Update 1.7 - Vintage Pack LIVE now!

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
By the time we’ve all finished paying £7 here and £7 there for DLC, this game is going to have cost everyone around £200, DLC should be FREE!
I hope you are right!! Spending that much money on DLC's might mean we would get at least 15 more DLC packs! Where can i sign up? Can i pre-order please? [big grin]

In all seriousness, if your boss would give away everything for free he won't make any money. If he doesn't make any money, he can't pay you. Will you still come to work then? [wink]

What Vampiro said. I can't believe that you genuinely think for one second it shouldn't be charged for. How many packs have you purchased so far PCFan4Eva?

Now that we've got some vintage rides added to the game how about some modern flat rides? We also still don't have a steel wild mouse coaster and traditional carousel....I think the reason why we still havn't gotten a traditional carousel is because..since Frontier is based in the UK/ Europe the models they're using to design rides such as the carousel are of the European variant.

Dont preorder. Also, these support pieces are so good. Too bad I just finished completely custom supporting a coaster just before the DLC came out. [ugh][big grin]

I notice that the game is slower since the free update. Anyone the same problem? Also had my first crash ever. No furder complains, good job Frontier! Keep going!

I notice that the game is slower since the free update. Anyone the same problem? Also had my first crash ever. No furder complains, good job Frontier! Keep going!
Got a crash too, it's been a long time since.
I also have gliding staff member, they move but not their legs....and a bunch of new bug in fact.[yesnod]
Doesnt' make the game unplayable, but still, first time I see this in the game.

all three of them, the actual game cost me £30, then £7.99 3 times so altogether so far I've spent £53.97 on this game! And if I decide to buy the Vintage pack, I'll have spent £61.96 on this game

all three of them, the actual game cost me £30, then £7.99 3 times so altogether so far I've spent £53.97 on this game! And if I decide to buy the Vintage pack, I'll have spent £61.96 on this game
My personal opinion: I think this is still pretty fair when I compare it with some other games that are played through in about 10-20 hours. In PlanCo we can spend hundreds or thousands of hours. Famous cinema example. When I go into the cinema I will spend around 15 € and have fun for about 2 hours. For less I get that DLC. To me, it is a fair price. Yeah, it could be cheaper, but so could be cinema or other games [big grin]

I am seriously abusing my firefly privileges. Exactly the touch my fantasy forests needed.

I even made a unicorn to put in the middle of a bunch of them.

Vintage pack bought and loved.
Always happy to see the continued (love for and) attention to detail.
I'm kinda itchy for more vintage scenery though. The barbershop quartet is contagious and the organ is b-e-a-u-tiful.
Sure hope the entertainer makes it to the game eventually. Who would've thought that chubby fella would be so versatile.
Maybe next theme pack a female version ... ? Would love to see how you do thát.

On a side note: a bit sad that the reveal stream was shown on twitch, as twitch videos disappear after a while, right? Doesn't matter for most of the streams, but for those particular developer reveal streams I find it a bit of a shame. Those streams always show how much love Sam has for the game and it's interesting to hear what he's got to say about it. Which - I really want to add - I will always choose over some youtube streamers ! Please never take it so far that they get to stream first and developers streams become secondary or even permanently cancelled [shocked] [sad]
Can't imagine that happening, then again, I can.... so hey, I wrote it down juuuuust in case you were considering this here's my two cents already [happy]

It doesn't matter WHAT I say on this forum, there's always SOMEBODY who disagrees! This game is getting ridiculously expensive, and I'm not going to change my opinion because of a minority of rich folk!

I feel like this is the best DLC yet. Loving all of the Victorian touches, flats and especially the Flying Turns coaster style. BOY oh BOY are there a lot of glitches this time around though =)

By the time we’ve all finished paying £7 here and £7 there for DLC, this game is going to have cost everyone around £200, DLC should be FREE!
Yes and no. You buy the game, but not the future content. It´s up to developers to decide, whatever it will be free or not. It´s understandable to charge for DLC packs, but developers only do that, because people keep buiyng them. If you don´t like it, don´t buy it and don´t support the company with your money.

I don´t mind paying for a DLC as long as I know I will enjoy it and will be worth it. In case of PC, the game is not much enjoyable for me and I´m a bit sad that with the latest free update (and also paid DLC), they basically gave up completely on any gameplay changes/updates and QoL updates (except the scenery grouping), even though they are being requested since the alpha release. Majority of reviews pointed out that management is lacking and I saw a lot of people complaining about it, yet Frontier completely ignore this group, which is unfortunate.

And since people keep buying the DLCs, this trend will continue till the very end of PC lifetime. This kind of DLC will keep releasing as long as it is profitable, but game will not improve, or improve very slightly in any other way.

I see this Vintage DLC as the best one probably and worth the money actually. Just shame the base game could use some improvements. If it ever gets a proper treatment and improvements, this will be the first DLC I will invest my money into.

It doesn't matter WHAT I say on this forum, there's always SOMEBODY who disagrees! This game is getting ridiculously expensive, and I'm not going to change my opinion because of a minority of rich folk!

I understand that 8 pounds to some is more expensive than it is for others. We all have our own income and bills and circumstances etcetera. I get that.
However, this does not mean that I agree the dlc is too expensive, I really think they ask a fair price.

I've seen people giving good examples of putting this in perspective, like dividing your playtime, here's another example:
Take a look at what EA charges for their cheapest packs, which cost 1 euro less than Frontiers dlc's (=10.99 euros).
I took their vintage stuff pack as an example [wink] :
https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/store/mac-pc-download-addon-the-sims-4-vintage-glamour-stuff

Scroll down and count the items....... enough said already, but if you think about it further and take in account the difficulty to create the quality rides we get, or the work it takes to introduce new features like a crane machine for example .........
(they get a butler and a vanity table as features - honestly to me that pales in comparison and again: count the items...)

Maybe this shines a new light? Maybe not....
Your opinion is yours to have
A group of people = variation of opinions though. Nothing to do with rich folk [wink]

I didn't know I'm rich. I am not actually [mouth shut] Also, I explained my reasons why I think like I do. No reason to get aggressive!

Back to topic: I really like the new Flying Aces Bobsled coaster and hope we will get a steel one in future, too as I only rode steel versions in past. [big grin] And I, as many others, hope we will get a grand caroussel one day. I love the new Looping flatride because of the small shape it has. I would love to see more of those smaller flatrides in future.

Although I like having the generic flatrides I would be glad if we would get themed rides as well. This could be implemented in an own DLC. Some flatrides are difficult to build around with the scenery and buidling parts and tools we have so far. So I wouldn't mind themed rides like Roctopus, Whirly Rig etc. as far as we would ALSO get the generic versions.

I understand that modding is not a thing yet (officially) but would it be possible to at least get a tool with which people could make skins for the flatrides we have? Just thinking [big grin]

Last edited:
Top Bottom