Patch Notes Update Update 3.1.1

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
11 pages is a bit much for me, so I’ll just go through my findings...

Security are still fighting each other in RES. Please don’t let this become the new falling skimmer bug! Combat pilots enjoy bounty hunting and this bug is cocking up the instance. Fix it up...

Industry/supply missions are making simple cargo missions look absolutely ridiculous, especially the wing variants. Example:-

Deliver 750 progenitor cells for 850,000 credits.

VS

Supply 750 progenitor cells for 18,000,000 credits.

High cargo delivery missions require pretty much the same legwork as supply missions do. I was able to complete a 50,000,000c contract for slaves this evening in a T7, I’ll admit I enjoyed this one because it involved smuggling, but the balance is still way off...

It just means more useless missions on the board. I don’t recommend a nerf here, standard cargo delivery missions simply need a buff so things make sense.

And what should it say? Goodbye?

:p Sorry, couldn't resist.

Maybe, "Zoom, Zoom!", like in various Madza ads, a recording of Murray Walker shouting, "Go, Go, Go!", the Spaceballs line, "Engaging ludicrous speed!" (which is a setting on some Tesla cars :) ), the Burnout announcer shouting, "Boost, Boost, Boost !" etc :) .
(I'd pick the last one myself :) .)

Edit - i only just noticed that i some how managed to miss type Mazda, which is pretty embarrassing when i drive one (indeed my second 6 in a row), though in my defence, i didn't type this comment on my computer, which has spell check by default, but on my PS4 which only makes suggestions based on what you're typing and it doesn't continue once you get a letter wrong or mark any mistakes after the fact, like spell check does :) .

Last edited:
Since your forum search engine doesn't seem to like ".", I can't search for release/update/patch notes for PS4 Version 1.21.
I guess people 'in the know' can figure out what goes to what but, I'm kinda expecting that if I'm looking at my PS4 and when I look at 'Update history' and I see 'Version 1.21 Please visit https://www.elitedangerous.com/ps4/update/history that I would actually see something like information relating to Version 1.21 when I go to that page — even if it's a page not specific to the PS4 but just has a link to a generic page like https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/437224-Update-3-1-1 there should be a note in your Patch Notes somewhere that says 'this is Version 1.21 on the PS4' and not just get redirected to https://forums.frontier.co.uk/forumdisplay.php/39-News-and-Updates — kinda useless. But, really, how long would it take someone to copy-paste appropriate notes to a PS4 or xbox page?

AAAAHHHH...only 2 months and 20 days until the next update!!

Not like I am counting or anything... :D

can someone put me in a coma and wake me when it comes? :D

[...]
Elite is like a super hot girlfriend who's as mean as a snake. When it's good it's amazing but the rest of the time living with it is hell.

Then why do you stay in this abusive relationship?

It's really a bit surprising that people who spend so much time with the game seemingly hate it. You even went the extra mile and create Youtube content.

Has anyone else noticed that the Feds engaging themselves seems to be worse after 3.1.1? Multiple times now, they have engaged me or each other in Res zones, for no reason, no bounty nothing.. Quite frustrating... The fix is easy, jump out then back in and you are good again, until it starts again....

I even watched a pirate vessel scan the feds while they were fighting each other, he clearly shrugged and said "oh well"... then moved on..

sollisb

Banned
nope. full shields, boost and weapons is not "good at managing it", and this is not Elite NPCs either, but lowest level NPCs in crappy tugs. Also Frontier have acknowledged it IS a "known issue".

'Known Issue' = AI is pathetic so they do this to compensate.

Still no fix for the NPC powerplant bug??!! Still waiting and probably will be waiting for along time. Obviously this bug is not on their "to do list." I have been waiting for a long time for this bug to be fixed.

Last edited:
Still no fix for the NPC powerplant bug??!! Still waiting and probably will be waiting for along time. Obviously this bug is not on their "to do list." I have been waiting for a long time for this bug to be fixed.

I just keep blasting away until they explode, they always get in a last salvo into my shields however !! lol, like the last great act of defiance :)

3d1e80f55328ad529771a9d9b3f85549.jpg

Was the fix for super cruising into installations fixed, I popped out of light speed and bounced of said installations!!!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom