Update 1.4.2 Out Now! 🦦

Jay Wilton

Community Manager
Hayo Zookeepers!

Thanks for sharing all your awesome feedback following the Aquatic Pack! It's been wonderful for us to see you get acquainted with the new animals, and we've loved seeing you create habitats for them. We'd also like to thank you for sharing any issues you've come across; we're now ready to release Update 1.4.2! Please take a look at the Update Notes below:

Bug Fixes
  • Animals
    • Fixed an issue where animals would sometimes move a small amount in the opposite direction of their intended destination after surfacing from underwater swimming.
    • Fixed underwater particle trails exiting out of the water.
    • Increased the minimum height of the King Penguins slightly to amend scaling issues in social interaction animations.
    • Fixed Market Animals sometimes linking to the incorrect Zoopedia entry.
    • Fixed animals escaping a habitat via the platform floats.
  • Staff
    • Fixed an issue when the user deletes a Staff room while there is an Educator resting in it and they are also deleted from the park with it. This also fixes a rarer case where the same thing would happen to Staff members that are only in the Staff building to hide from a dangerous escaped animal.
    • Educators can now head to Animal Talk Points up to three months in advance, up from the previous one month preparation time, and will autonomously determine how much time they need to reach the Animal Talk Point.
  • Scenery
    • Moved the new Waterfall assets to the 'Construction > Special Effects > Water' building menu.
    • Fixed an issue where duplicating a plant could make it unable to place on water.
    • Fixed a localisation error causing Arctic Buildings being incorrectly ordered in the Blueprints menu.
    • Added missing theme tags for Arctic Shelter Blueprints.
    • Platform float now aligns correctly to the water's surface when "Align To Surface" placement option is on.
    • Fixed names for several Double Pitch Corner roof assets where the name contained incorrect height information.
    • Fixed the researching of thick glass barrier on Challenge and Franchise Mode so that it now works if all other levels of Barrier Research were completed before its addition.
  • Timed Scenarios
    • Fixed players being unable to save the "Red Barn River Zoo" Timed Scenario due to it including a scenery asset from the Australia DLC. The piece has been removed from the starting save.
  • Facilities
    • Water Temperature Regulator
      • Fixed an issue where increasing the range of a Water Temperature Modifier would not update to affect newly attached lakes.
      • Fixed an issue where notifications appeared for unsuitable temperatures when Animal Welfare was disabled.
  • Guests
    • Balanced visibility so that Guests will use underwater viewing areas more when animals are deep swimming.
    • Reduced destination rating pull for Animal Talks to prevent Guests from walking from all over the zoo.
  • UI
    • Fixes to Transport Ride Management "Number of Trains" and "Cars per Train" steppers.
    • Ticket Price stepper in Transport Ride Management screen now increases in increments of $0.10.
    • Guests reached stat for Animal Talks Management UI is now displaying correctly and kept between saving and loading.
    • Resolution and border improvements to the shop branding banner images.
    • Fixed the locate pin on some Timeline events breaking the Animal UI temporarily.
Stability
  • Fix for a crash that could happen after moving an already placed plant over water and then selecting a different plant.
  • Further crash and stability fixes.
Known Issue
  • Franchise mode - Multi-select will be disabled as we look to investigate and carry out improvements to usability and functionality.
Please continue to share your bugs on our Issue Tracker! We will return in the new year to read your feedback, and suggestions, to continue improving Planet Zoo!

Known Issues: Multi-select for Franchise Mode Animal Storage - we are aware people have been experiencing issues with it. We have removed it for now, but we're aiming to release Update 1.4.3 early next year and we're looking to include a solution for the Multi-select in that update.

Looks good, thank you!

Happy to see the Franchise multi-select will get another pass. I would have dealt with it if I had to, but it can definitely be improved.

And yay, a fix for the missing Animal UIs!

Sounds like the balance changes on animals talks will be helpful, too.

1.4 added the Multi-select tool to the franchise zoo. That means the player has to click an animal once to select and then again to deselect, if they want to interact with another animal

The system works in the campaign and the sandbox, where the individual animal often don't really matter and the trade center ist just used to acquire animals to send them to the habitats.

But in Franchise, animals are harder to replace and therefore individually more important. Some players spend a lot of time comparing the stats of animals to find pairs that give the best possible offspring. But comparing animals in the trade center is very tedious, if one has to select and deselect every animal. The Multi-select tool just don't fit to the playstyle of some/ many franchise players

The Multi-select tool just don't fit to the playstyle of some/ many franchise players

Exactly. Heard multiple users complaining about the multi select option in franchise. Heard some people released their good animals because they forgot to deselect.
Tbh, the multi-select option in PZ is different than most games.

I would have dealt with it if I had to, but it can definitely be improved.
Same here.

Thanks for the update and fixes, still asking for a sandbox option regarding the new water temp regulator an option to always have the correct temp for the animals or something so we dont require to place it, we have options for the electricity and waterpump so please also make one for this. And please we keep asking for a no litter option, its been a year and this is also one of the options seriously missing in sandbox mode.

The Problem that some Lamps don't work wasn't solved yet. Is the Team currently trying to find a Solution?

Also thanks a lot. The Guests are now using the Underwater Viewing Area of the Seal Enclosure

Exactly. Heard multiple users complaining about the multi select option in franchise. Heard some people released their good animals because they forgot to deselect.
At least I'm not the only one who accidentally did it. I really hope this won't happen to me again after they've updated it

I was hoping that they would revert that update change that makes Animal Storage not allow us to send over 50 animals to storage anymore. Here is the feature that we lost: Placing animals in the Storage allowed their aging to be "paused". In my Sandbox Zoo, I have every animal and every baby animal. Sandbox allows you to either pause ageing for all all animals or none. You cannot individually choose animals for their ageing to be paused. If ageing is paused across the zoo, animals cant breed, but if ageing is not paused, animals can breed but will age and it is impossible to keep all the baby animals as babies. The way around this was to place animals you did not want to age in storage so that animals on the outside can age and breed, while keeping the animals in storage safe from ageing. Big Zoos will have more than 50 animals needed to be frozen while breeding occurs on the outside. This feature should be placed back in the game or please create a Sandbox option that allows either to pause aging individually for animals or allow a way for breeding to occur while ageing is paused. (I have to wait to play anyway because I have such a big Zoo, I cant add any more animals without the textures becoming blurry due to hitting the Limit of VRAM, according to Frontier Support and I now require the RTX 3090 which has more VRAM then my current RTX 2080 TI.)

Does somebody know if it's fixed, that animals walk or swim through barriers? I had made a short test in my break, but it seems that the giant otters for example are still walking through barriers.

Top Bottom