Upcoming update

Deleted member 182079

D
By FDev standards I guess September/October could be considered 'early'. We know for quite a long time now that they work on 'something', and them not wanting to disclose what that is suggests to my pessimistic mind that they're simply not confident enough that they can actually deliver, in terms of features, quality, or timelines (or all of it), which concerns me somewhat.

Professionally, I do follow the 'under-sell, over-deliver' approach myself and kind of understand if that's what FDev is going for.

On the other hand - I'm not a marketing expert so don't really know whether their approach is good or bad objectively speaking. I'm just getting increasingly impatient, and the longer they keep things secret, the bigger the hype will build up (or worse, die down), and with that the risk of disappointed players will increase.

Just say what the DLC will cover on a high level, and players can realign their expectations, at least a little. I honestly can't see the downside for FDev, and it's not like they never overpromised stuff in the past. Look at FCs.

Well, it was not me who brought vanilla into the picture. I simply brought the facts that were being blurred, including the one about Horizons never having a set final date (and even if it had been Winter it would have been up to 15 months, not "a year").

Now, we can speculate why it didnt. And if we are into discussing what FDEV thought or not internally my take is that FDEV simply was not sure about it.

But didn't it originally have a date/time frame for the last update, until Frontier removed that from the store description?

and we can expect an announcement as early as....October? September perhaps?
By FDev standards I guess September/October could be considered 'early'.

All we know officially is this:

FDev reckon they're going to stick with their original hype schedule. Which would mean: "some time in summer 2020, after the Fleet Carriers update".

I'm guessing they might lean on the teaser-over-information side early on, given they're elongating their usual hype cycle. Keep it more on the 'intrigue for veterans' level, rather than stuff designed to grab attention more broadly.

Deleted member 182079

D

I'm guessing they might lean on the teaser-over-information side early on, given they're elongating their usual hype cycle. Keep it more on the 'intrigue for veterans' level, rather than stuff designed to grab attention more broadly.
And honestly that's all that I'm asking for (others may not). I just think it'd be good to know whether certain features that some are hoping for and getting possibly unjustifiably hyped about, will or will not be in the update.

"Today we announce that the next paid DLC will feature space-legs, base-building, atmospherics, additional SRVs, additional gameplay loops* More info to come soon (TM)"

*delete as appropriate

As long as FD are not coy about New Eras contents I will wait. And by that I mean, FD actually list whats in the update and not make us wait for The Surprise™. Ironically I don't give a rats about new stuff, all I want to know is about current features being given updates.

Word on the street it is they've reworked powerplay and replaced it with cardboard cutouts of the powers for you to punch in the face in return for 0.0001 Arx.

:ROFLMAO:

Word on the street it is they've reworked powerplay and replaced it with cardboard cutouts of the powers for you to punch in the face in return for 0.0001 Arx.

:ROFLMAO:

Well, its something I suppose. Is it open only cardboard?

1590594717487.png

Last edited:

So it seems Reggit and ObiW's guesses were on point. Because this thread has taught me that everyone thinks of September 22nd when they hear the word 'summer'. 😅

Top Bottom