they hate each-others food. Turns out, I was very much mistaken by my conceptions. It turns out the Paleo Feeders adds an extra risk/reward mechanic to the game, that can be completely ignored. I fee the destructible vehicles is going to be the same.

It may seem like destructible vehicles will ruin the game for casual players due to the increased management mechanic added. When I consider Frontiers previous updates, and their consideration for their fan base, the chances that this will disrupt your game is probably close to zero. I suspect that Frontier is aware that there's a casual user base, and those casual players aren't all sandboxers, and I'm sure that this was taken in consideration with this new feature. I feel it much more likely that dinosaurs will only attack jeeps if they are upset, or the jeep hits them. Both are simply not going to happen with most standard playthroughs, but it does add the extra mechanic for those users who do want this.

I fully understand the OP. Especially in Jurassic Challenge Mode where money is already tight, this could be hugely detrimental. It also affects the more casual player. Regardless, I feel this will be like the paleo feeders.

When Paleo Feeders were announced, I was very much concerned that it would force me to have very specific styles of enclosures. Enclosures where I couldn't mix the same dinosaurs from the same ecosystem, because they hate each-others food. Turns out, I was very much mistaken by my conceptions. It turns out the Paleo Feeders adds an extra risk/reward mechanic to the game, that can be completely ignored. I fee the destructible vehicles is going to be the same.

It may seem like destructible vehicles will ruin the game for casual players due to the increased management mechanic added. When I consider Frontiers previous updates, and their consideration for their fan base, the chances that this will disrupt your game is probably close to zero. I suspect that Frontier is aware that there's a casual user base, and those casual players aren't all sandboxers, and I'm sure that this was taken in consideration with this new feature. I feel it much more likely that dinosaurs will only attack jeeps if they are upset, or the jeep hits them. Both are simply not going to happen with most standard playthroughs, but it does add the extra mechanic for those users who do want this.
Vehicle destruction can only be ignored if completey separate vehicles get this feature. But considering this seems to be part of an update (not DLC), it seems like it’s a universal change.

Last edited:
I genuinely enjoyed being able to manage my park duties in peace without having to worry about the food refiller not busting on me. Now I do, and I'm going to hate it. I hope it's only limited to certain vehicles, and not a universal change.
So many people, so many tastes. And that's cool. Thumbs up for posting smth which probably is an unpopular opinion!
For me, indestructable vehicles were one of the main immersionbreaking points of the game. Heck, I'd call it immersionpreventing. What is scary or exciting about a rex panicking from seeing an open topped jeep? For me this is one of the first implementations that actually cause a sense of danger. Something the books and films were full of. Next wish for me along this line is penalties for guest deaths.

And what about Dino’s like the irex,indoraptor,or spinoraptor? All 3 are more aggressive than the rest of the Dino’s and they will probably try to kill the Jeep as soon as it enters there paddocks.only solution I see is tranquilzing them before refilling the feeders and waking them back up.

Top Bottom