News Update 1.7 Coming 17 April!

then they wont breed first you need to have trees in every exhibit second tho if the comfort is not at 100 they will not breed so during storms wont breed, to much population in exhibit wont breed, not enough trees in exhibit wont breed. if there stats aren't up then they wont breed very simple
The major problem with this idea is that if you place too many trees then there’s not enough grassland for the dinosaurs, their comfort falls below 100% and they won’t breed. Considering how many of us like to integrate various dinosaurs for each enclosure, this would not be an enjoyable task.

Also to have 10 full grown dinosaurs suddenly appearing out of nowhere from a small clump of trees would still look absolutely ridiculous.

And why would the hybrids be sterile, when the main purpose of the Indoraptor in Fallen Kingdom was to breed with Blue?

then they wont breed first you need to have trees in every exhibit second tho if the comfort is not at 100 they will not breed so during storms wont breed, to much population in exhibit wont breed, not enough trees in exhibit wont breed. if there stats aren't up then they wont breed very simple

I like the idea I have to say.

Could it also include a predator (mortality) metric; eg. each brachiosaur lays ten eggs in a clutch but each clutch has a 75% chance of being dug up by rats or predators before they hatch. And for every hatchling there's an 80% chance of being eaten alive in the woods before it reaches maturity, maybe depending on how many predators there are in the exhibit. It might be tricky to do - and you might need to sell quite a few animals if you get the predator/prey balance wrong - but the game already knows how many of each species are in each exhibit, for social/population stress ... It's simulation alright, but a cool one I think. For what it's worth.

one question and if you dont have forest in the enclosure? XD
seriously guys I would also like to have breeding but in this way? sounds ridiculus
Ridiculous is your lack of respect for other people's opinions. Everyone here on the forum has the right to ask what you want to see in the game

And why would the hybrids be sterile, when the main purpose of the Indoraptor in Fallen Kingdom was to breed with Blue?

In nature, hybrids are sterile or, at least, one gender is usually sterile. And I don't think that was the main purpose of the Indoraptor tbh, they just wanted Blue to train him, since he was growing up alone, and not within a pack, so not able to learn properly and be tamed as the weapon it was intended to be. Dr. Wu even says something like "he needs a mother", but to relate to and learn, not to breed.

Anyway, I agree that this wouldn't be a good solution at all. I'd rather have true ontogeny, the way Prehistoric Kingdom is implementing it. So, while I would love to see it, and not less because it is canon and would add further complexity to the management aspect, this is certainly not the way to do it. And I don't think it's the time yet, either. Too many things need to still be implemented before that .(

Ridiculous is your lack of respect for other people's opinions. Everyone here on the forum has the right to ask what you want to see in the game
I don't think I have disrespected you, I just try to make you understand that seeing a group of new dinosaurs come out of nowhere already adults for me is something that ruins the immersion of the game. that's all

In nature, hybrids are sterile or, at least, one gender is usually sterile. And I don't think that was the main purpose of the Indoraptor tbh, they just wanted Blue to train him, since he was growing up alone, and not within a pack, so not able to learn properly and be tamed as the weapon it was intended to be. Dr. Wu even says something like "he needs a mother", but to relate to and learn, not to breed.

Anyway, I agree that this wouldn't be a good solution at all. I'd rather have true ontogeny, the way Prehistoric Kingdom is implementing it. So, while I would love to see it, and not less because it is canon and would add further complexity to the management aspect, this is certainly not the way to do it. And I don't think it's the time yet, either. Too many things need to still be implemented before that .(
But breeding with Blue was the main purpose for the Indoraptor in Fallen Kingdom, Dr. Wu talked to Eli Mills in great detail about this in Fallen Kingdom.

"All your money will have been wasted if I don't get Blue here in good health! To get the next iteration under control, it needs to form a familial bond with a closely related genetic link... Blue's DNA will be part of the next Indoraptor's makeup, so it will be genetically coded to recognize her authority and assume her traits! Empathy, obedience - everything the prototype you have now is missing!"

"Blue's DNA will be part of the next Indoraptor's makeup" and "genetically coded to recognise her authority and assume her traits", confirms that the plan was to have the (uncontrollable) Indoraptor prototype breed with Blue and thus create a trainable and more viable Indoraptor.

I don't think I have disrespected you, I just try to make you understand that seeing a group of new dinosaurs come out of nowhere already adults for me is something that ruins the immersion of the game. that's all
Ok, now I understand your position

But breeding with Blue was the main purpose for the Indoraptor in Fallen Kingdom, Dr. Wu talked to Eli Mills in great detail about this in Fallen Kingdom.

"All your money will have been wasted if I don't get Blue here in good health! To get the next iteration under control, it needs to form a familial bond with a closely related genetic link... Blue's DNA will be part of the next Indoraptor's makeup, so it will be genetically coded to recognize her authority and assume her traits! Empathy, obedience - everything the prototype you have now is missing!"

"Blue's DNA will be part of the next Indoraptor's makeup" and "genetically coded to recognise her authority and assume her traits", confirms that the plan was to have the (uncontrollable) Indoraptor prototype breed with Blue and thus create a trainable and more viable Indoraptor.

