Patch Notes Update Update 3.1.3

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I've tried stopping and restarting 3 times and the same happens each time. I've even turned the computer off and back on and its still stuck right at the end of the Sync Files bar. Its been there for over an hour now. :-(

Hmmm... gave up trying to get the update to download last night. Tried again today and on the first attempt it downloaded fully in less than a minute.

Now, who do I talk to about the lost missions and damage to local Rep suffered as a result of not being able to start the game? :mad:

Here's the situation after I finally managed to log on. Note that the value of the commodities I was stacking up (the idea was that I do all the hard work then a friend wings up and contributes just one unit to each mission to give them a nice payout) was around 20M credits.

Screenshot_2018-07-20_14.37.10.png

Quite narked about this! :mad:

Last edited:

Arguendo

Volunteer Moderator
...the idea was that I do all the hard work then a friend wings up and contributes just one unit to each mission to give them a nice payout
Sidenote; they don't have to contribute anything. You just need to share it with them. I've been doing that with a few friends this week.

Sorry to hear about your failed missions btw :(

So what I vote for is we get the two extremes together in the same room, the "stop all development now and fix bugs!" and the "Space legs now!" groups, let them fight it out until only one is left, then when he comes out of the room we quickly toss him out of the space lock and let FDEV get on with it.

I'd agree mainly with the sentiment of this metaphor if not literally, and I find it so hard to believe bugs are ruining and stopping gameplay like some failure product which it isn't. If it was, the game review mags would have labelled it as a bug mess comparable to ME:A and longer ago. ED sales in its entirety was Frontier's big earner for multiple years where the company did not have to go into debt which wouldn't be the case if the game sales were really negatively impacted by a bugged failure product. I rarely even come across a bug in my gameplay sessions of ED after three years of enjoying the awesome bar-setting accomplishment of the sim game as it is. Much of the time, if something freezes up in-game it's because it's my own home network, windows error or crash unrelated to ED, or internet connection dropout on my system that ED can't handle. FDev probably have separate bug-fixing and new development teams and it would be a shame to have FD delay renewed efforts and resources into ED dev after JWE's success for their new planned announcement and content for 2019 just to stop everything else to get slogged into placating overreaction to non-game breaking minuscule perceived issues. FD, imo, are working on the bugs list prioritized.

Last edited:
Anybody having problems getting this update from Oculus servers? I can't update and I can't run the game!

Yeah, thats bugging me lately as well. I uninstall and then reinstall. After that, it looks like it just installs the update, because usually in 5 minutes I get an all clear sign. I other words, it doesn't literally do an uninstall and reinstall.

Greetings Commanders!

As you will have seen, we have taken the galaxy servers down to deploy the 3.1.3 update. Here are the patch notes:

Fixes and Improvements
  • Fixed an issue where AI ships could incorrectly attack each other
  • Fixed Thargoid Massacre and Illegal Massacre missions not spawning USS's when they should
  • Fixed an issue where Faction Bounties were being awarded in PvP instead of Power Bounties
  • Fixed an issue where NPCs were not aligning with the correct side and engaging in Powerplay Military Strike Zones

finally.

... I find it so hard to believe bugs are ruining and stopping gameplay like some failure product which it isn't. If it was, the game review mags would have labelled it as a bug mess comparable to ME:A and longer ago. ED sales in its entirety was Frontier's big earner for multiple years where the company did not have to go into debt which wouldn't be the case if the game sales were really negatively impacted by a bugged failure product. I rarely even come across a bug in my gameplay sessions of ED after three years of enjoying the awesome bar-setting accomplishment of the sim game as it is.* Much of the time, if something freezes up in-game it's because it's my own home network, windows error or crash unrelated to ED, or internet connection dropout on my system that ED can't handle. FDev probably have separate bug-fixing and new development teams and it would be a shame to have FD delay renewed efforts and resources into ED dev after JWE's success for their new planned announcement and content for 2019 just to stop everything else to get slogged into placating overreaction to non-game breaking minuscule perceived issues. FD, imo, are working on the bugs list prioritized.

I'll make you a deal - let Frontier fix my bugs, which are a tiny subset of the overall list of bugs that "bug" people, and then I'll happily join your side. Screw everyone else, as long as you and I are happy, that's all that matters :D

* emphasis mine

Last edited:
Help - 20 Seconds life support remaining. Insufficient power with everything but life support disabled

I started up 3.1.3 I'm in my Krait in a HAZ RES in Ki, fighting a gunship when everything goes offline. Not enough power, I've done a reboot repair...nothing fixed, I've disabled everything except life support and still not enough power

Anyone else got this ?

I'm gonna say, you forgot to fill up before your current adventure didn't you...

Greetings Commanders!

As you will have seen, we have taken the galaxy servers down to deploy the 3.1.3 update. Here are the patch notes:

Fixes and Improvements
  • Fixed Thargoid Massacre and Illegal Massacre missions not spawning USS's when they should
  • Fixed an issue where Faction Bounties were being awarded in PvP instead of Power Bounties
  • Fixed an issue where NPCs were not aligning with the correct side and engaging in Powerplay Military Strike Zones

In the past, we usually get three minor updates after a major update, and then updates stop until the next major update. I hope you'll reconsider this approach, as there are still many bugs that remain unfixed. I'll happily accept 3.1.4 next week, and 3.1.5 the following week, etc. as long as is necessary to fix everything in the "known issues" list (which itself is incomplete).

Thank you!
I'll get behind that idea. It might take pressure off future update deadlines. Heck yeah, since it's down Thursday morning every week anyway, thrown in an extra patch or 2 once a week. Just let us know what was patched.

Rooks o7

Missions Nerfed in Previous Patch!! DRASTICLY

buff the Missions again! I cant make Money anymore...

That sucks, the Mission Board isnt refrehing by switching the Instances!

buff the Missions again! I cant make Money anymore...

That sucks, the Mission Board isnt refrehing by switching the Instances!

If missions no longer cover fuel costs and other expences that is a shame, fortunately I have never really viewed missions as something to do for money just as a way to confirm rank or get a permit.

This!

Also:
Normal/solo assassination mission: About 2m at Elite
Wing assassination mission: About 2m at Elite
Where is the challenge? Shouldn't wing missions pay more than that?

Is that 2m split between the wing or each wing member receives the full reward (as in Combat Zones) and isn't it more challenging to do it single-handed?

Greetings Commanders!

Fixes and Improvements

Thargoid missions still broken, you didn't fix anything.

Also vanguard ship is always in the wrong locations.

Greetings Commanders!

Fixes and Improvements

Feds were still shooting each other a couple of nights ago when i was in the high RES.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom