News Update 1.7 and Carnivore Dinosaur Pack out now!

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
Hi park owners!

We're happy to announce that free update 1.7 is live right now!

Release your creativity with the all new Capture Mode, complete with a whole range of features to make your screenshots look even more amazing, including; time slow down, UI toggle, free-form camera and more! We can't wait to see all of your creations over the coming weeks with this.
Coming out alongside the free update 1.7 is the Jurassic World Evolution: Carnivore Dinosaur Pack. With three brand new, ferocious carnivores: the Herrerasaurus, the Acrocanthosaurus and the Proceratosarus! These marvelous new species are certain to be a huge hit with your guests, and challenge your skills as a Jurassic World owner to cope with the chaos they may create!
The Carnivore Dinosaur Pack is available right now on the Steam, Xbox and PlayStation stores for $4.99 (£3.99/ €4,99 - prices vary depending on platform) and is completely optional to purchase.

Thank you for your continued support!

Take a look below at the full release notes, please note we are going straight to version 1.7.1:
Paid Content/Features

• Added new dinosaurs
    • Proceratosaurus
    • Herrerasaurus
    • Acrocanthosaurus
  • Added new dig sites for new dinosaurs
General Fixes & Tweaks
  • Added capture camera mode to pause menu
    • Freeform camera control
    • Option to hide the UI
    • Letterbox and various aspect ratio (to match the different films) added
    • Added time controls with a toggle between Paused/Slow/Normal
    • Added keyboard shortcut for entering/exiting Capture Mode (Shift+C)
    • Made the keyboard controls for Capture Mode rebindable
  • Various stability fixes
General Fixes & Tweaks

• Fixed issue with audio around capture mode
  • Proceratosaurus model physics fix
  • Frontend UI fixes
  • Various localization fixes

Hey! Thanks a lot for the pack and the continued support, all three carnis look awesome.

However, I think I'm waiting this time until the next update to get them. I'm sorry, and really regret this (that Herrerasaurus...), but I really need to know where the game is going before continuing to pay even more for it (just in case it's future turns out to be one I wouldn't endorse) and, so far, the only new content that really made a difference to me was the herding feature and that wasn't that great as it is, and communication and transparency aren't that great either.

So let's hope early summer comes quick enough! :)

New features sound great and best of all, this update seems to have fixed the CPU core crash issue I was having. Very pleased! That's my free time gone for a while! :D

Look forward to hearing about future updates.

Fine! New species. I would be glad to look at them. But, I am still worried about one question. After the game was released, we saw both Indomius and Indoraptor from films and new types of dinosaurs and new hybrids. This is very interesting content for the game makes me very happy. But will the poultry houses with flying dinosaurs such as Pterodactyl, Petenosaurus, Haopterus and others be added? Yes, and bosseyny with aquatic dinosaurs, as one of the heroines of the female Mazazavr, or other aquatic Ichthyosaur, Plesiosaurus, etc.
I hope that there will be such content in the game and increase the area of parks for recreation or add new islands for new assignments as in the storyline of the game. And not as in tests.
Thank you very much if you read!
Even if it will be paid content, I will certainly give money as for all the others DLC that I purchased. Thank you for making happy with the novelties. Money spent for all the content of the game and DLS were not wasted;)

Last edited:
Was hoping for some decorations or terrain tools. Camera mode are still definitely very welcome additions nonetheless.

A new dinosaur pack was pretty expected and these three carnivores are also very nice additions. Though I can't say that I'm a fan of the puppycanthrosaurus.

Hi park owners!

We're happy to announce that free update 1.7 is live right now!

Release your creativity with the all new Capture Mode, complete with a whole range of features to make your screenshots look even more amazing, including; time slow down, UI toggle, free-form camera and more! We can't wait to see all of your creations over the coming weeks with this.
Coming out alongside the free update 1.7 is the Jurassic World Evolution: Carnivore Dinosaur Pack. With three brand new, ferocious carnivores: the Herrerasaurus, the Acrocanthosaurus and the Proceratosarus! These marvelous new species are certain to be a huge hit with your guests, and challenge your skills as a Jurassic World owner to cope with the chaos they may create!
The Carnivore Dinosaur Pack is available right now on the Steam, Xbox and PlayStation stores for $4.99 (£3.99/ €4,99 - prices vary depending on platform) and is completely optional to purchase.

Thank you for your continued support!

Take a look below at the full release notes, please note we are going straight to version 1.7.1:
Paid Content/Features

• Added new dinosaurs
    • Proceratosaurus
    • Herrerasaurus
    • Acrocanthosaurus
  • Added new dig sites for new dinosaurs
General Fixes & Tweaks
  • Added capture camera mode to pause menu
    • Freeform camera control
    • Option to hide the UI
    • Letterbox and various aspect ratio (to match the different films) added
    • Added time controls with a toggle between Paused/Slow/Normal
    • Added keyboard shortcut for entering/exiting Capture Mode (Shift+C)
    • Made the keyboard controls for Capture Mode rebindable
  • Various stability fixes
General Fixes & Tweaks

• Fixed issue with audio around capture mode
  • Proceratosaurus model physics fix
  • Frontend UI fixes
  • Various localization fixes
With the addition of the Capture Mode. Was it thought of to tie in the photos taken by the Ranger Team into the Capture Mode?

Top Bottom