IMPORTANT: Update 1.8 + World's Fair Pack Out Now!

I think for the first time with these DLC's, I'm actually considering a refund, I was really excited for the asian themeing (and it was my main reason for buying this pack) but the fact that I've just tried to re-create a building and to find there are no curved roofs (only the corner pieces are curved) thats really disappointing :/

Last edited:
I think for the first time with these DLC's, I'm actually considering a refund, I was really excited for the asian themeing (and it was my main reason for buying this pack) but the fact that I've just tried to re-create a building and to find there are no curved roofs (only the corner pieces are curved) thats really disappointing :/

I'm shocked that there's not a single tree or bush for the asian theme.

What building are you trying to re-create? I just had a pretty deep look through google images and it seems to me that for the most part the roof pieces are straight, corners curved.

I'm shocked that there's not a single tree or bush for the asian theme.

I'm shocked that there's a curved roof in the default/modern planet coaster theme, but none in the asian themeing :/ and when it comes down to japanese stuff in the scenery pieces, there are just 3. Seriously, I was excited to use asian themeing and thought this pack would be a bit bigger, especially when the TMTK is coming out later~ but after being all excited and "Wooo, Asian themeing FINALLY" I'm now like "Oh... asian themeing...[bored]"

What building are you trying to re-create? I just had a pretty deep look through google images and it seems to me that for the most part the roof pieces are straight, corners curved.
Hikone-Japan-at-Hikone-Casle-in-the-spring-season.jpg

The bottom roof going from the far left to right, it curves backwards and then I guess curves in the opposite in the back of the building~

Edit: Basically this shape
MEmQYpv.jpg

I wish they just focused on 6 locations instead of 10, I think they could have made these themes more fleshed out and full. Some of them feel very incomplete.

Guys, yes some of the countries could have been fleshed out a little, I agree. But when you look at everything together and see how useful alot of the stuff is, the value really speaks for itself. And for me the new People Mover ride is well worth the £8 alone! That thing is amazing.

I think the devs and everyone involved should be really proud of this pack. Yes a few things you could say are missing, but for £8 it's still a hell of alot of stuff which you can tell has had so much time and effort put into each piece.

Another example is the Venetian Boat, that thing is beautiful! [happy]

I'm really happy with this pack!

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Im still amazed by the amount of new shops :D That had been on my wishlist for quite some time. And they really went all out with 10 new shops and vending machines.

I wonder a bit about the picknick tables. I notice indeed that guests sit down more often, but i would love to know a bit more about the mechanics behind this. Like is there a logic which guests want to sit?But regardless of how it works, i think it's a great improvement!

And still, the doors .. [big grin] Im so happy with those! It's such a small thing but it can make buildings look so much nicer!

Great pack! But I have to agree some more walls and roofs would be nice.

I'm considering the DLC's now more as a base starter kit for anyone willing to expand those with new items that could fill the gaps. I hope gridded pieces are a thing in the Thememaker Toolkit.

So I've just purchased and had a fiddle with all the new items. Overall I am very happy with the updates (both paid and free). I definitely need to work on the Asian style roofing because I'm truly dreadful at it.

It does however confirm my initial concerns that it is quite a shallow DLC when looked at on an individual basis (in terms of comparison to other DLCs and the individual countries). I absolutely love the English style building however the use of glass windows on all the pieces means I am either forced to design interiors, bodge another wall type into it or accept empty bland rooms. I just wish that all the different building styles were fully fleshed out. Some can be turned around and the reverse used to fix this problem. Also the new stucco window with shutters overlays almost perfectly on to the English windows which will avoid the issues I have.

Restaurants also appear insanely popular but do require attention quickly. They quickly became dirty and you need a number of franchises on the go. I'm loving the different food options compared to the stalls though. They may need some rebalancing as adding a perk increase the prestige rating by two stars, which seems a little out of balance when I was only offering free salt and pepper.

Still, I don't regret the purchase and I'll definitely make use of the majority of new items. Building a quick French style restaurant (selling crepes and fries) with a coffee shop stall and a see through interior (using the English windows, some wood decor and the Munster's seats) took only a matter minutes and looked extremely nice and effective.

[up][up][up]

There is no change to coasters that used to have laps like Viper One or coasters that were using Block Sections already
A little disappointed to hear; but honestly, I didn't expect it to change. Well, at least I didn't expect a change for the Viper One. The Power Up, though, that's the one I thought would change. It's still awkward to have the LSM's on it, but not being able to use Block Sections for the launched version of the Power Up. Hopefully this will change later on.

At the same time, the new Smooth Turn and Smooth Height options are a welcomed and appreciated addition. However, they are way too weak in their "smoothing" power, that you could spam the button a lot of times and barely notice any difference. Honestly, I'm slightly convinced that the smooth height button isn't working at all.

As for Watchdog, could we get an option to have it crash our game without it prompting us to do so? I've already run into a freeze that was so bad, that once Watchdog activated, I couldn't even get to the prompt window to force my game to crash. (I crashed while editing a coaster; at the specific moment I was trying to use the rotate segment tool)

Not a fan of the prefab wall pieces with doors, windows, beams and adorned details built in. This bad habit started with the shopping windows in Studios and the latest DLC is going overboard with them. The art direction is shifting toward a casual Playmobil set rather than the the modular Lego it used to be compared with :(

Last edited:
Love the update, also the new world's fair pack.
only one thing now, we need more drinks types since we have so many food types.

Might I suggest English Tea and Hot Chocolate?

Thanks for keeping Planco alive. [happy]

Love the pack,not disappointed at all[wink]. Exactly the stuff included i needed for my new world's fair/disney park "Kingdom of Nations" which combines countries with disney and dreamworks films[big grin]. First video coming on Thursday and another one on Friday here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClZQhnYcXoGSJmF2S0W1CPQ?view_as=subscriber. Also stay tuned for my Fata Morgana Recreation coming back on Saturday with the new awesome arabian pieces[happy][haha][haha][haha].

I've bought the new pack and can't wait to get stuck in later when I get chance to play.
Thanks for all the hard work, Frontier. And the new update looks fantastic. Loads of great tweaks and improvements as well as some brilliant new additions. Loads of new toys to play with. [big grin]

A little disappointed to hear; but honestly, I didn't expect it to change. Well, at least I didn't expect a change for the Viper One. The Power Up, though, that's the one I thought would change. It's still awkward to have the LSM's on it, but not being able to use Block Sections for the launched version of the Power Up. Hopefully this will change later on.

The lapping thing has become super weird, a textbook example of misunderstanding between the community, development and public relations. As soon as announced, the community kinda expected to use the limited Power Up coaster as a regular, block sectioned coaster. When asked about it (during an chat with the Schematics guys) Bo was unable to confirm this but we kept high hopes. And in the end, the developers ended up not touching the existing lapping rides at all; So now we are stuck with an Inverted Impulse that can lap between 2-10 times, an X-Car that that can lap 1-7 times and the rest that can optionally lap, but only for a maximum of three times. Who needs consistency right?
Meanwhile, PR though it was a good idea to advertise the new feature as "perfect for shuttle coasters!" when it obviously can't even be applied to boomerangs? And the only new coaster in this DLC? Well, it cannot lap at all because "these are not intended to have the lapping option" according to the QA guy.

Errr, wut? [squeeeeee]

Top Bottom