IMPORTANT: Update 1.3.8 - Spooky Pack DLC and more!

saw this on reddit just now lol

apt67uhax1oz.jpg

Wow, this pack is really amazing!
I have to say there are sooooooo many cool new items and as a great surprise the rain vfx! I have to do a lot of things now ;-)

Thank you very much Frontier! This is really great work, and I'm very thankful for this new items! Your hard and dedicated work is highly appreciated!!

[heart][heart]

Wow! I've only had time for a quick look at the wall sets and some of the scenery, but my God, this is so beautiful. So massive, massive thanks to the art department for their outstanding work. Ill thank you coders and sound designers in advance as I know it'll be amazing.

£7.99 for all this? Ridiculously good value for money, I'd say.

And also, the various options for light sequences in the tunnel on the new, FREE coaster is just astounding. It's just above and beyond what they needed to do, but I for one, massively appreciate the the extra effort team Frontier always put in.

I can't wait to get back in game to have a proper look around at all this amazing new content.

WOW! I am so amazed at this pack. You can create some pretty awesome spooky themed stuff with this update. The two rides showcased in this video are from the developers and they are AWESOME!

[video=youtube;tmNUmcEQv1E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmNUmcEQv1E[/video]

I love the new function/option for reduced/increased friction on the roller coasters, finally my coaster can run as it should. Thank you Frontier for that.

The new Spooky Pack DLC is very nice.

Last edited:
Thank you Frontier for once again adding some great content. I will be buying this Spooky DLC tomorrow. Can't wait for what is in store for the big anniversary update. Keep up the great work.

WOW! I am so amazed at this pack. You can create some pretty awesome spooky themed stuff with this update. The two rides showcased in this video are from the developers and they are AWESOME!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmNUmcEQv1E

Absolutely love this Spooky pack, superb work Frontier! I love the skeleton scream at 43 seconds on this video, for me this sums up the cheeky, tongue-in-cheek humour of the game and this dlc pack! [big grin]

But in RCT3 days, real world reverse freefall coasters did go foward. It was only around the early 2010s when they decided to go backwards.
https://youtu.be/swb2WDQjIHA
for me it is also no problem to get it bouth ways.
but if the real world freefall coaster where transformed to reverse freefall coaster that is mayby because it is nicer to look to the ground and everything than looking straight in the air and don't see anything.

the only real problem i have is that it is not a true coaster for me.
i mean you won't have bends and everytthing like that.
just accelerator and tower.

the game needs realy a coaster support modification. so we can form the support how we want to have it.

I haven't used much of the update yet but from what I've seen it all looks really impressive. Wanted to say thanks so much to Frontier for adding the Friction slider. It worked really well for making a tiny kiddy coaster where I lowered the friction and then didn't have to have as big a lift hill & was still able to have a decent length of track. Really looking forward to playing around with this some more and the rest of the items in the update. [big grin]

Hello coaster friends!

Ride/Coaster Bug Fixes and Improvements
[*]Improved functionality of multiple passes through the Viper One station
[/LIST]

Much thanks to the Frontier team! I know it was a small issue, but special thanks goes out to @BradleyPollard for caring and helping get this resolved! Every little detail matters [heart][big grin]

I would have posted sooner but I haven't been able to tear myself away from Planet Coaster.
Love the Spooky Pack DLC!
Great job all around!

PLEASE allow us to change the color of King Coaster and other entertainers! I want to use king ghoster in a pacman park, and I want king coaster to match other themes better!!! The plain white is boring, and with his red stripe he looks like a baseball [tongue] Other people want a non-blonde amalie!

Yeah, being able to turn the ghost-entertainer green would be cool (ghostbusters?). I don't think the few color variables will lower the performance that much.

Also, after seeing some creations, the Huntsman could quite use a bit more speed control. Going the same speed constantly seems a little tame for a spooky ride. For e.g. fairy-themed rides however, the constant speed seems fine, though.

Last edited:
Thank your for the last update and the spooky content. [big grin]

I just want to give some feedback. After purchasing the spooky DLC on Monday and building and testing since then I have to admit that I am completely satisfied.[big grin] To be honest, spooky stuff was the last thing I waited for, but I am positively surprised.[woah][cool] I like that the skeletons and stuff are spooky, yet also look quite funny - spooky but not too scary.[happy] I really like that! I also like the spiders in different sizes etc.
The building parts are very cool as well, as you can use them for different things.
Even if I didn't wait for spooky stuff I would be glad to see another spooky DLC next year if it has the same quality.[woah]
That said, I hope for Jurassic Park, adventure, maritime, Egyptian, jungle stuff ;-) [big grin]

To Bo and Ed and the whole Frontier team as well as all the moderators: Keep on going, you're all doing a wonderful job. Never mind those critical or even devastating noise from those noisy few. I like that you read our feedback and keep developing the game. I also like when we get some reports on how decision making was made (i.e. audio) so we know what difficult decisions sometimes are and how complicated it is to develop such a game. I know that those reports keep you away from developing and often are made in free time. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!! [big grin]

The pack gets a big [up] from me! It really brings the spooky theme to life. It even inspired me to make my very first ride (I'm lazy, I never know what to put in them and so my best friend is the workshop) I spent all night on the ride and then I found I was a few thousand pieces over the blueprint limit, which just goes to show the amount of inspiration gathered from the new pack! I'd say its worth the money and I'm very happy with it. I'd also like to see another spooky pack next year if is as good as this one.

I'm also really happy the pack included a bin/bench/lamp set and I love the design, thank you so much to whoever did them.

Top Bottom