🐼 Update 1.1.4 is now live!

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Hayo Zookeepers!

Thank you for all of your Issue Tracker reports over the last couple of months; we have just released Update 1.1.4, a chunky update which should fix a few of the more generic issues some of our community have been reporting to us.

Please continue to flag any bugs you come across on our Issue Tracker so we can look into the issue, and as always: thank you for your continued support!

Bo

Update Notes

Animals
  • Animals that have been boxed by the game will now be automatically unboxed, when safe!
  • Fixes to Polar Bear jump to swim animations.
  • Replaced references to Arctic continent with the appropriate North America and European tags and filters. This means Arctic animals have suitable plants if you want them!
  • Fixed jumping into water from climbing frames.
  • Zoopedia text updates based on your feedback - thank you for bringing these to our attention!
New Content
  • Added a free avatar costume: Ice Cream Hat. Be careful, it might melt!
Management
  • Refunds have been temporarily disabled while we review the overall system - thanks to all of the feedback you have given us!
Staff
  • Vets, Mechanics, and Keepers now have unique inspection points inside the habitat gate to help prevent them from standing on top of each other.
  • Fixed an issue where if a player deletes a habitat where food inside the habitat is on the ground, food will not degrade completely and would not be cleaned by Staff.
Guests
  • Guests' needs now decrease slower while in shop queues to match Transport Ride queues.
  • Guests now move between nearby shops based on queue length!
  • Fixed an issue where guests departing or going to the next station of a Transport Ride opened their umbrellas early.
UI
  • Replaced 'Uses last month' with 'Uses in last 12 months' for all habitat objects (feeders, water bowls, enrichment) info panels.
  • Habitat cleanliness alert now opens habitat cleanliness Heat Map rather than water cleanliness.
  • Fixed text error in high alert warning with special characters.
  • Path icons now display a price in the main browser.
  • Added 'No suitable species' feedback message to the feeding station info panel.
  • Fixed duplicating scenery and buildings using duplicate and advanced move.
  • Fixed shop inventory selling items that have been toggled off.
  • Fixed albino animals displaying the wrong non-albino icons when being Released to the Wild.
  • Fixed albino adult male and juvenile Zebras showing wrong thumbnail icon.
Sandbox Mode
  • Fixed an issue where toggling off welfare in Sandbox Mode was still spawning protesters.
Challenge & Franchise Mode
  • Fixed an issue where players were not receiving their rewards from Community Challenges.
Misc
  • [As highlighted via the Issue Tracker] Fixed an issue where if the Ice Block Wall Slope 4m is selected in the placement tool there will be a second piece attached to the asset while being placed.
  • [As highlighted via the Issue Tracker] Fixed an issue where the Zoopedia UI fails to open if opened through the Animal UI with any other "Top Left" UI open.
  • [As highlighted via the Issue Tracker] Fixed a bug that prevented Vets from collecting some animals from the trade centre.
  • Fixed a rare crash when adjusting Transport Ride min/max delays.
  • Improved performance when using the shape terrain tools.
Stability
  • Further crash and stability fixes.

Thanks team for another awesome update, specially the protestors and boxed animals.

In the next patch can we please get some extra options for sandbox mode such as a no litter option and a no damage option for things like ATM machines.

And an option to turn on or off for All food trays and food enrichment items and water bowls etc to always be full.
And an option to have keepers fill all food trays and enrichtment items.

Also can we please, pretty please with a cherry on top get the Ribbon barrier from Planet Coaster in this game, i always use it in planet coaster so people dont walk through light posts or fountains etc. What i do is place 4 of those barriers around the light post and then sink it into the ground. This is an awesome way to get realistic behaviour of guests no walking through them but walk around them. So it would be very usefull to have in this game, been asking for it since launch and i hope at one point we get it in.

Thanks for taking out the refunds! I hope the system gets reworked into a better or more logical one. How about fines for unhappy animals (shouldnt be if the animal is just stressed tho). I can imagine this beeing far more logical than refunds of guests who "didnt see the animals they wanted to see" (despite them running right past the habitat).

Did the issue with animals getting worse medals or even losing them when put into the trade center fixed tho?

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Thanks for taking out the refunds! I hope the system gets reworked into a better or more logical one. How about fines for unhappy animals (shouldnt be if the animal is just stressed tho). I can imagine this beeing far more logical than refunds of guests who "didnt see the animals they wanted to see" (despite them running right past the habitat).

Did the issue with animals getting worse medals or even losing them when put into the trade center fixed tho?

The update focuses on the issues mentioned in the update notes. If you are encountering any other issues after the update do please ensure you report them as soon as possible on our Issue Tracker so the team can take a look.

Thank you!! although i have disabled everything, every second i get a popup that an animal is starving/dehydrated, i have 41 animals in this 'testzoo'and already 72 messages about this.

Also i notice that the protesters indeed stay away, but the weird thing is, that the guest complain about the protesters in the zoo?

(i try to upload a picture, but i keep getting an error ("oops we ran into some problems" or something)

Edit: i've made an issue about this: https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/12795
picture is added there

The update focuses on the issues mentioned in the update notes. If you are encountering any other issues after the update do please ensure you report them as soon as possible on our Issue Tracker so the team can take a look.
I did, so did others. It expired. Like others.
And I dont even know if the devs know about this issue before it expired. Should I repost the Issue or do the devs know about this and are working on it?
The issue tracker thing is pretty confusion to me.

Thanks for your patient and work tho!

Thanks for the update! I'm interested to see how you deal with refunds. I've said elsewhere that I don't think they are bad, just that the way they work needs to be adjusted and I think a lot of players agree with that. The execution just needs some work and I appreciate that you've listened to that feedback from the community!

Excellent! Looking forward to loading my franchise zoo, getting out of debt, and starting to build again!
A lot of people have suggested unhappy visitors should lead to less visitor traffic in the future rather than immediate financial penalties, which makes a lot of sense - I can't get a refund from a zoo, but I can definitely tell everyone I know to avoid it in the future.

This is a solid update, thanks Frontier.

I'm glad the protestors are gone from Sandbox with welfare disabled. It's a bummer there are still certain welfare alerts (the "animal is stressed" alert is the most annoying IMO) but at least I can build a more true-to-life zoo without an army of protestors marching in.

Is it intentional that Animals can now kill Animals of their own Species? It just happened to a Mandrill but if I click on her it still shows the same Interface as if she would be still alive even though she is dead since 5-10 Minutes
Edit : even though the Interface didn't change, she finally was transported away by a Veterinarian

Excellent! Looking forward to loading my franchise zoo, getting out of debt, and starting to build again!
A lot of people have suggested unhappy visitors should lead to less visitor traffic in the future rather than immediate financial penalties, which makes a lot of sense - I can't get a refund from a zoo, but I can definitely tell everyone I know to avoid it in the future.

No matter how you feel about refunds, they do have a very positive effect, i.e. They alert you about issues and the severity of the issues. Simply reducing the number of guests visiting your zoo is much more difficult to notice as there is always some natural fluctuation and more new guests due to new habitats might even out negative effects, and by the time it becomes noticeable, your zoo is already in big trouble. And ultimately, having less happy and happily spending guests in your zoo might have a bigger financial impact than the refunds. Furthermore, the refund system gives you a breakdown of the reasons. Lower numbers of guests doesn’t tell you anything. And if they added a breakdown of why less guests are coming to your zoo, we’d end up with practically the same system as the refund system.

Frontier should fix any bugs related to the refund system and maybe fine-tune some of the guests’ requirements. But otherwise, it is a very good system to help you manage your zoo. Particularly if the category of “unhappy with their visit” could be broken down a bit more.

And a little warning: If everybody now ignores guests’ complaints because there is no “penalty” anymore, think what will happen if the refunds get turned on again in the future. So even without refunds, keep a close eye on any issues there might be and keep your peeps happy!

And a little warning: If everybody now ignores guests’ complaints because there is no “penalty” anymore, think what will happen if the refunds get turned on again in the future. So even without refunds, keep a close eye on any issues there might be and keep your peeps happy!

I think part of the problem, though, is that the game forces you to go overboard with guest facilities. Most real zoos have what, two, three eating areas, located in key areas around the zoo? Planet Zoo requires food/drink stalls at just about every corner to keep people happy. People go to the zoo to see animals. Educating them on what zoos do, why they keep animals captive, and what the animals actually are is something all zoos have to do to be legitimate, so the education factor in the game makes sense (though I'd still love more options for this, more diversity), but people don't typically visit the zoo thinking, "Oh yeah, I really want to go out to eat and the zoo has a great Chief Beef. I just need to get past those pesky buffalo to make it there."

Slowing down the rate at which guests lose hunger and thirst might be a good fix. Force them to think of their hunger and thirst as secondary to their desire to see animals. I don't know how this will affect the game's economics but as a sandbox player I don't really care about that anyway. Sandbox is also great because you can just turn off guest hunger and thirst and put food/drink wherever you please.

Top Bottom