Update 1.5.3 available now! Edit Update 1.5.4 out now!

Tim Smith

Lead Community Manager
Edit: We have now released Update 1.5.4.

• General Bug Fixes
    • Temporarily reverting the collapsible staff type headers in the staff management UI as they have introduced a number of issues. The headers will be restored in a future update once all issues are addressed. Apologies for any inconvenience.
    • Removed blank property tags in the main scenery browser.
  • Stability
    • General Crash Fixes.

Hayo Zookeepers!

We hope you've been enjoying getting to know our wonderful new roster of amazing creatures from the Southeast Asia Animal Pack. Thank you all for sharing your feedback with us, as always it helps us make Planet Zoo the best it can be. This update addresses several bug fixes and crash issues that have been reported. Take a look at the Update Notes below:

General Bug Fixes
  • Fixed not being able to delete or modify a guest spawner and Zoo Entrance after reloading Franchise Save.
  • Fixed being able to delete zoo entrances and ticket barriers outside the boundaries to gain extra cash.
  • Fixed the cash and Conservation Credit filters not working in the Animal Market in non-Franchise modes.
  • Fixed wrong size tags on large and small common water lily.
  • Fixed Incorrect size symbol for 1m x 1m and 2m x 2m screen panels.
  • Fixed settings menu closing itself while in Franchise mode.
  • Fixed an issue with the water tool status not being disabled in Scenario tutorials.
  • Fixed not being able to place the large herbivore habitat blueprint.
  • Fixed an issue where the genetics rating filter would sometimes show in Franchise Mode, despite being unsupported.
  • Added Dhole model and animation tweaks.
  • Added small ball enrichment tags for the Arctic Wolf.
  • Added Flexicolour tags that were missing from concrete construction pieces.
  • Added missing Flexicolour tag to special effect scenery pieces.
  • Removed incorrect tags from some scenery.
  • Updated the conservation status of the African Elephant from VU to EN.
  • Adjusted crowd pull for educational talks.
  • Added collapsible headers for staff management page.
Stability
  • General Crash Fixes.
Please continue to share your feedback with us over on the issue tracker, as well as any of your amazing creations and stories here on the forums!

Last edited:
Hayo Zookeepers!

We hope you've been enjoying getting to know our wonderful new roster of amazing creatures from the Southeast Asia Animal Pack. Thank you all for sharing your feedback with us, as always it helps us make Planet Zoo the best it can be. This update addresses several bug fixes and crash issues that have been reported. Take a look at the Update Notes below:

General Bug Fixes

• Added Dhole model and animation tweaks.
Thank you, this is very much appreciated. They looked a little off in my game before. I'd still prefer them in winter coat, but maybe some day we get animals that are more accustomed to the tempred biome. Judging from last years anniversary it's the most played biome, if I remember correctly. :)

Could you give us a short update on where on the list is the bug, that visitors do not donate anymore when infinite stay is turned on in sandbox? We are currently unable to play with money on when we also want our guest to expierience all parts of a larger zoo. The bug has been around for quite a while now, regarding to fellow players.

Wow, didn't expect a new Update so early.
Fixed being able to delete zoo entrances and ticket barriers outside the boundaries to gain extra cash.
Does this mean we can delete the original Entrance now normally or that it was fixed that it is possible to delete it Piece by Piece?

Thank you for the update!

Added collapsible headers for staff management page.
I've been waiting for this for so long! So happy that it's finally here! Thanks! To make it perfect, it would be great if you added a "select all" button to select all the staff included in that header (for example, all the vendors).

Added Dhole model and animation tweaks.
Does this mean that the design of the Dhole has changed?

Fixed Incorrect size symbol for 1m x 1m and 2m x 2m screen panels.
The symbol is correct now, but the image displayed is still confusing to me. The small screen has a larger image than the larger screen:
20210504123703_1.jpg

Cool update, but a bit disappointed it doesn't fix the "aquatic issue".

When two water enclosures are separated by a fence, aquatic animals (Crocodiles / Gharials / Grey Seals etc) pass through like if there were nothing. Even if we put a ton of physical objects, they don't care ! One other surprising thing is that the escape alarm sounds only few minutes later.

It's a bug that came with the Aquatic Pack and either still hasn't been fixed completely or was reintroduced with the last update/dlc...

Does this update correct the names of the Ussuri dhole and North Sulawesi babirusa? In-game they only show up as "dhole" and "babirusa". The former is fine since Ussuri dholes are just a subspecies but there's 4 whole species of babirusa. Specification is always appreciated!

.Does this mean we can delete the original Entrance now normally or that it was fixed that it is possible to delete it Piece by Piece?
i looked in the game and yes you can delete all including the paths. Me the only thing that I regret is that the animals are still not by
Continent but otherwise the update is cool.

