Update 13, Narrative and Access to 4.0

My steam download (for Horizons) has finished. 739.9 Mb for Steam Horizons. Steam Ody I heard was 6.6gb, start your downloads if you have not already. BACKUP your key binds folder is recommended

So I just tried to log into Horizons and get the message "Error 403 from website: "Your client is too old. Please update to the latest version of Elite Dangerous" How the hell do I do this? Does this mean I have to pay for the game all over again?

Downloaded the update.
Everything seems normal so far:
1660048633462.png

I take it Consoles aren't getting the Horizons 4.0 update?
Just Elite dangerous Odyssey compatibility updates again now on 3.8.11... We can't by EDO content so we are not worth advertising EDO content with EDH 4.0 adverts with EDO players on multi crew like PC can as they dont exist lol...

Last edited:
Correct. Although console accounts will get the option to enable a PC account next month (before update 14 arrives in November). Check out the other threads in this news section to learn more.
That's all well and good if you have (or can acquire) a PC good enough to run it.

I just wanted the new SRV (which should have been part of Horizons years ago anyway) on my XBox account. I don't think that's too much to ask.

Last edited:
I finished updating horizons on PC and don't see a version 4.0 anywhere. The only horizon client is 3.8. Wasn't there supposed to be a 4.0 choice as well?

I finished updating horizons on PC and don't see a version 4.0 anywhere. The only horizon client is 3.8. Wasn't there supposed to be a 4.0 choice as well?
Apparently that wasn't part of this update, but is coming in a few weeks - I, too, misread/misunderstood the information and thought it was part of this update.

Probably not to us lowly Console Peasants though.

Last edited:
4.0 is not required for Update 13 or to experience the conclusion to the Azimuth Saga.
I just want to point out that this was an extremely disingenuous thing to say.

Yes, I know, “blah blah the other stuff happening is not Azimuth Sage, it’s the start of the new think blah blah”. Still. Or even especially because of that.

I was in HIP on alt, so without odyssey.

-No "anomaly" in place of thargoid site
-Some destroyed ships aren't even visible
-No scannable logs
-No broken HUD
-No melting guardian modules
-No aggressive thargoids (I heard, that in ody they can attack you soon after you drop from cruise).

So...thank you frontier for narrative update, which was "for all people, in HZN and ODY".

Looks like, that HZN get only 2 things- few minutes of movie, and some destroyed megaships (which sometimes are invisible).

10/10

Apparently that wasn't part of this update, but is coming in a few weeks - I, too, misread/misunderstood the information and thought it was part of this update.

Probably not to us lowly Console Peasants though.
Why would they put "update 13" and "access to 4.0" in one title is beyond my comprehension?!! Very missleading like many posts/FDev's promises :(

Why would they put "update 13" and "access to 4.0" in one title is beyond my comprehension?!! Very missleading like many posts/FDev's promises :(
Almost as if there's more text under that title
This option is expected to come in the weeks following Update 13 with more details to be shared closer to the time

-No scannable logs
-No broken HUD
-No aggressive thargoids (I heard, that in ody they can attack you soon after you drop from cruise).

So...thank you frontier for narrative update, which was "for all people, in HZN and ODY".

Looks like, that HZN get only 2 things- few minutes of movie, and some destroyed megaships (which sometimes are invisible).

10/10
Yep, this whole post-event gameplay turns out to be for Odyssey players only, despite everything Frontier said.

For Horizons players, we can cruise around and... see lots of debris and dead ships. Which is fairly apt, given where this game is going.

-No scannable logs
-No broken HUD

10/10
Hoping this is just a bug and we can get the logs etc.soon...😕

Yep, this whole post-event gameplay turns out to be for Odyssey players only, despite everything Frontier said.

For Horizons players, we can cruise around and... see lots of debris and dead ships. Which is fairly apt, given where this game is going.
To be fair, they effectively said "turn up and watch" and little about participating. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Top Bottom