Update 1 and Early Cretaceous Pack coming 9 December to Jurassic World Evolution 2

You want a nice sandbox experience where you can just do everything, as do many others.
A great deal of other people simply wanted to be able to play the game freely, without the bull Challenge, Campaign and Chaos mode restrictions but with progression.

Neither of us got what we wanted from this game.

Frontier has somehow concluded that Sandbox players should have to play modes they do not enjoy in order to be able to play Sandbox. Not just once or twice, the forcing is already bad enough, but the scale to which it is done. How they did not think this would frustrate their audience, I do not know. The entire reason Youtubers like ES and BiS decried JWE's Challenge is because they are Sandbox Players and were forced through repeated lengthy tedious replays of Challenge, as they wanted the unlocks. This frustrated Sandbox players already and it was voiced. Somehow in this sequel, that lesson was not learned but the mistake was doubled down on and to boot, Challenge, the game mode that people who actually wanted to play the game had, was then throttled by even greater limitations and no alternative was provided.

Why are you making so many mechanics like the staff management, expeditions, incubations, research etc, if the only game mode that lets you build freely simply doesnt have even the option of utilizing them? These are central mechanics to your game, it is the INTENDED experience to use them and instead you have tied them only to fleeting, constraining game modes that most people either do not want to play or will play once for the unlocks or curiosity and never play again. There will be those precious folks who try to squeeze water from a stone by replaying these heavily constraining modes, but that effort is futile. The entire point of this game should have been to build your dream park, and since it's a game, usually that entails going through progression and some difficulty along the way as well. Instead we have species limitations, time constraints, era limitations, small maps, objectives, unlock requirements and for the one mode that allows you to build freely, absolutely 0 progression, with no alternative such as Challenge was. Why are all these roadblocks put in front of people who just want to have fun with the game?

I do not want to bash Frontier, they are good people, they put effort into supporting their games, but why is it that they have to keep launching them in this state? This is just bad bussiness.

I have not written a negative Steam review for this game because I actually believe in Frontier being able to fix this. Please prove me right. Not because my opinion matters, but because I want to be right about you guys.

If you are playing on PC just get a save file that has everything unlocked. I have one but haven't used it yet. I am actually going through the Chaos Theory modes and playing them to unlock everything. I will do the same with challenge mode to unlock all the maps and other dinosaurs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh, I'm ok with them not being back. Not like we could use them anyway.
The binoculars greatly increased the visibility range of each individual car on the tour making safaris with big open spaces much more viable without needing to zigzag to cover all the area with the default sight circumference.

Another thing that I just remembered because I'm playing the campaign again. It's annoying that as soon as we finish the final mission in an area we are taken out of there and moved to the next location without any warning. It would be nice to be able to stay and hang out in the current spot if we wanted, or introduce a travel option from the management menu like in the first game so we can go back to facilities we've already been. Also it's pretty lame that once you move on to the next facility, NONE of your research carries over, but all the training your scientists have gained as well as their increased salary (which really messed me up a few time starting in a new spot) does. It should be all, or nothing in this case. Because as it is, it feels like you purposefully decided to only carry over the stuff that makes the game harder from spot to spot.

That's what night vision was in rhe movie
Well in real life (and in the movie) night vision actually makes things easier to see in the dark. In JWE that didn't happen; night vision in the game did not make the animals easier to see at all, it was basically just a green filter.

The binoculars greatly increased the visibility range of each individual car on the tour making safaris with big open spaces much more viable without needing to zigzag to cover all the area with the default sight circumference.

Another thing that I just remembered because I'm playing the campaign again. It's annoying that as soon as we finish the final mission in an area we are taken out of there and moved to the next location without any warning. It would be nice to be able to stay and hang out in the current spot if we wanted, or introduce a travel option from the management menu like in the first game so we can go back to facilities we've already been. Also it's pretty lame that once you move on to the next facility, NONE of your research carries over, but all the training your scientists have gained as well as their increased salary (which really messed me up a few time starting in a new spot) does. It should be all, or nothing in this case. Because as it is, it feels like you purposefully decided to only carry over the stuff that makes the game harder from spot to spot.
Ok, that's a fair point. I still think we should get actually use them ourselves though.

Introduction
First time posting here so If anything comes off harsh or wrong let me know, but this is a post about the First Ever Update for JW Evolution 2! But let me introduce myself, or the bare minimum. My Name is Not Gabe (Or is it?) And I Have a strong passion for this game. I Love the effort they put into this game and it doesn't feel like the 1st Game but repackaged, unlike what some people would say. This post will look over the brand new update for the game and my thoughts on it.

DFW/JP Building Sets
Now for our first topic we will see the DFW and the JP Building Sets. The Department of Fish and Wildlife Building Set (Jeez long name!) Has been added to sandbox and even though I Have a mod that already gives the the buildings Before the update, some new ones have been added to! Now obviously they have that "Bare Bones" Aesthetic, and I Kinda wish they had more in store, but hey its ok.

The JP Lagoon and Aviary are good to, with the Aviary kinda being the DFW Aviary but without the Yellow Tipped Bars on its sides. Still I Like what I See. Overall I'm exited to use the Complete DFW Building Set and are curious to see the JP Aviary & Lagoon as well. Very much needed update to the game.
1638587405181.png

Campaign Sandbox Levels

ITS HERE!!! Finally I can use the campaign maps in sandbox, and BOY Am I Exited! Arizona is a great desert map with some nice flat terrain. Washington State is very steep and mountainous but that wont stop me from building a Nature Reserve with the new items I Have. Pennsylvania could be great but I Think we just need more space, as it feels very cramped and tiny. then we get to my 2 Most Favorite Maps... Yosemite Valley and the Forests of Oregon.

Yosemite valley has some great views and an interesting shape with Lots of Land to use, but Oregon is my main focus, as it is more Flat and has a Great Enclosed Area by Mountain Ridges, with a big 'ol River as well. Its also special as its where you used the DFW Aviary for your First and, for now at least Unmodded, Only Time ever. Just wish it had some more space to, because ALOT Of the space isn't used but is just... There. Overall a Much Wanted, and Much Needed update, Could not be happier.

Flattened Sandbox Levels
All park builders dreams, and my simple and short glance at Flattened Sandbox Levels. I Think this is a nice addition and could make park building better, But I Prefer using the environment that was premade or being able to see your park push past the forests and expand into a flowering zoo! Still this update could prove useful and I May use it.

1638587415903.png

Rock Perch Points

"Speaking of flying reptiles: they can now perch on rocks placed inside an Aviary, letting you and your guests appreciate their majesty when they rest between flights." Glad this is here, Thanks Guys. Aviary's just got a Little More Cool.

Balance Changes & Other Things.
I Think the balance changes where much needed, but sadly pack hunting still isn't limited to Well Known Pack Hunters, according to lore and pop culture. I Feel like only Velociraptor, Deinonychus, and Maybe Troodon if you think so should be the only pack hunters. The rest will nip at their preys legs but not be to deadly. At most a Minor Wound would form and need treatment.

The new JP III Pteranodons are nice but I still feel like where missing something, that being The Lost World Jurassic Park Pteranodons, who had a distinct Beakless Bill, and a Blue Head and Narrow, Long Neck. At the very least the JP III Pteranodons will be added though, so thats a good thing.

As for things I Wish could be added to the game, All Plants and Terrain Paints in Sandbox, with the ability to Merge Rocks together, and sand + Dirt, Dirt + Rock, and Rock + Sand not having distinct grass lines in-between them. Seriously it forced me to remake my Carnotaurus Paddock. Speaking of merging things, Allow us to merge say, a Cycad with some Ground Leaf? And while were at it with Vegetation on our minds, what about Placable Trees? Kinda miss those.

Summary

The update Seems to add alot of things that I've wanted and I Hope it will only get better from here. Thank you frontier, for listening to us and helping us out. Now, where did that Dimorphodon go? One of them always has to travel across the map to some obscure area.

By: MyNameIsNOTGabe

So you've Readed this far, Well the Dimorphodon Part isn't a joke at all! I've had some travel across the upper level of Northwest USA (Or British Columbia) And chill out in the Middle Section. I Even recorded something and I Saw that the Dimorphodon had flown from the 3rd part of NW USA to the little bridges in-between the 1st & 2nd Areas. Yeah they can fly pretty far for their stamina.

If you are playing on PC just get a save file that has everything unlocked. I have one but haven't used it yet. I am actually going through the Chaos Theory modes and playing them to unlock everything. I will do the same with challenge mode to unlock all the maps and other dinosaurs.
I'm not a sandbox player and sure theres a fix, it doesnt mean that Frontier have understood what the problem with their methodology is.

I was reading the main article again and something stuck out at me. It specifically says the DFW buildings are coming to sandbox. But..... is it JUST the buildings? Or are we going to properly get the DFW staff and vehicle skins added as well?

Also I think there should be another option to have EVERY kind of person mixed in. Guests, JP staff, JW staff, DFW staff, and DPG staff. I mean at least on PC we can totally mix up the buildings so why not the guests too?

Also I think there should be another option to have EVERY kind of person mixed in. Guests, JP staff, JW staff, DFW staff, and DPG staff. I mean at least on PC we can totally mix up the buildings so why not the guests too?
Would be nice if the guests showed up at all for that xD

Like there are exactly 0 guests in my sandbox park even though it's open, has dinos and all amenities are fully. They just aren't rendered for some reason, meaning all the paths stay empty.

So will the new dinos, buildings etc., be available immediately for sandbox for existingsave files? I've got a nice park I've been working on and would only need to replace the aviaries and lagoons with the JP versions, would really like to not have to rebuild it.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
I really don't think that Frontier's official forum is the sort of place you should be discussing where to download completed save files for the game! Or any other things that are not officially supported by Frontier.

