Patch Notes Update Update 3.0.4

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
So, here's my experience of 3.04:-

Stopped playing Subnautica.
Started playing ED.
Selected Open mode.
Pressed Galmap button.
Game crashed.
Resumed playing Subnautica.

Bring on 3.05

Also, while I'm at it, here's a little something for FDev to think about...

I went to Volynov to see what the fuss was about.
When I realised it was just a "lucky BGS coincidence" thing, rather than being an exploit, I decided to use it to farm enough credits to buy another Corvette.
After buying another Corvette, I went to the Frontier Store and spent £7 on the Corvette ship-kit and £3 on a pack of paint-jobs so I could make my 2 Corvettes look different from each other.

When 3.0 came out, something screwed up the Galmap and I've been forced to stop playing.

Random "errors" in the game are encouraging me to spend money in the Frontier Store.
Planned updates by FDev staff are preventing me from playing the game.

That's about as assbackwards as it gets.

[*]Delivery Wing mission payouts have been increased and the cargo requirement decreased[/list]

So.... I am not sure if I'm unlucky or if this was a typo but I have definitely received much worse Delivery Wing missions than before the update.

I'm looking at Cordial faction delivery of 4390 Units for a pay out of 1.2 million and a mission from an allied faction for 5882 Units for 2.3 million. I had missions last patch that were 2000 units for 5 million credits or more.

What gives?

Yes that's what the game needed. More ways for people who already have everything to get more . These wing missions were the only reason I was back in the game because they were faster than the CG's and were fun to do with friends but now taking them is a penalty. I'm mostly bothered by the fact that they said it was buffed in the patch notes and it was actually nerfed into the ground.

I've not had a Galaxy map crash either. Odd that it's just a couple of people, hardware issues perhaps. If it was happening a lot you'd hear quite an uproar.

Something needs to be done with punishment for simple mistakes. trespassing because you forgot to ask for clearance should not result in being sent a huge distance to the detention facility. just like being scanned with illegal cargo or passengers. fines are one thing but the destruction of your ship and once again being sent to the detention facility is a really large and incredibly frustrating punishment for the very small profit gain they give. I still cant find anywhere it tells you that wanted passengers say MAY BE WANTED in some systems will include the port you pick them up from. These rules feel arbitrary and unexplained. I don't see why you are trying to make it easier for those with hot ships, yet are so harsh with hot missions. I have so much fun with this game when not dealing with very boring and repetitive grinding. Having these huge set backs while grinding that feel so unfair is a big wet blanket on the fun of this game.

I've not had a Galaxy map crash either. Odd that it's just a couple of people, hardware issues perhaps. If it was happening a lot you'd hear quite an uproar.

It is an issue with the collected trade data which causes a crash for some people. See the relevant thread in the PC-Bug-Forum.

I had this bout last night going to do base scan (didn't know they had been changed so much) on my SRV. Got aggroed by the AI and confused, did not get any pop-ups telling me I am amassing a bounty because, I think, since I was in a hostile power play system. This is just silly, can't say it any nicer. Changes which aren't properly explained leading to gameplay getting.. confusing? Worse? Not too clear at all. Wasn't a huge fan of learning the ropes with base scanning the first time around either tho, or with all the changes to the C&P. Or how Powerplay plays out.

But it was a sad experience, three basically unrelated areas of the game (powerplay, C&P, material harvesting) correlated in such a way that made gameplay feel unfair and punishing as well as confusing and unclear. This was just one thing too, there are other considerations of same kind ingame atm as well as instability and bugs. But didn't want to create a worse wall-of-text than I already did. Just had a three week break from the game, and now thinking of similar that again.

Could be worse, but not the greatest of moment for ED. Oh one thing I absolutely do have to mention; what the heck is going on with station main menu no longer "rotating" to left?? I mean if you operate the HUD menu via keys, you can't go from the left side to the right side by going left anymore, as you could before. You still can, however, go from side to side the other way around like you always could. This can't be intentional? What on earth could the use for this be. Don't change things when you don't need to, at least do not make them worse.

Otherwise have been very, very happy on the whole with 3.0. I do like the way the game seems headed, for the most parts. Vision meeting reality pretty nicely.

Thanks, E

EDIT: Also, uhh, can't store my 'Vette's thrusters even though there is room. What is this... Not jumping with joy on the prospect of having to visit Palin just for thrusters on the 'Vette. What change is there now at work I am not aware of? No bounties or anything on me. Oh for crying out loud...!

Last edited:
So.... I am not sure if I'm unlucky or if this was a typo but I have definitely received much worse Delivery Wing missions than before the update.

I'm looking at Cordial faction delivery of 4390 Units for a pay out of 1.2 million and a mission from an allied faction for 5882 Units for 2.3 million. I had missions last patch that were 2000 units for 5 million credits or more.

What gives?

Beats me why anybody would do wing missions alone - for the credits, TBH.
Seems like the only real reason to do them is to wing-up with a newbie and get them a few million credits.

Being at "Cordial" rep' with a faction is never going to get you the best missions.
Get to "Allied" and you'll probably find (as a lot of people currently are) that the best-paid cargo missions are the ones which require you to fill up a Python and deliver cargo to a medium-pad platform.

In systems where I'm at Allied rep', I'm constantly seeing "Python missions" which pay Cr5m credits for a 15 minute flight while, at the same time, I'm seeing wing-missions that pay Cr2m to haul 4,000t (or more) of cargo.

Personally, I wonder if it might be better if the payment system for wing missions was changed so that the person who accepts the missions gets paid all of the reward and then there's an extra step where they get to decide how it's split-up among the members of the wing.
So, for example, the payment for a 4,000t mission might be Cr40m (still lousy compared to Cr5m for shipping 180t in a Python, but whatever) and, having completed it, you'd be able to keep the entire Cr40m for yourself or, perhaps, twiddle some sliders to decide how much each member of a wing gets.

Doing that might even generate some "emergent gameplay" if the leader of a wing tries to rip-off the other members of the wing.

Doing that might even generate some "emergent gameplay" if the leader of a wing tries to rip-off the other members of the wing.

you can already rip off your wingmates by simply disbanding the wing before turning in.
in most cases, thats what FDEV already does for you with its great network stability....

im still because i accidentally took an wing assassination mission, managed to finish off the target wing of 5 ships, survive with my 11% hull on my corvette - and just to get kicked out of the game due to a new IP mid session
after logging back in, beeing unable to reform the crew or wing with my friend who helped me, i decided to try my luck the next day. after all, mission was finished already (no timer)

and then next day i log in, mission is gone, and my reputation with the contractor down to cordial. really just another WT* moment

While reading all above I slowly start to understand why I'm still relatively happy with the game after all these years: I don't multiplayer. [blah] As far as I'm concerned the game wouldn't need this aspect anyway. Imagine, all these wasted resources for multiplayer stuff would go into development of a true singleplayer game... [where is it]

also imagine all these wasted resources for solo stuff would go into development of a true multiplayer game..[big grin] their decision to make mixed game and sacrifice all juicy things

Last edited:
While reading all above I slowly start to understand why I'm still relatively happy with the game after all these years: I don't multiplayer. [blah] As far as I'm concerned the game wouldn't need this aspect anyway. Imagine, all these wasted resources for multiplayer stuff would go into development of a true singleplayer game... [where is it]

I also don't multi-player. I don't do it because I read about it and decided I had no desire to spend my game time dodging over engineered sociopaths.
From what I am seeing now about the "new and botched" CRIME/PUNISHMENT system it looks like FDEV's are finally taking some action. They are botching it and it looks like people doing some accidental things are getting hammered which is bad. But there is apparently an easy out. Blow up the ship and/or use a new one since the "punishment" is levied against the ship. That for me is not the solution.
The following should allow for a pirates/smugglers or just pure criminals life but make it difficult like such a life should be.
1. The punishment should be levied against the Commander and follow them from ship to ship.
2. There should be bases where they can repair/refuel/outfit and even buy new ships in either lawless or anarchy systems but with a major mark-up in the price. (This opens and interesting way to make money. Work your butt off "legally" and get the big ship, then sell it at say a 50% mark-up to one of these bases so it is available to a criminal to buy at an additional 50% mark-up.) .
3. There should be some kind of "amnesty" system whereby they can pay for their crimes and get "clean" but again, it should be expensive. 90% of their total assets seems reasonable to me since this should force them to sell their over-engineered ship and basically start over.
4. Maybe there could be a "Space Foreign Legion" where they are given a mission to hunt down and kill other over-engineered sociopaths and get a galactic pardon.
There are probably some other ideas/things.

These are in my humble opinion things the FDEV's should have already had worked out before they released the game for OPEN MULTIPLAYER.

YMMV

With this I shall unsubscribe.

see, im only here because i can play this together with friends.
and the reason they "waste" resources on multiplayer, is more or less, because they neglect doing any research on multiplayer gameplay basiscs and try to invent the wheel again.

they did such a good job at the backgroundsim - avoiding the situation that richard garriot recently revealed they had to struggle with when they did Ultima Online.
but the actual direct multiplayer gameplay is so badly implemented that you get the feeling the reponsible DEV have never played a cooperative RPG...

Thank you all for your patience.

The changelog can be found below:

Consoles

• Fixed a cockpit shadow issue near planets on the PS4

YOU HAVE NOT FIXED THIS! For the love of ducks, will whoever is in charge of shadow shaders get on the ball and actually fix these horrendous shadows on the standard PS4... If anything, shadows get progressively worse with each update. At this point, I'd rather have no shadows than the flickering, blocky, moire pattern mess that they currently (3.0.5) are. It's not like I haven't given you a ton of material to work with in the bug reports section since 2.4 dropped:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/414211-Cockpit-Self-Shadow-Degradation-(it-s-bad)
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/385802

Paying off bounties

I only use the Solo Play function, The update 3.0.4 with respect to: "Fixed an issue where players couldn't pay off bounties via the Interstellar Factors Contact when their notoriety was 0" does not appear to be fixed or working. I can't pay off a 200 credit bounty which I received under strange circumstances, even after several hours of play. Could there be some new method of clearing the bounty which hasn't been communicated well?

Hello everyone,

We are taking the galaxy servers down now for the 3.0.4 update which has a number of bug fixes. It also reverts the changes made to hot ships and access to outfitting in the 3.0.3 update, which means ships can now access outfitting anywhere except Starports controlled by a faction that has issued a bounty or fine against them.

Details about future crime proposals can be found here.

Estimated downtime is approximately two hours, and we'll communicate here and on our social media channels when the servers are back online.

Thank you all for your patience.

The changelog can be found below:

Consoles

• Fixed a cockpit shadow issue near planets on the PS4
  • Restored the version info text to the main menu on the XB1

Crime

• Fixed an issue where players couldn't pay off bounties via the Interstellar Factors Contact when their notoriety was 0
  • Refuelling from the Starport Services screen is now allowed while under Anonymous Access Protocol
  • Power bounties are now cleared when the player leaves or defects from a power
  • Power bounties are now included when cleaning a ship with Interstellar Factors
  • Outfitting service is always open (where available) except when using anonymous access

Installations/POIs/USSs

• Fixed scans in settlements only giving one data material, apart from Guardian Blueprints which intentionally return one
  • Fixed an issue where police will spawn in anarchy systems at a USS

Local News Reports

• Fixed the wrong ship name appearing in the top 5 bounty lists if a commander appears in more than one list
  • Fixed ship bounties not being added to the top 5 bounty lists on login
  • Fixed top 5 bounty list entries not expiring after 5 days
  • Fixed superpower bounties not being added to the top 5 bounty list when issued

Missions

• Long distance passenger missions now properly allow the selection of a mission reward
  • Fixed rank up missions not spawning
  • Fixed some Search and Rescue missions not correctly reflecting the repair state of the Starport
  • Fixed some mission-only cargo types not being available
  • Delivery Wing mission payouts have been increased and the cargo requirement decreased

Multi-crew

• Crew members now unlock trade data correctly when the helm scans a Nav Beacon

Player Journal

• Fixed localised strings where the localisation resources redirect to another text symbol
  • Fixed missing "PayBounties" event
  • Ensured commodity names are localised in CargoDepot interactions, and when scooping and dumping from SRV
  • Fixed some factions having their influence displayed incorrectly

Stability Fixes

• Fixed a rare memory crash
  • Fixed a connection issue that could occur near SYNUEFE VM-D C15-10 2 A
  • Fixed a connection issue that could occur near planet surfaces
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when using the Kill Warrant Scanner
  • Fixed the tourist beacon issue where the beacons became misplaced

Weapons & Modules

• The damage values displayed for experimental weapons now more accurately represent the damage that they will deal against human vessels

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom