Update Update 1.12.2

Steggs

Community Manager
Frontier
Hi everyone!

It's been great to see your feedback on Jurassic World Evolution: Return to Jurassic Park and Free Update 1.12 so far. We've taken a look at the reports we've received and have a new update out now which should fix some of the biggest issues we've seen. Take a look below for the full release notes:

Release Notes
  • Added unlock to allow driving of tour vehicles
  • Moved Pteranodon reputation unlock to Sorna Security to match the Aviary. Changed operations strength requirement of Pteranodon fossils to match.
  • Added track gate rotation to HUD control prompts and changed console button for gate rotation when editing the park tour track
  • Fixed map icon crashes
  • Fixed ACU helicopter occasionally clipping through the ground
  • Redwood trees now fulfill forest need
  • Restrooms now connect to paths correctly
  • Camera and audio fixes for JP buildings
  • Various UI fixes
  • Various text changes
  • Various localisation fixes

Thank you for your feedback so far!

Cool! Thank you, Steggs and Frontier! I know a few people were curious about being able to drive the tour vehicles and the quality of life improvements are always great. Thank you all for continuing to work so hard on the game and hear the voices of so many!

Hey Steggs,

Thank you for fixing the redwood trees! I was hoping they would be fixed before I get the chance to play with them myself, and you delivered!

Thank you for managing the unruly bunch of JP and JW fans on these forums.

They might be referring to dinosaurs like Mamenchisaurus and Gallimimus. But at this point it’s probably too late for them.

What's the difference between a JP and a JW Gallimimus? They're both yellow-brown with long necks and are easy pickings. Mamenchisaurus, I don't really see what's the deal here.

Done the update, but now the game crashes everytime I try to load a game. With this message.

An error has occurred CE-34878-0 was enjoying the JP dlc so please fix this.

What's the difference between a JP and a JW Gallimimus? They're both yellow-brown with long necks and are easy pickings. Mamenchisaurus, I don't really see what's the deal here.
The JP and JW Gallimimus are mostly similar (Aside from the JP ones not having teeth), but a 1993 patterning would be nice
latest

The film Mamenchisaurus is completely different compared to the JWE version It could definetely use a 1997 model variant
latest

Like what? Not all dinos in JWE are in the JP era. There's no Camarasaurus, Nigersaurus, Albertosaurus, Carcharodontosaurus in the JP movies.
Nor are they in the JW films. But many of these have been in JP games before. And there are also JP canon dinosaurs that are not on the roster right now. Such as Edmontosaurus and Troodon.

Is there any chance we could get the remote hatchery/arrival pad option for the Jurassic Park era sandbox builds like we get in the main Return to Jurassic Park campaign? I think it would go a long way to make the game more playable without having to add in viewing platforms and galleries since it basically only uses the safari tour. All the hatcheries require a pathway to function (and power of course if unlimited isn't enabled). With the pathway required and no monorail in the JP era it negates the idea of a classic build on any of the islands available in Sandbox using the safari tour as well as making the paddocks independent of the human inhabited areas.

The JP and JW Gallimimus are mostly similar (Aside from the JP ones not having teeth), but a 1993 patterning would be nice
latest

The film Mamenchisaurus is completely different compared to the JWE version It could definetely use a 1997 model variant
latest
I'd love it if the Gallimimus (and all the Ornithomimids) moved and acted like it did in the JP series. I know they're supposed to resemble birds, but they're way too bird-like in JW and JWE.

Thanks alot for this quick update (and for the game, and for this DLC), driveable Explorers were a must and boy, going in the T-Rex paddock in first person hit me with nostalgia like a truck, when the Rex charged and the screams sfx played while the Explorer was being destroyed was truly breathtaking.

We absolutely NEED a total no HUD gameplay option now, like don't even think about it just do it please, along with:

- Night vision toggle while in camera mode inside the tour Explorers, the sound effect when zooming is already basically the same as the goggles in the movie.

- Night vision toggle in the driveable Explorer.

- Camera mode inside the driveable Explorer. That's a no brainer, just use the same as the tour ones.

- Night vision toggle in the camera mode inside the driveable Explorer. Again, no brainer.

- Changing the driver model during the tour with a tourist one that's not driving should't require too much work and would be very welcome, same for the removal of any mentions of ACU and Gyrospheres during the tour as they are total immersion killer. I'd love a male voice guide like in the movie, but it may be too late for that with all the different langueges involved.

This is nitpicking, but please change the Explorers green hue into a warmer and more vibrant one, and to a lesser degree same for the yellow. They now resembles what they where in home video but that's not accurate to the original movie shown in theatres and real life props and replicas. Explorers were more vibrant and appealing.

Considering the tour is now the only attraction, some additional work to make it better would't be unnoticed. Not asking for tourist interacting with the touch screen or examining the tour map or putting on night vision goggles at night, as awesome as that would be, but what i mentioned (with the addition of warning signs on fences) should all be easy and quick to implement and would make a big difference already in my opinion.

Again, thank you all for this and please keep on improving/expanding JP era.

Hi everyone!

It's been great to see your feedback on Jurassic World Evolution: Return to Jurassic Park and Free Update 1.12 so far. We've taken a look at the reports we've received and have a new update out now which should fix some of the biggest issues we've seen. Take a look below for the full release notes:

Release Notes
  • Added unlock to allow driving of tour vehicles
  • Moved Pteranodon reputation unlock to Sorna Security to match the Aviary. Changed operations strength requirement of Pteranodon fossils to match.
  • Added track gate rotation to HUD control prompts and changed console button for gate rotation when editing the park tour track
  • Fixed map icon crashes
  • Fixed ACU helicopter occasionally clipping through the ground
  • Redwood trees now fulfill forest need
  • Restrooms now connect to paths correctly
  • Camera and audio fixes for JP buildings
  • Various UI fixes
  • Various text changes
  • Various localisation fixes

Thank you for your feedback so far!

Has there been any consideration of vehicles hitting dinosaurs? The dinosaurs can now attack vehicles, but vehicles cannot attack dinosaurs. Would be a very cool addition! Not only does it add to the play-ability of the game, but it would also bring a new level of caution to entering enclosures, "Be careful driving around your dinosaurs so you don't injure or kill them. Honk the horn so they move out of the way!"

Love the game!

Thank you for this quick series of hotfixes, glad some concerns are being addressed.

There are, however, several more, which myself and others have detailed. Some very minor, some not so minor.

Top Bottom