Unrealistic Feature Request - Kickstarter to fund licensing and dev of famous SciFi Ships!

What if you had the opportunity to buzz a canyon with an X-Wing? Or land your Firefly at a settlement for some trading? How about an epic wing of marauding Cylon Raiders!?

Dear Frontier Development... I would be willing to pay considerable money into a Kickstarter to support something like this. :)

These are just some ideas to get the conversation going. I really have no idea what licensing or development costs would be, I just know there has to be people like me who would sacrifice two $20 lunches a week for a long time in order to grind my daily missions in a ship I already know and am in love with.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Corvette. (Silence My Friend is his name) But I would certainly have room for a new love. I'm well over 1000 true hours in this game and I have accepted the grind as part of the universe. There is no place better at the moment. With all of it's troubles here and there, it really is a spectacular game. But...let me kick some BOOTY with the USS Defiant and you'll have me here for a very long time indeed.

So come on Party Pilots, no GRIPING in about "They need to fix bugs" or other negatives, let's dream a little and explore the idea in itself!

I know in reality licensing is expensive so we'd have to settle on one franchise probably, but it's still fun to think about. I would settle for an X-Wing for bounty hunting. Four medium rails and 500+ boost!

So, dumb idea or should I break out my wallet? :D

Last edited:
Although that certainly sounds good i'd rather they kept with the Lore Friendly ships.

Adder
Anaconda
Argent's Quest
Asp Mk II
Asp Explorer
Boa BBC
Boa Mk II
Bug
Bushmaster
Caimen
Cat / Cougar
Chameleon