Still no fix for animals being dropped in their boxes outside the trade center https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/25884 hope this is getting fixed, send 2 different save games already withit happening, others hve also send save games weeks ago. Hope we can get a fix soon.

Also not fixed is the controls that stop working a lot of times when alt tabbing in and out of the game or when using the ingame steam workshop overlay see ticket https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/25420 this has been an issue since launch but has gotten worse over the last months

It has a little bit, I believe. The eyes look better and are not that far into the skull anymore. At least in my game.
Are the Ears also slightly shorter? If I remember correctly they were a little bit too long. Can't look it up myself because I don't have the Pack yet (maybe I'll buy it soon)

i looked in the game and yes you can delete all including the paths. Me the only thing that I regret is that the animals are still not by
Continent but otherwise the update is cool.
Great. I have the Problem with the deleted Entrance that there is a Light that I couldn't delete because for some Reason it wasn't in the Group. Can we also build there now? Maybe something great could be done there with Plants 🤔

This update seems to have broke the saff page of the zoo's :(

When I go to the staff page, it now looks like this;
Staff bug.jpg

I have to click on each of the different kind of staff to get them to chow. I guess this is intentional, but i don't really get why. It just adds more clicking... so it makes navigating it more annoying...

And then there is the big bug. I wanted to see if any of my staff was at lower than five stars, but when I clicked the star section, it just looked like this;
Staff bug 2.jpg

As you can see, no staff are showing at all. I've tried a few different things, like first clicking the downarrow on each type of staff, multiselecting a bunch of them etc, but nothing works, so the only way for me now to see how many stars the staff have is to click on each type of staff and scroll thru them....

Please stop making the game features LESS convenient for us! it doesn't make any sence -.-

Also since you changed it to endangered, change the African elephant’s name to African Bush Elephant. The African Forest Elephant is critically endangered and it’s important to show that they are separate species

Last edited:
I have to click on each of the different kind of staff to get them to chow. I guess this is intentional, but i don't really get why. It just adds more clicking... so it makes navigating it more annoying...

I'm one of the players who had asked for this change, so I'm very happy with it. Before, in large zoos with 50+ keepers and 80+ vendors, we had to scroll a lot to see the vets for example, so now it is much easier to get quickly to them.

As always, each person has different opinions and what is good for one, is bad for the other.

I'm one of the players who had asked for this change, so I'm very happy with it. Before, in large zoos with 50+ keepers and 80+ vendors, we had to scroll a lot to see the vets for example, so now it is much easier to get quickly to them.

As always, each person has different opinions and what is good for one, is bad for the other.
Well, before, when you wanted to upgrade your staff, you just clicked the star marker to instanty see which and how many of them you needed to upgrade. Now you have to first click every staff type and scroll thru each of them. Maybe not such a big deal in a small zoo, but doing that in a big zoo with over 300 staff? not so fun and takes forever....

Fine, keep the first page as it is (even though it could have been done way better), but why remove all other options we had, why remove the option to click the individual "stats" like starrating, happyness, energy, workload etc??? it makes it almost impossible to find troubles with your staff or do anything with them in a large zoo!

Edit: And since all the filters and selected staff you have gets reset everytime you click on anything else (if you need to release of send a recently grown animal to the market for example) it makes it take Even longer to do anything... (plus this Extremly annoying "feature" they implemented last update, that as soon as you do ANYTHING with any kind of scroll feature, it instantly scrolls up to the top. Please please remove this stupid "feature"!!!!)

Last edited:
Well, before, when you wanted to upgrade your staff, you just clicked the star marker to instanty see which and how many of them you needed to upgrade. Now you have to first click every staff type and scroll thru each of them. Maybe not such a big deal in a small zoo, but doing that in a big zoo with over 300 staff? not so fun and takes forever....

Fine, keep the first page as it is (even though it could have been done way better), but why remove all other options we had, why remove the option to click the individual "stats" like starrating, happyness, energy, workload etc??? it makes it almost impossible to find troubles with your staff or do anything with them in a large zoo!

Edit: And since all the filters and selected staff you have gets reset everytime you click on anything else (if you need to release of send a recently grown animal to the market for example) it makes it take Even longer to do anything... (plus this Extremly annoying "feature" they implemented last update, that as soon as you do ANYTHING with any kind of scroll feature, it instantly scrolls up to the top. Please please remove this stupid "feature"!!!!)
I was just talking about the first page with the headers, that's why I only quoted that part of your message, not everything. I haven't tried the filters yet. Of course, if the filters aren't working, that part of the update needs fixing then.

EDIT: i just checked and the filters are not working, so the first page should remain as it is now, but the other tabs with the filters need to be fixed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom