Update 1.5.3 available now! Edit Update 1.5.4 out now!

Is this the first time an animal got its model changed after release?
I can't remember if it has happened before, only the binturong but that was before the official release.

I hope this means other species over time will be looked into as well. I would have preferred they looked into the Malayan tapir over the Dhole, but it is better than nothing for sure.

Thank you for the collapseable staff menus, along with everything else of course. Having this helps greatly if you've got a lot of staff. Especially if you need to review the vets!

Agreed...but now they need to fix the fact that you can no longer sort by any of the columns at the top. I don't understand why they don't do at least a basic test of UI elements when they make changes; they literally always break basic stuff when they make changes like this.

What was even wrong with the dhole model? I did not notice that much criticism on it to be changed.
Only saw the Screenshot from when it was shown for the first Time so I don't know what else could've been wrong, but I remember from that Pictures that the Ears are/were a little bit too long.
The eyes look better and are not that far into the skull anymore
At least this was fixed. Don't know about any other Changes that were made

As awesome as the bugfixes are... the trade centre storage in franchise mode still marks all stored animals as "from the same zoo" (which is actually the one I'm now playing), even though they aren't!
Since I have a bunch of franchise zoos, I use to put my matured offspring from one zoo to another for breeding. But for this it is necessary to SEE which of my zoos is the origin of that specific animal I'm about to put into the destinated habitat.

Please, please, please (let me get what I want this-- tells Morrissey to shut up) fix this issue 😞

As awesome as the bugfixes are... the trade centre storage in franchise mode still marks all stored animals as "from the same zoo" (which is actually the one I'm now playing), even though they aren't!
Since I have a bunch of franchise zoos, I use to put my matured offspring from one zoo to another for breeding. But for this it is necessary to SEE which of my zoos is the origin of that specific animal I'm about to put into the destinated habitat.

Please, please, please (let me get what I want this-- tells Morrissey to shut up) fix this issue 😞
Have the same Problem

How is this aquatic issue? Probably will be fixed soon, I remember the giraffe feeder was empty in tier 3 food until a few updates ago.

Was something changed about the Hitboxes? Since this Update my Jaguars need to be moved manually away from the Gate

Thank you, this is very much appreciated. They looked a little off in my game before. I'd still prefer them in winter coat, but maybe some day we get animals that are more accustomed to the tempred biome. Judging from last years anniversary it's the most played biome, if I remember correctly. :)

Could you give us a short update on where on the list is the bug, that visitors do not donate anymore when infinite stay is turned on in sandbox? We are currently unable to play with money on when we also want our guest to expierience all parts of a larger zoo. The bug has been around for quite a while now, regarding to fellow players.

I really would not look too closely at that. The temperate biome in the game is the most versatile map we have really, there is not much else that can accommodate the variety of maps that are needed. I use the temperate biome for all of my work, since neither the desert or grassland maps work for me since green grass is not possible in either of those. Yet the temperate map is for me just a canvas, nothing else, and the same for many other players that I happen to know.

For me it could be Northern Israel, Southern Spain, the Croatian Dalmatian coast or even Central California, it makes no difference, and neither of these places is temperate. But if I wanted a map that would allow me to built a zoo in any of these regions, the temperate map is the only one suited for it. There is a hand full of them really so what is the alternative at this point?

Ideally I would love to use the desert map, if there was a tool for editing the ground cover options, and I could use green grass in it, but that is not yet possible in this game. So the majority of players using this map, means nothing really.

For me the priority is monkeys and birds, as zoos without them look really off at this point.

Well, since the binturong and now the dhole have been adjusted, hopefully they'll do the Malayan tapir next.

Wouldn't count on it either, the lion from the base game is still there, and so are the very undersized North American bison and Camel, it is all still there. The Nyala, one of my favorite antelopes, quite impressive in real life also seems to have been measured up to the shoulder and given inaccurate proportions. But then again nothing is truly to scale in the game, is it? is there even a scale? If there is, what is it then? Because we can use the human figures in the game as a point of reference, and even that would not really work since, they are quite disproportionate as well. Then the props seem to use a completely different scale, as something like the wheel barrel in comparison to a keeper is completely off, so not sure what to make out of any of it. I'm looking at the Dhole right now and all the changes seem to be in reference to behavior, not appearance. Yet again I never payed that much attention to the Dhole so it is always possible.

Last edited:
This is great! Even though it's not much (which is expected), it's so nice to see an update one month after a major update/DLC. Really great to see this!

I've taken to putting an abbreviation of the zoo that I want my animals in trade to go to at the end of the names, but I have to do it from the zoo not the trade center. Even having an option to rename while in the trade center would help out with this method greatly, because you are right, having them all have the name of the zoo you're currently playing as what zoo they're from is extremely confusing. I might breed a tiger in zoo A, and want it in Zoo B, how do I know which of my tigers in my trade center it is (I use that example because I discovered I horde tigers apparently). I don't want to mess up a process to avoid inbreeding or to replace a near-death animal.

Top Bottom