IMPORTANT: Update 1.8 + World's Fair Pack Out Now!

Meanwhile, PR though it was a good idea to advertise the new feature as "perfect for shuttle coasters!" when it obviously can't even be applied to boomerangs? And the only new coaster in this DLC? Well, it cannot lap at all because "these are not intended to have the lapping option" according to the QA guy.

I don't remember them advertising it as "perfect for shuttle coasters". Even if that were the case, it wouldn't just be the boomerangs, but also the Torque (which should have a shuttle/multi-launch through station mode) and possibly the Barghest (While Eurofighters can't, their siblings, the Infinity coaster can have a multi-pass through station function)

As for the Jixxer/Interceptor, I can kinda see why, but at the same time, having a lap mode would have made more sense if it had a LSM launch or a chainlift in addition to the hydraulic launch. So I'm kinda fine with the limited modes.

Not a fan of the prefab wall pieces with doors, windows, beams and adorned details built in. This bad habit started with the shopping windows in Studios and the latest DLC is going overboard with them. The art direction is shifting toward a casual Playmobil set rather than the the modular Lego it used to be compared with :(

I actually think they hit a sweet spot in that regard. I know there are some heavy users out there and some great YouTubers that probably prefer having every little decor hacked up as a little single piece to get more use out of it. But mediocre gamers like me with little time and less creativity (but passion ;) ) like to have some things put together as one piece to immediately get a sense of the theme (wall + heavy wall decor as one themed piece f.ex.). And i think they hit the sweet spot here. There are so many well done scenery/ building pieces that encompass what would otherwise have been 15-20 pieces in one (also GREAT for CPU load). And there are still many uses for most of those pieces.

So I didn't get a refund (yay) and tried building some stuff, curious... since its something thats been said since Planco's release, why are there still no half walls in game? I just tried 3 times to make a coaster station and gave up all 3 times due to the size of walls being too long.

I thought they were already? LadyDS video preview has them mostly on there in the lower part of the list?
That's odd, I've had plenty of time to look through the menus as I've been building a couple of restaurants today but I'll have to have a nose around.

EDIT: Just saw DeLadySigner's video and they're there alright! They definitely weren't there for me.

Last edited:
So I didn't get a refund (yay) and tried building some stuff, curious... since its something thats been said since Planco's release, why are there still no half walls in game? I just tried 3 times to make a coaster station and gave up all 3 times due to the size of walls being too long.

I don't see how you're having an issue? All the stations are based off a 4 meter grid, and all the walls are 4 meters long. Unless you're talking about the front part of the stations, where there are specific pieces called "Station surround"; they are wall with holes punched out of them for the track to go through.

I don't see how you're having an issue? All the stations are based off a 4 meter grid, and all the walls are 4 meters long. Unless you're talking about the front part of the stations, where there are specific pieces called "Station surround"; they are wall with holes punched out of them for the track to go through.
Nah, I'm talking about how I'm unable to cover these gaps, and how half walls have been requested for more than 2 years now.

44121648_195119108051747_6078597102982660096_n.png

Nah, I'm talking about how I'm unable to cover these gaps, and how half walls have been requested for more than 2 years now.]

Half Walls have been requested for a long time, however, in your situation, you'd still be able to close that gap with the station surround pieces. Although, you might get a bit of Z-fighting with the textures. If that doesn't work, you can always try using the back side of the rectangular castle windows.

Half Walls have been requested for a long time, however, in your situation, you'd still be able to close that gap with the station surround pieces. Although, you might get a bit of Z-fighting with the textures. If that doesn't work, you can always try using the back side of the rectangular castle windows.

What station surround pieces are you talking about? if you mean the chunk of wall that looks like a quarter was taken out of the bottom, the asian building pieces don't have one of them, it also doesn't have the outer station pieces to place around the track.

also, you can extrend the side walls out a bit larger than the platform floor and place a building floor to fill it in. this way you can fit a full wall piece on the station end of platform. this is strick I use often and there are no rules that you have to build the exact size of the platform

My new favorite DLC. Frontier you did it again another great DLC and the free update is great too. Everyone at Frontier are awesome. Keep up the great work. My favorite restaurant in the new Worlds Fair is the 50's Drive-In. Great detail on that. Like Fisherman said the new music selection with the new update are amazing.

also, you can extrend the side walls out a bit larger than the platform floor and place a building floor to fill it in. this way you can fit a full wall piece on the station end of platform. this is strick I use often and there are no rules that you have to build the exact size of the platform

Or, perhaps if they had added half walls like people have been asking for since Alpha in 2016, then I wouldn't have a problem ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So far, what's available looks quite nice. Like I said in the other thread, I would have liked to see more African and other non-European countries represented. My top picks would be Egypt, Mali, and maybe India or Cambodia.

So far, what's available looks quite nice. Like I said in the other thread, I would have liked to see more African and other non-European countries represented. My top picks would be Egypt, Mali, and maybe India or Cambodia.
Considering we have egyptian stuff as part of the adventure pack (thats way more content than the 3 japanese scenery pieces) I don't think Egypt will ever happen, though the theme maker tool kit will come by soon and I'm sure people will put their own stuff out a lot faster :) so maybe they'll make some nice egyptian stuff :D

India would be cool, Buddha's and temples etc

Hi coaster friends!

• Lapping Coaster mode - perfect for shuttle coasters
  • Changed and consolidated the Operations panel for coasters to include up to 3 modes - standard, lapping and block section
  • Lapping mode fixes the track to one train with a number of cars. The number of laps defines how many times the train can go through the station forwards or reverse
  • Standard mode works as it always has for most coasters with adjustable numbers of cars and trains
  • Block Sectioned mode works as it used to with the number of trains available based on the stations and block sections on the track
  • There is no change to coasters that used to have laps like Viper One or coasters that were using Block Sections already

Thank you, Frontier, for the absolutely stunning (and must be award-winning) development of such a great game!! I love and appreciate every minute of effort that goes into making this game great!

I must say I was excited when I saw a lapping mode being added, but immediately saddened [sad] when I saw that Viper One and other coasters like Power-Up wouldn't benefit from having "only 1 lap" with this new feature. I saw in another thread and from other posts that fellow PC lovers are also appreciative, yet saddened by the omission.

Please consider letting us change these beautiful creations to support "only 1 lap" [yesnod]. As Bo, and every single one of the wonderful Frontier team knows, it's the little things (and more flat rides, adjustable S&S inspired drop towers) that many of us appreciate in addition to the hard work going into this game! We know this game is a lot of work, but please don't give up on these suggestions. I continue to support and even had several coworkers and family purchase the game (and a few DLC's lol).

Top Bottom