Update 1.10.2

Yeah this sounds great but the building and scenery menu load times were the killer for me. 2 to 3 minutes to open those. Was this fixed?

From Reddit:

Yeah sure mate, bare in mind this is all purely anecdotal as someone else who has a slightly better than mid range PC who builds gigantic parks (I'm almost cresting 200k objects in current park). I'll just hit you with a before and after on everything after I've been testing.

Cobra engine loading screen time to get to main menu: 2+ mins -> 11 seconds

Loading screen to get into my current park: 7+mins -> 4 mins

Ingame FPS of current park while paused: 7 -> 23

Ingame FPS of current park whilst unpaused: 4 -> 18

Time to load the building tabs after pressing the TMT/Building/Scenery tabs: 10+seconds -> about 4-5

Time to populate item lists after the TMT/Building/Scenery tabs are opened: Up to literal minutes depending on items -> Instant

Crash issue after closing the game: Every single time -> No crashes at all - bear in mind here the game hung for me for about 3-4 seconds when clicking close to desktop but it closed just fine for me without any crash report popping up to prompt a force-close.

Advanced move crash is unclear right now, I expect its still in the game in some form or another because knowing how prevalent this is I feel like Frontier would make a song and dance about it (and rightfully so) when they finally fix it for us

So it looks like they made some serious improvements.

Sorry to spoil the fun, but I am seeing no improvements at all in my game. Park took the same time to load...maybe 2 minutes quicker? Menus still take 2 minutes and 17 seconds to open. The icons on the TMTK menu did populate faster (and I have 68 of them) but the icons on the building & scenery menus still populated very, very slowly.

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Sorry to spoil the fun, but I am seeing no improvements at all in my game. Park took the same time to load...maybe 2 minutes quicker? Menus still take 2 minutes and 17 seconds to open. The icons on the TMTK menu did populate faster (and I have 68 of them) but the icons on the building & scenery menus still populated very, very slowly.

If things haven't improved for you after the update can you please let our QA team know here. It may be that they need to take a look at your computer set up.

I reported my problem right after the toolkit update dropped. You guys have had my park file and DxDiag since then and I've sent it to you several times since then. But I'll do it again. [sad]

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
I reported my problem right after the toolkit update dropped. You guys have had my park file and DxDiag since then and I've sent it to you several times since then. But I'll do it again. [sad]

We know it can be frustrating to resubmit stuff but this all helps identify issues, especially if they persist after improvements have worked for others.

Okay...just submitted a new report. It would not let me use the 1.10.2 prefix on the report though so it still says 1.10.1 in the report heading.

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
Yeah this sounds great but the building and scenery menu load times were the killer for me. 2 to 3 minutes to open those. Was this fixed?

Mine seems to be unchanged. My menus take about 15 seconds to open or switch and it's about the same.

The last time I saw your Dxdiag, your graphics card drivers where 4 months old while newer updates where available.
Have you updated them prior to testing? Might be it.

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Just to highlight, this update focused on overall park frame rate/loading times and Thememaker's Toolkit improvements as per the Update Notes. It does not focus specifically on menu loading times currently, though with the other adjustments some people may see an improvement.

My graphics card drivers are up to date. I've been updating them periodically throughout this whole ordeal since the Toolkit update first dropped months ago with no improvements in menu load times. Guys, I'm not the only one that was having the issues. It's not my system. My game menus loaded fast the night before the toolkit update first dropped. The next morning, the morning of that update, is when the menu load times increased tenfold.

Awesome! Can't wait to get home tonight and play! Thanks again to the awesome team for working on these QoL updates for us!

Just tested this, seems to be a lot better then it was, no crashes to desktop or overly long load times.

Just need to make something w/ TMTK to see if that will cause any issues

Just opened up the game and here's my first thoughts about the patch.

I didn't notice an increase in how long the cobra window took or didn't take. I never was bothered by this before as I've come from the RCT3 generation of players where if you had a lot of Custom scenery it just took longer to load the game. this was to be expected. So the loading times and such was never an issue for me. I considered it expected behavior.

My park loaded somewhat quicker. Again though.. this wasn't a huge problem for me before as I just expected the bigger the park was, the longer it took.

My park got a pretty decent 10fps hike. It went from 23-24 fps to 33 to 36. That may not seem like a lot to some but I feel like it is. So in that regard BRAVO.

The TMTK issue. For me.. this is the thumbs down. My main issue with not using any TMTK stuff is how long it took to open the menus like scenery and buildings etc. I ended up unsubbing from all TMTK stuff just to get it where my menus would open faster in game. Although it does seem slightly faster. Its still not fixed. Since this was the number one reason why I don't use TMTK stuff and the number one issue I had that needed fixed. This patch isn't the one I've been waiting for. And considering this wasn't fixed and was one of the biggest complaints. I'm not sure how it was overlooked and why this was patch was touted as a "QOL"

My next steps in testing is going to be subscribing to about a few dozen TMTK items and see if the menus take even longer. If they don't. Well I guess I can work around it for now. But something tells me it will cause longer menu loading times and still means TMTK stuff will be unusable for the foreseeable future since it will probably be another month or more before another update.

Exiting out of the game..
This still hangs up my system. In fact if you take a screenshot in game. Then when you exit out to desktop you get a Steam window for screenshots (which states "Not responding" for a good few minutes before it finally goes away) So I don't see any fixes in exiting out of the game at all.

Not all is bad though.. I'll take that extra 10 fps.

Hayo coaster friends!

Guest performance Improvements
  • Crowd system memory and performance optimisation
Ride Performance Improvements
  • Ride and Tracked Ride optimisation to help improve frame rate on large parks

- Chanté [yesnod][heart]

Wow! Thank you so much Frontier! You continue to make one of the best pieces of computer software even better!

Top Bottom