So let's stop that please.

So will the new dinos, buildings etc., be available immediately for sandbox for existingsave files? I've got a nice park I've been working on and would only need to replace the aviaries and lagoons with the JP versions, would really like to not have to rebuild it.
Alas, some occurrences are inevitable.

I was reading the main article again and something stuck out at me. It specifically says the DFW buildings are coming to sandbox. But..... is it JUST the buildings? Or are we going to properly get the DFW staff and vehicle skins added as well?

It's going to be its own era, so I would assume so.

Introduction
First time posting here so If anything comes off harsh or wrong let me know, but this is a post about the First Ever Update for JW Evolution 2! But let me introduce myself, or the bare minimum. My Name is Not Gabe (Or is it?) And I Have a strong passion for this game. I Love the effort they put into this game and it doesn't feel like the 1st Game but repackaged, unlike what some people would say. This post will look over the brand new update for the game and my thoughts on it.

DFW/JP Building Sets
Now for our first topic we will see the DFW and the JP Building Sets. The Department of Fish and Wildlife Building Set (Jeez long name!) Has been added to sandbox and even though I Have a mod that already gives the the buildings Before the update, some new ones have been added to! Now obviously they have that "Bare Bones" Aesthetic, and I Kinda wish they had more in store, but hey its ok.

The JP Lagoon and Aviary are good to, with the Aviary kinda being the DFW Aviary but without the Yellow Tipped Bars on its sides. Still I Like what I See. Overall I'm exited to use the Complete DFW Building Set and are curious to see the JP Aviary & Lagoon as well. Very much needed update to the game.
View attachment 278485

Campaign Sandbox Levels

ITS HERE!!! Finally I can use the campaign maps in sandbox, and BOY Am I Exited! Arizona is a great desert map with some nice flat terrain. Washington State is very steep and mountainous but that wont stop me from building a Nature Reserve with the new items I Have. Pennsylvania could be great but I Think we just need more space, as it feels very cramped and tiny. then we get to my 2 Most Favorite Maps... Yosemite Valley and the Forests of Oregon.

Yosemite valley has some great views and an interesting shape with Lots of Land to use, but Oregon is my main focus, as it is more Flat and has a Great Enclosed Area by Mountain Ridges, with a big 'ol River as well. Its also special as its where you used the DFW Aviary for your First and, for now at least Unmodded, Only Time ever. Just wish it had some more space to, because ALOT Of the space isn't used but is just... There. Overall a Much Wanted, and Much Needed update, Could not be happier.

Flattened Sandbox Levels
All park builders dreams, and my simple and short glance at Flattened Sandbox Levels. I Think this is a nice addition and could make park building better, But I Prefer using the environment that was premade or being able to see your park push past the forests and expand into a flowering zoo! Still this update could prove useful and I May use it.

View attachment 278486
Rock Perch Points

"Speaking of flying reptiles: they can now perch on rocks placed inside an Aviary, letting you and your guests appreciate their majesty when they rest between flights." Glad this is here, Thanks Guys. Aviary's just got a Little More Cool.

Balance Changes & Other Things.
I Think the balance changes where much needed, but sadly pack hunting still isn't limited to Well Known Pack Hunters, according to lore and pop culture. I Feel like only Velociraptor, Deinonychus, and Maybe Troodon if you think so should be the only pack hunters. The rest will nip at their preys legs but not be to deadly. At most a Minor Wound would form and need treatment.

The new JP III Pteranodons are nice but I still feel like where missing something, that being The Lost World Jurassic Park Pteranodons, who had a distinct Beakless Bill, and a Blue Head and Narrow, Long Neck. At the very least the JP III Pteranodons will be added though, so thats a good thing.

As for things I Wish could be added to the game, All Plants and Terrain Paints in Sandbox, with the ability to Merge Rocks together, and sand + Dirt, Dirt + Rock, and Rock + Sand not having distinct grass lines in-between them. Seriously it forced me to remake my Carnotaurus Paddock. Speaking of merging things, Allow us to merge say, a Cycad with some Ground Leaf? And while were at it with Vegetation on our minds, what about Placable Trees? Kinda miss those.

Summary

The update Seems to add alot of things that I've wanted and I Hope it will only get better from here. Thank you frontier, for listening to us and helping us out. Now, where did that Dimorphodon go? One of them always has to travel across the map to some obscure area.

By: MyNameIsNOTGabe

So you've Readed this far, Well the Dimorphodon Part isn't a joke at all! I've had some travel across the upper level of Northwest USA (Or British Columbia) And chill out in the Middle Section. I Even recorded something and I Saw that the Dimorphodon had flown from the 3rd part of NW USA to the little bridges in-between the 1st & 2nd Areas. Yeah they can fly pretty far for their stamina.
We get the 1997 pteranodon. Jens makes a comment in the last YouTube video accidentally calling the 2001 pteranodon the 1997 pteranodon. I just hope it gets a proper model this time instead of just the color scheme this time around.

Top Bottom