Update 1.18

Just downloaded it, didn't see any changelog in the Patch Note section of the forum. Probably just the trade data fix, or does anyone know more?

Ah yeah, they did say the consoles patch will be this week, was wondering the same thing. Couldn't see how big it was because it downloaded and installed 2 minutes after I started the PS4, so must have been pretty small - maybe 50MB, maybe less. Though funny thing, since this update I had a few bounties on me for shooting wanted assassination targets. It's like you have to fully complete scans on pirates again before opening fire.

Confirmed on full scan for pirates

Ah yeah, they did say the consoles patch will be this week, was wondering the same thing. Couldn't see how big it was because it downloaded and installed 2 minutes after I started the PS4, so must have been pretty small - maybe 50MB, maybe less. Though funny thing, since this update I had a few bounties on me for shooting wanted assassination targets. It's like you have to fully complete scans on pirates again before opening fire.

Verified last night on PS4. Was mining in my very first new shiny python. Got scanned, got the pirate hail of "give me your stuffs". Flipped around, targeted, and fired. Suddenly every single ship that was green turned red and started blowing me away. Wish they would tell us before they go and change things like this back. Could have saved me a bit of credits. Ugh.

Verified last night on PS4. Was mining in my very first new shiny python. Got scanned, got the pirate hail of "give me your stuffs". Flipped around, targeted, and fired. Suddenly every single ship that was green turned red and started blowing me away. Wish they would tell us before they go and change things like this back. Could have saved me a bit of credits. Ugh.

Shooting before complete the scan will turn you wanted... its an old rule

I thought that the change was to make it so that the KWS scanner made any out of sector bounties valid in the local sector, when they weren't "exactly" before...

As is, while you might have had a mission related pirate or bounty hunter come after you who was clean in your current sector or you could KWS scan every clean ship in sight (which was an offence in itself before) and though the scanner would reward you with any out of sector bounties detected for killing them, but you'd still be wanted locally for killing a, in as so far known to the local police, clean ship.
(Of course, if an out of sector bounty hunter or pirate shot you before you'd KWS scanned or shot them, they were instantly cleared as legitimate targets anyway :) .)

Now the KWS scanner should make all bounty kills valid everywhere, whether a "clean" ship has shot at you or not yet, but how would you know that a particular out of sector ship was wanted, without scanning them first? :) .
(While ships wanted in the local sector are displayed as such before you've even scanned them, though i'm still 99.99% certain that you still have to do a regular scan of them before you can engage them, if they haven't shot you first.)

Last edited:
That's how the KWS was suppose to work since it's inception. What I said is what was done and I can attest to it working before 3.0.5 because I've shot ships before a full scan was done and did not get a bounty from doing so. I can't attest to now tho.

That's how the KWS was suppose to work since it's inception. What I said is what was done and I can attest to it working before 3.0.5 because I've shot ships before a full scan was done and did not get a bounty from doing so. I can't attest to now tho.

Yes but it sounded like you were saying that you no longer had to do a regular scan of a non hostile ship before you could engage it unpunished (which i'm pretty sure is what Commander Sethyus is saying they did, they didn't mention using the KWS scanner)... :) .

Yes but it sounded like you were saying that you no longer had to do a regular scan of a non hostile ship before you could engage it unpunished (which i'm pretty sure is what Commander Sethyus is saying they did, they didn't mention using the KWS scanner)... :) .

That's actually what I said and never mentioned the KWS until you did. Scans being required before engaging wanted ships was removed with 3.0.3 and according to Sethyus FDev either added it back in or mucked it up with a glitch. Then again he could of attacked a clean ship since not all pirates are wanted.

Last edited:

The key word here would be "ATTACKING" one can attack without scanning, one can also attack without targgeting. Were not getting targgeting mixed up with scanning are we.

Well, hopefully this stops the mission board disconnects...that ate up 30 minutes of gameplay for me last night...

I got three this morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
The key word here would be "ATTACKING" one can attack without scanning, one can also attack without targgeting. Were not getting targgeting mixed up with scanning are we.

No, no mix-ups. Once you target a ship it takes about 10 seconds for the scan to complete. Nowadays I almost exclusively do wing assassination missions in a Corvette (I don't use KWS at all), so you can identify the bad guys without having to scan them - they are always the only Cutter/Conda/Corvette in the USS. So as soon as I drop at the mission USS (always "threat 5" for wing) I deploy weapons, target the said Cutter/Conda/Vette and open fire. I did that yesterday right after the update and suddenly got several bounties in a row as I started to attack them. They still said "Wanted" when I was firing at them, but as I was firing at I started to get one bounty after another for "assault" (200cr each). Then after killing the main target I was getting bounties for attacking their terrorist friends in the same manner.

Then I moved to another wing USS, and same story. Walked away with 5600 bounty on me after the two wing missions (so ~28 "assaults"). The credits aren't the issue, it's looking for IF in the vicinity with a large landing pad, that is. Didn't get notoriety for any of them thankfully. All that was on Open mode too - maybe it's an issue, since Open was buggier for me than solo for a while (like USS's don't spawn, Engineer upgrades sometimes not being applied to modules, few other things here and there).

Yes, they changed both the way KWS works, and the fact that you no longer would get a fine for attacking wanted ships regardless of whether you scanned them or not, as Spoil-t said. My issue has nothing to do with KWS, it's with the other thing.

I really don't think they intentionally reverted the changes, otherwise they would have said so. Most likely it just got broken.

Top Bottom