Patch Notes Update Update 3.0.2

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
T.Flight Hotas 4 PS4 mode not working PC

Hey guys,

So I bought a PS4/PC T.Flight Hotas 4 at the weekend, installed the drivers and enjoyed the PS4 mode whilst playing on PC.

Install patch today and now despite Windows seeing the Hotas 4, ED only ever sees it as Generic Joystick.

Again, was working fine before patch.

Cheers,

Dirk

Hey man, what helped me was under options in the launcher. Chcek Multi-threaded download. This completely fixed my lock up on pressing upgrade. Also, if you mark the next two options, Enable Cache Check and Enable Virtual Cache, you wont have to redownload the whole lot next time. Hope this helps!

They are checked and have been since my first lock up and TC told me to check them and it didn't make any difference. The only thing that works for me is to uninstall and reinstall.

Hey guys,

So I bought a PS4/PC T.Flight Hotas 4 at the weekend, installed the drivers and enjoyed the PS4 mode whilst playing on PC.

Install patch today and now despite Windows seeing the Hotas 4, ED only ever sees it as Generic Joystick.

Again, was working fine before patch.

Cheers,

Dirk

C:\Game\EDLaunch\Products\elite-dangerous-64\ControlSchemes

Try looking in here. Your path may vary from mine since I have the game in a dedicated folder.

SO still no fix for the chieften's miss-aligned interdiction circle? good god... this was reported in beta AND this is a new ship! how its a new ship broken upon release.

I reported this in every single beta version and upon release and still nothing. Pretty clearly Frontier stopped playing Elite a very long time ago. How the hell has something this major not been fixed with a brand new ship?

What about:
- "Leaving Wing" showing forever when you join a wing (almost 2 years old now I think)
- NPCs on your assigned pad (9+ months now?)
- Spawning inside other ships (9+ months)
- Cargo hatch reset to power level 3 on respawn (6+ months)

And now
- Ctrl+B and Ctrl+F no longer work
- PIPs no longer make sound (at least not in my ships)
- Modules don't show correct damage state but do for others (very dangerous if you get hit with reverb)

Wouldn't it be nice if they release a version of Elite that focused on core game and bug fixes? Wouldn't it?

Try looking in here. Your path may vary from mine since I have the game in a dedicated folder.

mine did the same thing after the update. its like the game knew the scheme to use but the game is just not seeing the hotas 4. even if i try to rebind a couple of the controls, the game doesnt know im pushing any buttons.

Windows sees it just fine. but with ED its like the hotas isnt even plugged in.

You broke the entire comms panel, very nice

The error of the comms panel came out of me, and even the mission panel gave up fighting after I applied the filter. After that, I saw the PC turn off before getting a stroke.

Hey, the dirty developers!

Instead of doing a big useless maintenance, you should just tell everyone to restart the game when you are done updating your files !?

I'm tired of not being able to play in peace for some hours! :mad:

SO still no fix for the chieften's miss-aligned interdiction circle? good god... this was reported in beta AND this is a new ship! how its a new ship broken upon release.

Is this why i am finding it hard to interdict even NPC's in the Chief?

OMG, and i thought it was me having to Git Gud! Damn and Blast you FD.....!

Is this why i am finding it hard to interdict even NPC's in the Chief?

OMG, and i thought it was me having to Git Gud! Damn and Blast you FD.....!

They broke interdictions for the anaconda as well with the "center of mass" fix for it...
long story short the interdiction tunnel is still influencing the same spot on the anaconda, but because the center of mass is different now, its siginifigantly harder to turn the anaconda in interdictions and you start getting 180 degree flips like what happened to interdictions before they got fixed in horizons

No fix for anaconda turrets? Im very disappointed, fixing the functionality of a ship should be a number 1 priority as it impacts centeral gameplay

Anything to do with the Conda should be fixed as an absolute priority because i have 3 of them:)

But seriously i haven't played since 2.4 and am very close to playing again but all this talk of Anaconda turrets going all wiberly-woberly has put me off for now.

Last edited:
Anything to do with the Conda should be fixed as an absolute priority because i have 3 of them:)

But seriously i haven't played since 2.4 and am very close to playing again but all this talk of Anaconda turrets going all wiberly-woberly has put me off for now.

There seems to be evidence that it's the size of the turret vs. the ship that's the problem. That said, who wants to put size 2 turrets in their size 3 hardpoints (not me). Hopefully 3.03 drops SOON and fixes this and other serious bugs.

There seems to be evidence that it's the size of the turret vs. the ship that's the problem. That said, who wants to put size 2 turrets in their size 3 hardpoints (not me). Hopefully 3.03 drops SOON and fixes this and other serious bugs.
I have C3 turrets on my Cutter and they definitely have wonky behavior (at least visually, they point in weird directions).

Edit : So it's not just a matter of class mismatch.

Why don't we just plot a course and take a nap and wake at Colonia. If that's your dog he's cute. [edit] Ok so this is only happening when I use VA not when I manually jump. So I'll take this elsewhere.

Last edited:

Cheers bud. I checked it out and the files there haven't changed since 2017, apparently. Weirdly, when I select "Generic Controller" and go to make new bindings it shows the playstation button symbols (Square, Triangle, Circle, R1, L1, etc.) rather than "Joy 1, Joy2, etc.", so it's almost like it half-recognises it.

It was fine before the patch and I see they specifically changed Hotas 4 stuff, so almost certain they borked it [blah]

Well.....Drokk. [down]

People don't like stepping away from their PC when they jump and coming back to a rebuy cos they flew into a sun.
Easier just to get the devs to throttle you to zero. :p

Did I miss something somewhere?? HEY DEVS!!!! I DO NOT WANT TO COME OUT AT 0 THROTTLE so a punk can hit me with an interdictor and dump me into normal space right next to a star.

I have a CP-48 Keyboard macro that initiated the jump and then sets me to 5% throttle. I would like to keep things that way.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom