Update 1.6.2 available now!

Tim Smith

Lead Community Manager
Hayo Zookeepers!

It's been a pretty incredible few weeks, it's so great to see you all enjoying the Africa Pack as well as Update 1.6, not to mention seeing entries for the forum competition coming in! We've been reading all your feedback and this update will address quite a few of the things you've brought up (shoutout to tag updates as well as some crash fixes!). As always, please keep sharing your feedback, creations, and generally carry on being amazing to chat with ❤️

Here are the patch notes for Update 1.6.2:

General Bug Fixes and Improvements

• Animals
    • Fixed an issue where animals were drifting during lethal fights
    • Fixed an issue where the female Sun Bear would not use the water pool
    • Fixed an issue with the Formosan Black Bear and Grizzly Bear where they were unable to navigate the habitat while climbing
    • Fixed an issue with jump height calculations, resolving occurrences where animals could escape over barriers above their height requirement
    • Fixed an issue where animals would get stuck in place after pouncing on some food enrichment
    • Fixed the tip of the African Penguin beak intersecting with the upper beak
    • Staff will hold onto boxed animals longer when transporting if the destination looks like it's failing, to try and regrab the destination
    • Meerkat holes are now interacted with correctly when the habitat they are located in is changed
    • Fixed stray geometry on the Southern White Rhino tail during defecation
    • Fixed food enrichment items recording the number of uses in the last 12 months
  • Scenery
    • Fixed tags on several items and blueprints:
      • Removed the Africa Pack tag from all variants of the African Oil Palm, Fever Tree, Drinn Grass and Nitraria Retusa Bush
      • Removed the King Penguin tag from the Curio Ball enrichment
      • Removed misleading flexicolour tag from North African Fence panels
      • Removed Wood material tag from Animal Trade Centre
      • Added missing flexicolour tags to:
        • Exhibit
        • ATM Sign
        • East Asia Decorative Parasol Paravents
        • East Asia Decorative Parasol Fan
        • East Asia Bridge Stone Walkable
        • Classic Windows
        • Classic Metal Chain
        • Classic Door Tops
        • Classic Door 01
        • African Windows
        • African Disc Bunting Rope
        • Arctic Picnic Canopy
        • Arctic Picnic Bench
        • Carbon Fiber Panels 4m x 2m
        • Carbon Fibre Curved Roofs
        • Aquatic Sculpture Otter Concrete 01, 02, 03 & Mirrored
        • Aquatic Faux Rock Tree Trunk
        • Aquatic Faux Rock Tree Branches
        • North African Door
        • North African Door Handle
        • North African Decorative Plaster Arch
      • Streamlined tagging setup for all blueprints of the following categories:
        • Shop Shells
        • Staff Facilities
        • Exhibits
    • Fixed the East Asia Wall Light 02 Lantern asset so it will now turn automatically and can also be manually turned on or off, also added flexicolour
    • Fixed the following light assets as being displayed as "Not Powered" on pre-made buildings in El Darar Bazaar timed scenario. This will also address the glowing windows from appearing as needing power/generators:
      • African Window 04
      • Indian Wall Light Bracket
  • Game Modes
    • Sandbox
      • Sandbox Options
        • Added an 'Enable staff fleeing' option to sandbox to prevent staff fleeing from dangerous escaped animals too
        • When toggling off 'Enable animal escapes' players will no longer get a notification for escapes, and animals will not enter the escaped state. Instead they will be boxed if they are without a habitat; or moved back to the gate if they are free to wander too far
        • Disabled notification alerts for overcrowding and fighting when those are toggled off, also stop guests commenting on animal temperature if that is toggled off
        • Re-enabled breakdowns option as it was missing from the sandbox settings
      • Added tooltip for final preset "Individual Zoo Settings" in sandbox settings
  • UI
    • Misc
      • Fixed an issue where in some cases clearing the species search would leave the species search box disabled
      • Fixed an issue where large numbers of "Joined a pack" notifications appeared when loading into a zoo
      • Fixed a typo in the US-English zoopedia description for the Sacred Scarab Beetles. Users of the imperial measurement system no longer need to be afraid of 80 foot long Scarab Beetles
      • Fixed an issue where switching tabs with a species search bar filled in would give inconsistent results switching back to the same tab
  • Stability
    • Fixed startup crash for extremely large well paved zoos
    • Fixed crash caused by animals trying to drink from a lake which had just been deleted
    • Fixed crash caused by an enrichment object spawner being deleted while it was in the process of resetting itself
    • Fixed crash caused by animals trying to start moving towards an animal talk simultaneously
    • Fixed crash caused by rapidly placing and deleting enrichment objects
    • Fixed crash caused by keepers trying to clean up a Meerkat hole which had just despawned
    • Fixed an infrequent audio crash in the billboards
    • Fixed a load crash for Vista Points that were assigned to habitats that were deleted
    • General Crash Fixes
  • Performance
    • General performance tweaks and optimisations

These sure are some need fixes. But am I overseeing the fix for this issue or is this not fixed yet?

Could we get a brief update on where on the priority list it is? :) Because currently we can not use the awesome pieces you guys provided us with the 1.6 update if we are dependent on guests actually SEEING the animals they were paying for.

Thanks a lot for fixing these Problems.
Are the Problems being looked into that the Chimpanzee Reward Statue can't be used without the Africa Pack and the Problem were the Price Adjustment when trying to sell a Animal closes itself really fast?

Just wondering if we should report to issue tracker about all feedback? I used it of course for bugs, but what if it isn't a big but more like a feedback? :) For example, unrealistic immediate fighting in the habitat when young matures. I get a notification about cassowary fighting due to overcrowding, and their young did not even mature properly yet. I do not think this is realistic..It happens with cassowary, jaguars, kangaroos, hyenas, and other territorial animals. Would like if we at least had like 5 minutes to take care of everything 😅

Just wondering if we should report to issue tracker about all feedback? I used it of course for bugs, but what if it isn't a big but more like a feedback? :) For example, unrealistic immediate fighting in the habitat when young matures. I get a notification about cassowary fighting due to overcrowding, and their young did not even mature properly yet. I do not think this is realistic..It happens with cassowary, jaguars, kangaroos, hyenas, and other territorial animals. Would like if we at least had like 5 minutes to take care of everything 😅
I hate it that instead of proper Fighting we got Animals magically getting injured without a Reason after some Update 😑

I hope you guys will be able to fix the Platform Floats enrichments soon, so our amazing new penguins (and other animals) will be able to use them again.:)
With me this problem only for the king penguin, the seals and the african penguin can just use them.

Tim Smith

Lead Community Manager
These sure are some need fixes. But am I overseeing the fix for this issue or is this not fixed yet?
Just spoke to the team, I don't have any kind of time frame for you but it is being looked into, its on the radar so to speak! :)
Great update! I will miss those 80 foot long beetles tho
You and me both! I pleaded a case to make the Scarab 80 foot instead but we went with adjusting the zoopedia entry typo, you win some you lose some? :D

Fixed a typo in the US-English zoopedia description for the Sacred Scarab Beetles. Users of the imperial measurement system no longer need to be afraid of 80 foot long Scarab Beetles
You and me both! I pleaded a case to make the Scarab 80 foot instead but we went with adjusting the zoopedia entry typo, you win some you lose some? :D
Guess I won't be able to conquer the world. Oh well

I always love patches and these were definitely needed :D . Still I always hope for especially two really annoying things to be fixed 😩:

-> bugged trade centre, cause it still marks all animals as from the zoo I'm currently playing or from the zoo recently played - which is always wrong and I can't see the proper origin of my animals.
-> instant injuries without fighting as TinnaAres and Urufu mentioned before.

...and speaking of the bugged trade centre: Putting up lions for trade and set a custom amount of CC you want for them really needs fingers moving at the speed of light. You can't set the CC as fast as the trading tab closes by itself...

So still no fix for the no donations with infinite guest stay on and animals swimming through barriers bugs? And the already mentioned problem with the climbing frames suddenly not being registered anymore... :confused:

Don't get me wrong I appreciate all the work and fixes but it's just really disappointing to see that major problems that have been around for months are still there with no end in sight.

Top Bottom