News Update 1.7 Coming 17 April!

As much as i respect other people's opinions, i want nothing in return from them but to respect mine. I know you might be just frustrated right now, and so am i actually with that insulting comment. I would let this pass dear, but i think things such as this might be reported and get a ban even if it is meant as a joke, a bad one that is.
Well, I have never been a special fan of the jurassic Park franchise, my mind has always been directed into space.
And ... Yes, I bought elite dangerous at the beginning of 2016, and steam shows that my time in the game is about 3000 hours. Is it a lot or a little? Probably enough to say I love space and this game. And I bought jwe that year just to support FD, naively expecting planets with atmosphere and life or at least space legs, however, seeing how disgusting they are about updates to jwe, as well as the fact that the announcement of 4 seasons in ed will only at the end of 2020, I understand that unfortunately, what I expect will most likely never happen (despite what they say "we are working on it", I don’t believe in it).
Instead, fd seems to start fixing bugs soon called "small update". At least, in my opinion, this is exactly what goes

Well, I have never been a special fan of the jurassic Park franchise, my mind has always been directed into space.
And ... Yes, I bought elite dangerous at the beginning of 2016, and steam shows that my time in the game is about 3000 hours. Is it a lot or a little? Probably enough to say I love space and this game. And I bought jwe that year just to support FD, naively expecting planets with atmosphere and life or at least space legs, however, seeing how disgusting they are about updates to jwe, as well as the fact that the announcement of 4 seasons in ed will only at the end of 2020, I understand that unfortunately, what I expect will most likely never happen (despite what they say "we are working on it", I don’t believe in it).
Instead, fd seems to start fixing bugs soon called "small update". At least, in my opinion, this is exactly what goes
Your opinion is very much respected, just make sure in the future not to insult others please and don't let your anger on them. I am also not happy somehow with this update since i already have access to Ansel, but when i think about people who don't have it, it kind of seems a big deal for them since they always felt unfair for us to have those perfect pictures whilst they have to take normal jeep photos. Even if i have ansel, i am still interested on how this photo mode will work, specially the slow down time aspect which will solve the problem of sometimes catching the wrong moment with ansel just few seconds before or after the wanted image ( a dinosaur jumping/ lunging in the air... ). But just to be frank 4 months shouldn't be spent on one photomode, and i don't think they spent it on that, they already said we will have a huge update early summer, maybe that's what is taking time. I would be very pleased if they took a while to prepare for a much perfected version of the game, with proper behaviors/terrain tools , the only thing that would be bad is if we get a couple of extra dinos + some genes with no real management mechanics changes, but i hopefully don't believe that's the case.

[
Your opinion is very much respected, just make sure in the future not to insult others please and don't let your anger on them. I am also not happy somehow with this update since i already have access to Ansel, but when i think about people who don't have it, it kind of seems a big deal for them since they always felt unfair for us to have those perfect pictures whilst they have to take normal jeep photos. Even if i have ansel, i am still interested on how this photo mode will work, specially the slow down time aspect which will solve the problem of sometimes catching the wrong moment with ansel just few seconds before or after the wanted image ( a dinosaur jumping/ lunging in the air... ). But just to be frank 4 months shouldn't be spent on one photomode, and i don't think they spent it on that, they already said we will have a huge update early summer, maybe that's what is taking time. I would be very pleased if they took a while to prepare for a much perfected version of the game, with proper behaviors/terrain tools , the only thing that would be bad is if we get a couple of extra dinos + some genes with no real management mechanics changes, but i hopefully don't believe that's the case.
I understand you, and I have no purpose to offend you. However, you also understand me, that I express my negativity here, on this forum, I show my disorder to fd (we live with you in the free world, right?), This is an indication that somewhere inside me still smoldering a faint spark of hope that fd will stop fooling around and finally do something worthwhile, however, this spark fades out gradually.
When this happens, I will write on the forum, "you know, now, after all those years of waiting, I was convinced that frontier development is not capable of anything, except to disappoint my community over and over again, everyone, I’m not going to participate in this sad comedy "say goodbye to everyone and leave.

