Patch Notes Update Update 3.0.5

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
After being away from ED for some 7 weeks due to the galmap crash i decided on a whim to just try it with latest drivers, made no difference so the instant CTD still exists.
What graphics card, OS, and drivers are you using?

It is rare I have encountered a crash in ED and even rarer that the crash is reliably repeatable.

FTR I have a 1080 Ti, Win10 Pro, and latest NVidia drivers here.

If using Steam, have you tried validating your game cache - that has cured some unexplained crashes for me in the past.

After being away from ED for some 7 weeks due to the galmap crash i decided on a whim to just try it with latest drivers, made no difference so the instant CTD still exists.

This.
Last played in the first half of May - after several updates of windows and my graphic card drivers I decided to give the game another go today. Second time I accessed the GalMap the game crashed to desktop.

The FDevs should hand out Steam Gift cards or something like that until this is fixed :D ;)

Nah. Just fix this :)

Definitely needs to be fixed, just updated my system with a new hard drive etc and the crash is almost gone and only crashes less than 10% of the time now so that's a massive improvement so i'm back in the game [big grin]

Thnx, i know: truth hurts
Except it is far from the truth - lots has changed since release but you will need access to Horizons to fully benefit or appreciate what has changed. Sure the pace of development may seem to be slower than some may like it to be but it is an extreme distortion of the truth to claim that nothing of value has changed since release.

I also expect that any additional major gameplay changes (other than basic QoL tweaks to existing features) will be locked behind some form of expansion based premium wall.

I was under the impression that today was the day for the "update" rather than just a patch.
I was expecting a new ship and whatever other stuff FDev had planned.

Still, as has become my routine after any update since 3.0, I started the game, pressed the galmap button and I didn't get a CTD.

If it turns out they've managed to fix that (for me, at least) then I might start playing more regularly again.
A game that's unstable just isn't worth playing, unfortunately. [sad]

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom