Patch Notes Update Update 2.4.08

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
What is the code of the I/O DEVICE HANDLING EXCEPTION? That would be helpful. It could be anything from memory to CPU to disk drives to USB...

Here is the file I am keeping with pictures of the error. Even a couple videos.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wPJCLP8Zhve70yaXWDsO7b-aSfnXMBuk

There is no "code". Just the error message and when I click OK, it closes the launcher, Windows says it will look online for a solution, and never gets back to me.

[h=1]How to fix common problems with the Elite Dangerous launcher[/h]Updated: Thursday 16th November 2017Open in New Window[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you've encountered a problem that is preventing the launcher from starting, or the launcher crashes shortly after you try to load it, please follow the steps below.

Note: If you are having issues downloading games using the launcher, please see this FAQ article for details on how to solve download problems with the Elite Dangerous launcher.
[/FONT]

[h=3]Restart your computer[/h][FONT=&quot]Restart your PC fully and then run the launcher again, making sure you're [/FONT]not[FONT=&quot] launching the game as an administrator.[/FONT]
[h=3]Reinstall the launcher[/h][FONT=&quot]If the launcher refuses to function correctly it may be caused by potential file errors or installation problems by removing and re-installing the launcher. [/FONT]

• Uninstall the launcher from your computer using Programs and Features in Windows (or Steam).
  • Delete any files from where the launcher was installed. If the following folders exist, delete them:
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Frontier\EDLaunch
    • C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Frontier_Developments\Products
  • Restart your computer
  • Re-download the launcher from EliteDangerous.com (or via Steam, if you use Steam).
  • Install the launcher as normal (do not run the installer as an administrator - it will ask for an administrator password automatically, if necessary)
    • Some players find that installing the game to a custom location is beneficial, for example: C:\Games\EliteDangerous
  • Use the launcher as normal to install Elite Dangerous.
[h=3]Repair/reinstall Microsoft .NET[/h][FONT=&quot]If the launcher is unable to run, or is encountering regular errors preventing it from working normally, you may need to re-install [/FONT]Microsoft .NET[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]TechHit[FONT=&quot] have created a complete and handy guide on how to reinstall and repair [/FONT].NET[FONT=&quot] on Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10: [/FONT]https://www.techhit.com/how-to/install-.net-3.5.1/[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[h=3]Check for 3rd party monitoring programs[/h][FONT=&quot]In some cases, third-party programs may prevent the [/FONT]Elite Dangerous[FONT=&quot] launcher from working normally. Likely programs that cause this are third-party hardware monitors, graphics card companion programs, or programs that provide overlays such as [/FONT]EVGA Precision[FONT=&quot], [/FONT]Raptr, Lucid Virtu MVP, MSI Afterburner, Nvidia GeForce Experience[FONT=&quot] or [/FONT]AMD Gaming Evolved[FONT=&quot]. Please disable programs like these prior to starting the [/FONT]Elite Dangerous[FONT=&quot] launcher. You can also perform a [/FONT]clean boot in Windows[FONT=&quot] to prevent these programs starting at all.[/FONT]
[h=3]Check Windows for corrupted files[/h][FONT=&quot]In some cases, Windows may have become damaged which can stop the launcher and other programs from behaving normally. Windows has a self-repair tool called SFC to help repair itself. You can find out how to run this tool here: [/FONT]http://support.microsoft.com/KB/929833

[FONT=&quot]We hope that the above steps have solved any issues you're having with the launcher. However, if you are still encountering problems when loading the launcher that are not helped by the steps or articles linked above then you may wish to get in touch with the support team who will be able to help further. Please create a [/FONT]DxDiag file[FONT=&quot] of your computer and then click [/FONT]Contact Us[FONT=&quot] at the top of this page to create a ticket.[/FONT]

You can get one from Hutton Orbital in Alpha Centauri. There is a mega ship parked outside which sells them.

I got mine last night.

Thought this was a wind up, however the temptation was just too much. What a lovely ship it is!
Gonna make a fortune very quickly off this bad boy.

Cheers for the heads up, have some rep :-D

sticker,375x360-bg,ffffff.u2.png
[SUB] (sorry guys - couldn't sit by and watch it happen)[/SUB]

Last edited:
[h=1]How to fix common problems with the Elite Dangerous launcher[/h]

Ok, did it all.

Started the upgrade again about 10 AM local time in safe mode so nothing but the keyboard and mouse are running.

Now 2:48 local time and I am past where the crash usually occurs but the status bar has not moved for nearly an hour, the speed seems stuck at .83MB/s

A separate speed test on another device says I have 2.7 MB/s. Looks like the servers are dragging and I am in for letting it run all night.

have you tried to run your connection direct Modem to computer?

Would that I could. I live out in the country. I am using a cellular wifi hotspot to get to the internet.
I got it started again in a normal Win Startup and It went very well until about an hour ago when NetFlix/YouTube time hit and my connection speed dropped to about .25MB/s.
The blue bar looks to be at about 95% and at .17MB/s it says it will take 2 hours to finish the sync.

Last edited:
Would that I could. I live out in the country. I am using a cellular wifi hotspot to get to the internet.
I got it started again in a normal Win Startup and It went very well until about an hour ago when NetFlix/YouTube time hit and my connection speed dropped to about .25MB/s.
The blue bar looks to be at about 95% and at .17MB/s it says it will take 2 hours to finish the sync.

crashed again..

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1C6irHJa8QlUSl2MTICbfPXyXivuntO4M

You must have one hell of a data package !

You must have one hell of a data package !

If I did I would not have been complaining.
32 GB at What is supposed to be 12 MBPS but I almost never see faster than 4 MBPS and during nitflix/youtude/streaming sports hours it drops to less than 1 MBPS. 107$/month
If I run over the 32 GB i get slowed to a max of .7 MBPS

I see another update is inbound today. Just had the in-game notification. As per usual, FD tell us in the message to come to the forum for details on the patch, yet it’s nowhere to be seen.

FD, is it really that difficult for you to put the patch notes up before the in-game update notification is put out, so that when we read “check our forum for details”, we can see the patch notes.

I reached out on twitter for comment, but no reply. Safe to say FD are probably holding this one close to their figurative collective chest :)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom