Update 1.5.1 Out Now! Edit: Patch 1.5.2 Out Now!

Jay Wilton

Community Manager
Edit: We have now also released Patch 1.5.2:

Stability
  • General Crash Fixes.
------------

Hayo Zookeepers!

Thank you all for sharing your feedback since the launch of Update 1.5 and the Southeast Asia Animal Pack. It's been wonderful to see everyone get to know these incredible new creatures! The team has been busy addressing various bugs and issues to make your experience even better, which leads to today's news: Update 1.5.1 is now available. Take a look at the Update Notes below:

This update contains bug fixes, updates, and some new content.
  • General Bug Fixes and Improvements
    • Animals
      • Fixed a small number of animation issues where the Binturong would misshape.
      • Fixed a dark visual issue on the side of the Binturong nose.
      • Fixed an issue when animals jump into water where they would teleport to water surface.
      • Fixed an issue where the female Binturong would not interact with the Tree Forager food enrichment.
      • Fixed the Dhole tongue being detached from mouth before fight animation begins.
      • Fixed a small number of animation issues when the Clouded Leopard used the Hammock.
      • Increased the Gharial deep swimming speed slightly.
      • Fixed an animation issue where animals can jerk when jumping.
      • Fixed an issue where animals would rotate in the air while jumping.
      • Fixed an issue where the Malayan Tapir, Proboscis Monkey and Babirusa could spawn without proper textures.
    • Scenery
      • Four new billboard assets were added for more customisability in your zoos:
        • Screen Panel 1m x 1m (+ a Lit version)
        • Screen Panel 2m x 2m (+ a Lit version)
      • Added new Babirusa animal sign for Southeast Asia pack owners.
      • Fixed the education speaker showing an override texture option.
    • Game Modes
      • Sandbox
        • Fixed an issue where animals were still becoming pregnant if the ageing and birth was disabled in the sandbox settings.
      • Scenario
        • Fixed a small number of geometry issues in the following scenario reward statues:
          • Bornean Orangutan
          • Giant Panda
          • Indian Rhinoceros
          • Japanese Macaque
          • Lion
          • Siberian Tiger
    • Staff
      • Fixed the Keeper not accessing the Underwater Feeder in certain circumstances.
      • Fixed an issue when an Animal Talk point gives out a notification saying it is not accessible when it actually is.
    • UI
      • Help Topics
        • Added guest spawner to the help submenu.
      • Misc
        • Replaced the old Binturong icons with new updated version.
        • Added new icons for maturation and conception in timeline.
        • Fixed Flexicolour palette resetting to red when selecting any shade of pure grey.
        • Fixed Information boards custom tab having very little space when adding custom media due to the requirement text window below.
    • Stability
      • General Crash Fixes.
    • Performance
      • General performance tweaks and optimisations.
Please continue to share your feedback with us both on the forums and on the issue tracker, and we can't wait to see more of your creations!

Last edited:
No lit version for the 1 and 2 meters panels in 16:9 format? (currently only available as TV panels)

Last edited:
Uhh, I love the new billboard options! Small is always needed, thank you very much for that!

Jay, we unfortunately still have an issue with climbing frames. It is an ongoing bug now ever since the Australia pack.

Thread

It also transfered over to calculating water. Sometimes, when platforms are used in water, the deep water isn't calculated correctly and says it's 0 m. Deleting or moving the platform slightly and then moving it back / hitting undo fixes the problem every time, but it can randomly accure again after entering the zoo anew. It rarely effects all habitats, but random ones. I already send in my save files twice in the past, as per request. What else can we do to help the Devs fix this bug? It's been quite a while now that we didn't hear anything about if this is been worked on or if additional info is needed.

Water-problem proof here:

Slogfunk twitter

Jay Wilton

Community Manager
Uhh, I love the new billboard options! Small is always needed, thank you very much for that!

Jay, we unfortunately still have an issue with climbing frames. It is an ongoing bug now ever since the Australia pack.

Thread

It also transfered over to calculating water. Sometimes, when platforms are used in water, the deep water isn't calculated correctly and says it's 0 m. Deleting or moving the platform slightly and then moving it back / hitting undo fixes the problem every time, but it can randomly accure again after entering the zoo anew. It rarely effects all habitats, but random ones. I already send in my save files twice in the past, as per request. What else can we do to help the Devs fix this bug? It's been quite a while now that we didn't hear anything about if this is been worked on or if additional info is needed.

Water-problem proof here:

Slogfunk twitter
Hey,

thanks for your help in the past with the issue! As you've stated yourself, the bug is quite intermittent in its reproduction. As such, the team is currently still investigating the core issue alongside other high-priority issues and work.

Thanks!

Four new billboard assets were added for more customisability in your zoos:
I assume the 1m x 1m Panels will be perfect for the Creation of own Signs that tell the Guests to be quiet and don't feed the Animals. Thanks a lot for them.

