IMPORTANT: Update 1.5 - Adventure Pack LIVE now!

I hate to say this, but i agree...

Again, the ride is beautifull and i don't want to be unthankfull but i really had the impression it could be used as a darkride as well, and the way it is right now we can't.
I really hope this will be changed and / or added.

I agree as well. It is nice to have the option as a boat transport ride, but it would be great if it did both that and as a dark ride.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Has the Adventure Pack been taken down? It's not on the DLC content to buy!!

You can find it from within Planet Coaster itself. Not sure why it does not show up on Steam DLC store.

Best DLC yet! But please make the boat rides an actually tracked ride so we can get a larger guest flow verses it being a transport ride.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I agree as well. It is nice to have the option as a boat transport ride, but it would be great if it did both that and as a dark ride.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

You can find it from within Planet Coaster itself. Not sure why it does not show up on Steam DLC store.

Frontier hasn't added the DLC to the Store yet. They are looking into adding it.

I have an idea, but it needs to be tested to see how it works. Build the boat ride with two stations, just about right next to each other. One will act as the load the second as the unload. So on the load station, connect the queue and exit paths as normal. on the second (unload station) set it up like normal, but don't connect the queue...so only guests can unload there and will not board for a short ride to the actual load station....or maybe even let some of them d that. Even if the stations are close, there is technically other attractions and shops by each of the stations...so maybe guests will board to move to those other stations. Maybe even don't have a path that connects easily to the two stations.

Also, I'm thinking that you need the second station to have an active queue for it to truly work...so maybe just block the queue with a path blocker to prevent guest from boarding the second station...thus it could only be used to unload?

Has anyone tried adding a gold treasure chest near the boat or along the route to make them get on it? Would that work as a temporary solution, maybe tv screens advertising might help?

Taimaru1

T
Ok, I'm confused. I bought the Adventure Pack on the Frontier Store and it doesn't show up in My Key Purchases or anywhere within Planet Coaster on Steam. If I select some scenery from the Adventure Pack it says I need to buy it.

Has anyone else bought it successfully through the Frontier store? Should I wait until Frontier have enabled something or raise a support ticket? Thanks.

I love the dlc, but the boat ride needs to be fixed.
I think the fastest way to fix the problem without much programing from their part is making 2 clones (one of each boat ride) and treat them as track rides isntead of transport (so, scenery rating, no option for two stations, etc...). Then you can choose between wanting a transport ride or a trackride.

Has anyone tried adding a gold treasure chest near the boat or along the route to make them get on it? Would that work as a temporary solution, maybe tv screens advertising might help?

Yes and it doesnt work, transport rides dont have theming rating.

I have an idea, but it needs to be tested to see how it works. Build the boat ride with two stations, just about right next to each other. One will act as the load the second as the unload. So on the load station, connect the queue and exit paths as normal. on the second (unload station) set it up like normal, but don't connect the queue...so only guests can unload there and will not board for a short ride to the actual load station....or maybe even let some of them d that. Even if the stations are close, there is technically other attractions and shops by each of the stations...so maybe guests will board to move to those other stations. Maybe even don't have a path that connects easily to the two stations.

Also, I'm thinking that you need the second station to have an active queue for it to truly work...so maybe just block the queue with a path blocker to prevent guest from boarding the second station...thus it could only be used to unload?

Doesnt work, guests are "smart" enought to know the usefulness of a station. They will only use it if they think using it and getting to the station is far enough that they dont want to walk.

Last edited:

My idea does kind of work. Not saying this should be changed to make it work more like a tracked ride, but this work around can be done until that time if it ever happens

the red circle is station 1
the dark blue circle is station 2
the yellow mark is the station 2 queue being blocked. this prevents guests from getting on the ride for a short trip back to station 1, but it could be opened to make it easier for guests to get back.
the green squiggly line is showing that the back side of the park is not connected by a path...
so the only way they can get there is to ride the boats...the light blue line. Dashed is the queue or paths and solid line is the ride.

because the station 2 is for all intents at the "end" of the track it appears to be more like a jungle cruise ride instead of a transport ride.
X4vkUC.jpg

Oh wow! Just been playing with the Adventure Pack for an hour or so (for a video uploading shortly...) and i must say it is incredible! I am blown away with how amazing it is! Some beautiful peices and it's so much bigger than I thought it would be!

Honestly guys, if you are on the fence whether to get it or not... just got for it! It's well worth it!

My idea does kind of work. Not saying this should be changed to make it work more like a tracked ride, but this work around can be done until that time if it ever happens

the red circle is station 1
the dark blue circle is station 2
the yellow mark is the station 2 queue being blocked. this prevents guests from getting on the ride for a short trip back to station 1, but it could be opened to make it easier for guests to get back.
the green squiggly line is showing that the back side of the park is not connected by a path...
so the only way they can get there is to ride the boats...the light blue line. Dashed is the queue or paths and solid line is the ride.

because the station 2 is for all intents at the "end" of the track it appears to be more like a jungle cruise ride instead of a transport ride.
http://imageshack.com/a/img922/1480/X4vkUC.jpg

And the people are going on? When i tried the guests seem really unintrested.

Last edited:
yes - they are going on. little by little. It was more popular when I added some scenery, so if it was fully dressed up it seems like it would work

Are both the boat rides acting solely as transport rides or just the one on the track meant to be in bodies of water? I feel like the one with it's own water channel should be the dark ride and the tracked one for lakes be the transport. Still stuck at work for another 45 minutes. [ugh]

Are both the boat rides acting solely as transport rides or just the one on the track meant to be in bodies of water? I feel like the one with it's own water channel should be the dark ride and the tracked one for lakes be the transport. Still stuck at work for another 45 minutes. [ugh]

Well. Espacially the Island Adventure is noted as combined ride. So i guess both should do that. But we will see what we will get in the end. I would like to have both.
Island Adventure would be perfect for waterless darkrides.

yes - they are going on. little by little. It was more popular when I added some scenery, so if it was fully dressed up it seems like it would work

Thank you. I will try it again and see what i have to change. But you have to disconnect the parkparts and that seems a bit not what has been intended to.
You are forcing them on in a way and this might lead people getting annoyed when they don't want to. "Booth xy is not connected to the park entrance" etc.

Last edited:
Correct, but with some creative pathing you can make it work...I think. This is by no means the end all solution...just a way to work around if needed

Top Bottom