Update 1.5.3

What brilliant news.

Thank you so much, Frontier, you lovely, lovely people. Now take some well deserved time off and enjoy an epic Christmas.. Love you guys. [big grin]

We can finally make proper train rides!!
happy-dance-.gif

[up][up][up]

So... Transport rides now work with both a single, and multiple stations? Seems to me, the next logical step is multiple stations on coasters [cool][up][mouth shut]

I think a chair lift would be a perfect addition to the game, especially a Von Roll type with large covered cabins that can seat several people. Maybe next year? Hint, hint. And make it both a transport and a tracked ride. I believe Six Flags Great Adventure, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, and California’s Great America still have them, and maybe the two Disney parks in CA and FL. Thank you for fixing the trains/monorails as well! That was a big issue for me especially with park recreations, as a lot of parks have train rides with just one station, they are used just as scenic rides as riders return to the station they boarded at and can’t be used as transportation to get somewhere else in the park. Both the trains at my local park now have just one station, a diesel train and a fake steam train replica, built in 1935 and 1993, in the 90’s both trains had two stations each, but in 2000 the diesel train’s second station was closed and the steam train’s second station was closed to shorten the layout to build a new inverted coaster which opened 2001. The park is on the workshop, mattypark made it, it’s called Dorney Park. I made some changes to my copy to make it more accurate, and added newer rides like the classic Ferris wheel which is an exact copy of the one at Dorney Park, which opened in 1989. It is a Chance wheel which is what the one in Planet Coaster is based on.

Last edited:
I think a chair lift would be a perfect addition to the game, especially a Von Roll type with large covered cabins that can seat several people. Maybe next year? Hint, hint. And make it both a transport and a tracked ride. I believe Six Flags Great Adventure, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, and California’s Great America still have them, and maybe the two Disney parks in CA and FL.

It would definitely have to be a big cabin to fit up to 6 guests. Or they could treat it like the ghost train and have 3 sets of 2 seaters but then you'd have empty chairs going regularly since groups wont split up.

I imagine this kind would be what they're aiming for if they did do a chairlift/gondola,

cable-car-gondolas-carry-visitors-to-ocean-park-amusement-park-in-AD3FNM.jpg

Last edited:
+ 1 for the gondola and chairlift idea (both please) - would also like to see trolleys - like at Disney's California Adventure - the big red trolley and of course - Paddle Steamer. Best game ever - my brother is now playing after I sent him a link to the preview - and he's a tough person to crack - so thanks guys and gals for the terrific game, best wishes for the season, Gregus

I agree that a gondola /chairlift would be very nice, it would realy help to have a point-to-point transport to get guests further in to the park . The additon of the boats was great and nice that we can use also trains as a scenic ride now, :)

That is a really neat update for christmas to take Train and Monorail into account too and make them all tracked rides/ transport rides.

I feel like this style would be most appropriate for a theme park. From what I've seen it's one of the most common ones.

skyride_-_busch_gardens__fl__-_2009.jpg

It works as advertised ;-)
I made a Xmas Tree Train ( great big Oval namely ) and guest rode it, well, not a whole lot of them, but they did ride it...
Gonna set up a western town for it to pass by, just to get ridership up on it ;-)
I put down the Boat ride blueprint, holy heck I didn't think it'd be that big... Oh well, still lots of room left in my new adventure zone area of my park...
So that's good to know, yush ?

YES! My monorail is finally being used by my greedy and impatient guests! Thank you Frontier

+1 on Chairlift

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Holidays, Happy New Year....

So guests will ride the train, monorail, and boats round trip with just one station now? But when there are two or more stations will they always get off at the next station or are they able now to make a decision to stay on the train and return to their starting station?

So guests will ride the train, monorail, and boats round trip with just one station now? But when there are two or more stations will they always get off at the next station or are they able now to make a decision to stay on the train and return to their starting station?

Good question... I can test that on my Mega Park ( will pick a guest who's about to board the train at front of park, see what happens )

I think a chair lift would be a perfect addition to the game, especially a Von Roll type with large covered cabins that can seat several people. Maybe next year? Hint, hint. And make it both a transport and a tracked ride. I believe Six Flags Great Adventure, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, and California’s Great America still have them, and maybe the two Disney parks in CA and FL. Thank you for fixing the trains/monorails as well! That was a big issue for me especially with park recreations, as a lot of parks have train rides with just one station, they are used just as scenic rides as riders return to the station they boarded at and can’t be used as transportation to get somewhere else in the park. Both the trains at my local park now have just one station, a diesel train and a fake steam train replica, built in 1935 and 1993, in the 90’s both trains had two stations each, but in 2000 the diesel train’s second station was closed and the steam train’s second station was closed to shorten the layout to build a new inverted coaster which opened 2001. The park is on the workshop, mattypark made it, it’s called Dorney Park. I made some changes to my copy to make it more accurate, and added newer rides like the classic Ferris wheel which is an exact copy of the one at Dorney Park, which opened in 1989. It is a Chance wheel which is what the one in Planet Coaster is based on.

This would be awesome, I hope gondola's come to the game at some point. I get that it would be difficult but would still be great.

Top Bottom