Fixed a small number of geometry issues in the following scenario reward statues:
  • Bornean Orangutan
  • Giant Panda
  • Indian Rhinoceros
  • Japanese Macaque
  • Lion
  • Siberian Tiger
What exactly does this mean?

Hey,

thanks for your help in the past with the issue! As you've stated yourself, the bug is quite intermittent in its reproduction. As such, the team is currently still investigating the core issue alongside other high-priority issues and work.

Thanks!
Okay, as long as it's still on the Devs radar, I'm fine. :) Just wasn't sure about that.

Thank you so much for bug fixes and specially the new billboard options! I would like to ask one thing: What is the reason for the decision not to include small sized screen panels with 16:9 proportions? We already have the small TV screen, but an unlit screen version would be very useful in many zoos! 😃

I know I am bringing this up once again, but after South America pack release, we got info that the natural mound enrichment (that is used by anteaters) would be made available for aardvarks too. That was almost a year ago, but never heard of that once again. Is this still something that we will see eventually?

Last edited:
Thank you so much for bug fixes and specially the new billboard options! I would like to ask one thing: What is the reason for the decision not to include small sized screen panels with 16:9 proportions? We already have the small TV screen, but an unlit screen version would be very useful in many zoos! 😃
Every Screen should have a unlit Version. It would also be nice (if it wasn't already fixed and just forgotten to write it here) if the Devs would look into that Problem where Pictures and Videos on the Custom Billboards are shown noticeably brighter than they actually are

I assume the 1m x 1m Panels will be perfect for the Creation of own Signs that tell the Guests to be quiet and don't feed the Animals. Thanks a lot for them.
I could be wrong but I think you'd still need the actual signs (which work even if you hide / bury them) as guests need something to respond to.

With the focus on flexicolour, can we please have a way of organizing our used colors? I have to collect them in a seperate file.

Hayo Zookeepers!

Thank you all for sharing your feedback since the launch of Update 1.5 and the Southeast Asia Animal Pack. It's been wonderful to see everyone get to know these incredible new creatures! The team has been busy addressing various bugs and issues to make your experience even better, which leads to today's news: Update 1.5.1 is now available. Take a look at the Update Notes below:

This update contains bug fixes, updates, and some new content.
  • General Bug Fixes and Improvements
    • Animals
      • Fixed a small number of animation issues where the Binturong would misshape.
      • Fixed a dark visual issue on the side of the Binturong nose.
      • Fixed an issue when animals jump into water where they would teleport to water surface.
      • Fixed an issue where the female Binturong would not interact with the Tree Forager food enrichment.
      • Fixed the Dhole tongue being detached from mouth before fight animation begins.
      • Fixed a small number of animation issues when the Clouded Leopard used the Hammock.
      • Increased the Gharial deep swimming speed slightly.
      • Fixed an animation issue where animals can jerk when jumping.
      • Fixed an issue where animals would rotate in the air while jumping.
      • Fixed an issue where the Malayan Tapir, Proboscis Monkey and Babirusa could spawn without proper textures.
    • Scenery
      • Four new billboard assets were added for more customisability in your zoos:
      • Added new Babirusa animal sign for Southeast Asia pack owners.
      • Fixed the education speaker showing an override texture option.
    • Game Modes
      • Sandbox
        • Fixed an issue where animals were still becoming pregnant if the ageing and birth was disabled in the sandbox settings.
      • Scenario
        • Fixed a small number of geometry issues in the following scenario reward statues:
          • Bornean Orangutan
          • Giant Panda
          • Indian Rhinoceros
          • Japanese Macaque
          • Lion
          • Siberian Tiger
    • Staff
      • Fixed the Keeper not accessing the Underwater Feeder in certain circumstances.
      • Fixed an issue when an Animal Talk point gives out a notification saying it is not accessible when it actually is.
    • UI
      • Help Topics
        • Added guest spawner to the help submenu.
      • Misc
        • Replaced the old Binturong icons with new updated version.
        • Added new icons for maturation and conception in timeline.
        • Fixed Flexicolour palette resetting to red when selecting any shade of pure grey.
        • Fixed Information boards custom tab having very little space when adding custom media due to the requirement text window below.
    • Stability
      • General Crash Fixes.
    • Performance
      • General performance tweaks and optimisations.
Please continue to share your feedback with us both on the forums and on the issue tracker, and we can't wait to see more of your creations!

FYI, the new small billboards are marked in the menu as large!
20210407122518_1.jpg

I know I am bringing this up once again, but after South America pack release, we got info that the natural mound enrichment (that is used by anteaters) would be made available for aardvarks too. That was almost a year ago, but never heard of that once again. Is this still something that we will see eventually?
Yeah, I have this marked down for a TLC update in which they need to address some physical issues with a few animals as well as some behavioral issues. It's a list that's going to be similar to my other lists but will be specific to those issues. I'll probably wait until the release of the third dlc before I release it.

Top Bottom