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone. Whilst we are looking forward to seeing all the great photos you'll be taking with Capture Mode don't forget that April is our small update and we've got some great things on the way this summer!
Make breeding without mating animation, do breeding, if you can add sleep animation for all dinosaurs, you can make dinosaur breeding, do this without juvenile models, just babies, they could grow up at once. No need to get 100% realistic, just bring dinosaur breeding to the game and the Frontier would make many players happy. This could be done in a new game mode, Site B Game Mode as in the movies

Last edited:
Thank you!

I can't wait to get my hands on this feature - but my wife can, lol. Oh the hours I'm going to kill 'playing with my dinosaurs.'

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone. Whilst we are looking forward to seeing all the great photos you'll be taking with Capture Mode don't forget that April is our small update and we've got some great things on the way this summer!

Hey Paul, I just thought of something: will we be able to use the camera mode to take photos of the whole map? I meam the different map-modes: buildings, animals, etc

Well done! You were right! :)
I love these surprise dlc packs! And this one has 3 of my most wanted carnivores in game!

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwYQQm4WRtA
Yeah i am kind of a psychic hahaha, just joking, but i am a crazy mathematician who is in love with dinosaurs, think of me as the real life version of Ian Malcolm. I somehow predicted such content, and love that it came out, but i am not 100% satisfied as i was wishing to get a JPOG looking Acrocanthosaurus, maybe i will have to wait and see the other skins.

Last edited:
Yeah i am kind of a psychic hahaha, just joking, but i am a crazy mathematician who is in love with dinosaurs, think of as the real life version of Ian Malcolm. I somehow predicted such content, and love that it come out, but i am not 100% satisfied as i was wishing to get a JPOG looking Acrocanthosaurus, maybe i will have to wait and see the other skins.
Yeah, I had a hunch too when you think of the time frame before the 1.7 update, the steam data base 2 dlcs and the super secret dinosaur leak not too long ago. I am genuinely loving these dinosaurs and can't wait to see what is patched in the 1.7 update. I do like these dinosaurs and I love the primitive looking herrerasaurus and proceratus, and I think the acrocanthosaurus looks cool, It looks heavy and more streamlined with its spine :D Tomorrow is a night away!

Are you serious Frontier?
Hey, dudes, if we are spending so much time taking photos, it's for getting occupied, coz there is literally nothing else to do in this game. doesn't mean that we need more about it!!!
i'm so disappointed, that if it would have been announced earlier this month i would have thought of a 1st of april prank... good job Frontier, you have definitely got what the community wants for the game!
We are getting a carnivore pack with Acrocanthosaurus, Herrerasaurus, and Proceratosaurus and the team are busy with the summer update which will most likely have terrain tools it will be a large update just be patient.

Make breeding without mating animation, do breeding, if you can add sleep animation for all dinosaurs, you can make dinosaur breeding, do this without juvenile models, just babies, they could grow up at once. No need to get 100% realistic, just bring dinosaur breeding to the game and the Frontier would make many players happy. This could be done in a new game mode, Site B Game Mode as in the movies
No offence Guilherme, but that sounds absolutely terrible.

First of all, there’s the issue that Frontier would need to make brand new models and animations for all 59 baby dinosaurs. This would take up a huge amount of computational power for the game, which could be used better elsewhere; e.g. New buildings, decorations, terrain tools, more maps to build on, and more dinosaurs etc.

Secondly, and most importantly, the very notion that baby dinosaurs would instantly become full grown adults after a couple of minutes would be utterly ridiculous if implemented in JWE, and would be so jarring and so distracting that it would take players out of the game's immersion immediately.

Also, if dinosaurs were made able to breed, it would wreck the in-game economy. The most expensive part of the game is the engineering and hatching of new dinosaurs from the Hammond Creation Lab. If breeding was to be implemented, then the Hammond Creation Lab is instantly made redundant. The players would essentially have a free H.C.L. in each enclosure automatically producing new dinosaurs, which they can either display in the park or transport them off the island, and make a lot of money either way.

First of all, there’s the issue that Frontier would need to make brand new models and animations for all 59 baby dinosaurs. This would take up a huge amount of computational power for the game, which could be used better elsewhere; e.g. New buildings, decorations, terrain tools, more maps to build on, and more dinosaurs etc.

Secondly, and most importantly, the very notion that baby dinosaurs would instantly become full grown adults after a couple of minutes would be utterly ridiculous if implemented in JWE, and would be so jarring and so distracting that it would take players out of the game's immersion immediately.

Also, if dinosaurs were made able to breed, it would wreck the in-game economy. The most expensive part of the game is the engineering and hatching of new dinosaurs from the Hammond Creation Lab. If breeding was to be implemented, then the Hammond Creation Lab is instantly made redundant. The players would essentially have a free H.C.L. in each enclosure automatically producing new dinosaurs, which they can either display in the park or transport them off the island, and make a lot of money either way.
I also understand you, but to introduce breeding would only be for a new game mode, Site B. Would be a great paid DLC that would please many players. Do you remember Isla Sorna? My intention is To recreate what we saw in the movies friend, oh come on, it's an audacious but good idea

Last edited:
I also understand you, but to introduce breeding would only be for a new game mode, Site B. Would be a great paid DLC that would please many players. Do you Remember Isla Sorna? My intention is To recreate what we saw in the movies friend, oh come on, it's an audacious but good idea
Even if this resolves the H.C.L. Economy issue, it still doesn’t change my two big problems.

There are still the enormous issues that Frontier would need to create several brand new models and animations for all 59 dinosaurs (and potentially more in the future) that would both take up a vast amount of computational power for both P.C. and Consoles, and would look beyond ridiculous in-game (e.g. A tiny Brachiosaurus baby becoming a huge adult, after a couple of minutes) for exclusively just one game mode.

Don’t get me wrong, I would like to see breeding in a Jurassic World park tycoon game, if it is done well. Unfortunately, this idea isn’t done well.

Even if this resolves the H.C.L. Economy issue, it still doesn’t change my two big problems.

There are still the enormous issues that Frontier would need to create several brand new models and animations for all 59 dinosaurs (and potentially more in the future) that would both take up a vast amount of computational power for both P.C. and Consoles, and would look beyond ridiculous in-game (e.g. A tiny Brachiosaurus baby becoming a huge adult, after a couple of minutes) for exclusively just one game mode.

Don’t get me wrong, I would like to see breeding in a Jurassic World park tycoon game, if it is done well. Unfortunately, this idea isn’t done well.
I would very much like to have dinosaur breeding in the game, but, well... At least we have the opportunity to have new dinosaurs in the game!

part one: first off we do not need to see any babies dinos or juvenile dinos because they will live in forest feed in forest with new behavior that parents will grab food food feeder and put it in forest we don't need new animations just wach them walk into forest and out again. and then like half an hour later like 1-10 new dinos come out of forest. this would have to be added maybe a research item if you hover over an exhibit in the god mode thing forgot the name if it it would give you a idea of how many baby dinos in exhibit reason for that will explained part two. so that fixes the first two paragraphs of your statement
part two: if they aren't breed in the hatchery they are more susceptible to disease, you do not know how many dinos are in the exhibit and how many come out at once which could throw off the hole exhibit for population. since not born in lab they are worth 8 times less then there hatchery counterparts. and do not have as many stars as the ones from hatchery. and hybrids cant breed
part three: i am sorry for slamming you with this to read but i am 100% behind them adding breeding to the game this way also please if you find a flaw in my version please help me fix it :):):):)

part one: first off we do not need to see any babies dinos or juvenile dinos because they will live in forest feed in forest with new behavior that parents will grab food food feeder and put it in forest
one question and if you dont have forest in the enclosure? XD
seriously guys I would also like to have breeding but in this way? sounds ridiculus

Then you ask why I distrust you. I criticize you and then a dino pack appears that gives me a smile. I knew that the "small" update was "small" and not small.

Good job.

The next carnivore must be Albertosaurus !! already plays a medium-sized tyrannosaur.

one question and if you dont have forest in the enclosure? XD
seriously guys I would also like to have breeding but in this way? sounds ridiculus
then they wont breed first you need to have trees in every exhibit second tho if the comfort is not at 100 they will not breed so during storms wont breed, to much population in exhibit wont breed, not enough trees in exhibit wont breed. if there stats aren't up then they wont breed very simple

Top Bottom