Actually no, it doesn't confirm that. I think what Wu meant was that Blue was a central piece for the "next iteration", that is, the next butch of clones he would produce of a further improved Indoraptor. He stated later that the beast was "just a prototype", so it had flaws. Yet, to improve it, he needed both his DNA and Blue's, but also Blue's socializing part as to make the new hatchlings, well, social. Owen's videos were recorded and studied in his lab, Wu knew he discovered how raptor pack dinamic worked, so he wanted an already "trained" and intelligent animal to provide both her DNA and her care to the next generation. That doesn't mean they were supposed to breed. That would have been impossible.

Actually no, it doesn't confirm that. I think what Wu meant was that Blue was a central piece for the "next iteration", that is, the next butch of clones he would produce of a further improved Indoraptor. He stated later that the beast was "just a prototype", so it had flaws. Yet, to improve it, he needed both his DNA and Blue's, but also Blue's socializing part as to make the new hatchlings, well, social. Owen's videos were recorded and studied in his lab, Wu knew he discovered how raptor pack dinamic worked, so he wanted an already "trained" and intelligent animal to provide both her DNA and her care to the next generation. That doesn't mean they were supposed to breed. That would have been impossible.

There was a small piece of dialogue from Wu and Mill's conversation that I failed to include in my earlier post:

Dr. Wu: All your money will have been wasted if I don't get Blue here in good health! To get the next iteration under control, it needs to form a familial bond with a closely related genetic link.

Eli Mills: English, Henry.

Dr. Henry Wu: It needs a MOTHER! Blue's DNA will be part of the next Indoraptor's makeup, so it will be genetically coded to recognize her authority and assume her traits! Empathy, obedience - everything the prototype you have now is missing!

Why else did Dr. Wu need Blue alive and in good health and not just blood samples? Why else was the Indoraptor male? Because the plan was to have Blue breed with the hybrid, because it was the most cost effective way of producing the next iteration of Indoraptor and the best way to provide her DNA and her care to the next generation, guaranteeing the new Indoraptors to take on her genetic traits.

And pardon me for saying this, but that last sentence of what you said, "it would have been impossible" for the Indoraptor to breed is utter rubbish.

So, you're perfectly fine with this franchise using a scientific method that's proven yield any surviving DNA, somehow finding and creating all of the world's most famous and marketable dinosaurs, pterosaurs and marine reptiles in the fossil record, using technology that's either that's not powerful enough for a project like JP/JW or doesn't even exist (holograms, Gyrospheres, semi-automatic multi-tranquilliser rifles and iTables), and the creation of hybrids with various abilities (visible and thermal camouflage, sense thermal radiation, high intelligence and night vision). So you're fine with all of that, but, when it comes to the notion of Dr. Wu designing and creating a hybrid that isn't sterile and able to breed with a closely related genetic link, you're seriously saying that is impossible? A hybrid that can breed is the ultimate deal breaker for you, seriously?

There was a small piece of dialogue from Wu and Mill's conversation that I failed to include in my earlier post:

Why else did Dr. Wu need Blue alive and in good health and not just blood samples? Why else was the Indoraptor male? Because the plan was to have Blue breed with the hybrid, because it was the most cost effective way of producing the next iteration of Indoraptor and the best way to provide her DNA and her care to the next generation, guaranteeing the new Indoraptors to take on her genetic traits.

And pardon me for saying this, but that last sentence of what you said, "it would have been impossible" for the Indoraptor to breed is utter rubbish.

So, you're perfectly fine with this franchise using a scientific method that's proven yield any surviving DNA, somehow finding and creating all of the world's most famous and marketable dinosaurs, pterosaurs and marine reptiles in the fossil record, using technology that's either that's not powerful enough for a project like JP/JW or doesn't even exist (holograms, Gyrospheres, semi-automatic multi-tranquilliser rifles and iTables), and the creation of hybrids with various abilities (visible and thermal camouflage, sense thermal radiation, high intelligence and night vision). So you're fine with all of that, but, when it comes to the notion of Dr. Wu designing and creating a hybrid that isn't sterile and able to breed with a closely related genetic link, you're seriously saying that is impossible? A hybrid that can breed is the ultimate deal breaker for you, seriously?

As I said, hybrids are sterile in nature. Maybe godzillas work in a different way. Either way, I still think what Wu meant was more in tune with Owen's research. You can't have a dog (example here, being the most tamed and trained for useful purposes animal on human history) nicely behaved and prone to obedience if he wasn't correctly socialized first. And that socializing begins with the puppie's mother.

Anyway, the dialogue alone won't explain it properly, so I think we can agree to disagree. I don't even care about this ;)

Last edited:
The major problem with this idea is that if you place too many trees then there’s not enough grassland for the dinosaurs, their comfort falls below 100% and they won’t breed. Considering how many of us like to integrate various dinosaurs for each enclosure, this would not be an enjoyable task.

Also to have 10 full grown dinosaurs suddenly appearing out of nowhere from a small clump of trees would still look absolutely ridiculous.

it would also be based on comfort as well as trees and grassland. so too many trees not enough grassland wont breed too much grassland and to little trees wont breed and also i was just using that number as a random number and for the last sentience people above my comment has already answered that also do not know who has said it early i would love breeding in this game but it needs more improvements and such before this also also the part where you said there comfort falls below 100% i would like to know you keep all those dinos together if their comfort is dropping with out escapes im not trying to be a smart*** but i would really like to know so i can complete some challenge modes using a method like the one you are describing. 👍👍👍

Top Bottom