Update 10 - Odyssey and Horizons

"What happened to my fire groups? I can't assign them unless I have weapons and I'm exploring deep out in the black!"

"Calm down... just take a break from scanning planets and do some exobio."

"Ok... but now I can't scan plants because the latest update borked the genetic sampler."

"Relax... just take a break from exobio and uh... come back to the bubble and do some combat or whatever."

"Fine... but now I can't identify who is shooting at me because the latest update borked the radar!"

"Ok stay with me cmdr, forget about combat and go stock up on raw mats. Oh yeah, have you unlock guardian stuff yet? Now is the perfect time to do so!"

"Great idea! I flew all the way to HIP 36601 and now there seems to be something wrong with my SRV scoop. I can't scoop more than 1 item!"

"Alright cmdr, I've had just enough of your whining. There are so many things to do in this game, just go do something else!"

"ASKDMGFLIROJTNIGF."
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Last edited:
Thank you for Update 10! In orbital stations my framerate pretty the same, but in settlements it risen a lot. Now i see 55-60 fps in scenario, where used to be 38-47.

P.S. Win7 SP1. Ryzen7 1700 @3,2Ghz. 16Gb DDR4 @3000 Mhz. Radeon RX580 8Gb. 1920x1080. High preset w direct shadows set to high and spot shadows set to low. AMD FSR disabled.

Hello!
Sorry for the delay, have to split time between here and backstage to get all the muscle pumped.
Can confirm that the faction state changes apply to both Horizons and Odyssey, unless the line starts with 'Odyssey'.

So for example these are Odyssey only:

Odyssey settlements controlled by criminal factions will now prefer to export commodities (at the usual favourable pricing) that are illegal in other jurisdictions. Their exports will return to normal if control changes to other faction types

Odyssey settlements that were incorrectly exporting Meta Alloys will no longer do so

---

I'll have a little ask to see if Bruce can update the notes to section this part out a bit more to avoid any further confusion when he has a mo.
Cheers for rep appreciated, not trying to add to your list but visited a system that was in civil unrest but black market hadn't activated, anyways that's for Bruce. Keep going catch ya β˜•

Cheers for rep appreciated, not trying to add to your list but visited a system that was in civil unrest but black market hadn't activated, anyways that's for Bruce. Keep going catch ya β˜•
Are you sure the civil unrest state applied to the faction controlling the station that you checked, rather than just the faction controlling the system?
Some powerplay superpowers don't allow black markets in their controlled/exploited systems, that may be another factor.

What the heck are you on about? And don't tell me to shut up, this is a discussion forum, not your private totalitarian dictatorship. A few days with SRV scooping is not game breaking, we are all alright because there's plenty of other stuff to do, if your entire game revolves around scooping stuff in an SRV maybe that's the problem? That doesn't mean I don't care about it, it does mean it isn't a game breaking bug, it's a short term inconvenience at worst, and complaining repeatedly that it is a game breaking bug won't get it fixed any faster, you think they don't know it's an issue?
Shut up.

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous

Nawww don't worry, it's not the job of the note poster to tackle issue responses and help here hehe, I'll jump on things as usual of course. I just don't want to go reshuffling Bruce's post without being able to chat with him first.
Will take a look deeper into the black market feedback throughout actually. I've been following a few bits up to now o7

Last edited:
Anyone notice that the yellow "circle" on the HUD designating your destination, seems to project between the glass and any inside metal brace? That is to say that it gets obscured by the inside canopy brace/bar? Observed both on the iCourier and the Sidewinder. This on EDH, haven't checked other ships or EDO, and I also don't know if it's new.. :D

In Odyssey, however, you can only collect one cargo/material via the SRV scoop before having to relog. You also can't transfer the lone prize to your ship; you actually have to board your SRV back onto the ship! Special...
I noticed this myself . . . makes SRV a lot less enjoyable in Odyssey.

went to a resource extraction site and my FA kept turning on and off and menus would open up I would lose lock I re did all my keybindings and the same thing would happen cant do ship combat, and cant srv mine hope this all gets fixed soon lol

got to love updates that break everything lol

have fun guys

Anyone notice that the yellow "circle" on the HUD designating your destination, seems to project between the glass and any inside metal brace? That is to say that it gets obscured by the inside canopy brace/bar? Observed both on the iCourier and the Sidewinder. This on EDH, haven't checked other ships or EDO, and I also don't know if it's new.. :D
That circle is displayed on the surface of the glass, this is easily demonstrated by getting your canopy broken where you will see the "circle" only on the shards of remaining canopy which can make things tricky.

So not new behaviour.

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
News about the archive/Codex bug?

QUOTE="Jack Winter, post: 9717803, member: 194436"]
I think there was something about that in the OP, but both session log and archive are red and unavailable for me (EDH).
[/QUOTE]

Heya! I updated the OP post with an edit on the session log issue being back under investigation (I hope I did! Or I'm going a bit wobbley!!)

In instances where there are more than one issue with things like the Codex, I hate to ask, but do try and help me out a little with more information so I can be of better help. I can make pretty decent guesses on which you're referencing these days BUT I don't wanna get it wrong and look daft, then furthermore make anyone frustrated o7

Top Bottom