Patch Notes Update Update 3.2

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
You collect goods from Depot - basically it means you can split delivery in multiple attempts.

Which I find a good thing.

That makes sense. Finally something other than a python can complete those "take 180 tons to an outpost" missions, or you can accept a stack of missions and then switch to your hauling ship.
Please tell me the "amount to collect/deliver" slider starts at the maximum amount instead of zero so I don't have to scroll the bar over...
If it is like the wing deliveries, you have to hold the + button from 0. At least it fills geometrically and not a constant 1 at a time.

Thank you Frontier! Looking forward to this though it might take me awhile to get to see it. I'm a long way from any Guardians tech or Thargoid combat patrol. I've certainly got a lot to look forward to... :)

i dont want to be disrespectful. But another boring ship and another XY weapons ? Thats it? Nothing completely new/ innovating or game changing since Horizon (2015)?
Looks like you doing some kind of schematic updates. "this update = new ship and new items" repeat every half year, players would be happy...
I know copying already existing code to new 3D model is easier than something new but still...

I hope you saving big changes in 3.3. (I do not think so)
you deserve rep!

You have to collect the items from the depot in the same way as a wing delivery mission; seems a complete balls up to me!

Not so. You can now take more delivery missions than you have space for, and deliver partial loads. Once loaded, the partial load can't be reduced at source if you want to swap things around, so there are some restrictions. Unfortunately there's no indication on the missions board which factions you have open missions for, for when you return for the next part.

And you still need the full space available before taking on a mining mission.

Still, a step in the right direction.

Edit: In fact the faction open mission indicators are missing at the destination too. That's a new bug.

Last edited:
Which I find a good thing.

If it is like the wing deliveries, you have to hold the + button from 0. At least it fills geometrically and not a constant 1 at a time.

I don’t know if it works the same, but I just found out last night (facepalm for my own stupidity not having tried before) when plotting a route for my trade Type 9 and scrolling how much tonnage I’m hauling to get the jump range down (which you have to do EVERY time you make a delivery) it took forever to scroll from 0 to 789 tons. Then, I tried using the mouse to click on the scroller all the way to the right, voila, instant max capacity. That saves about 3 mins every time o go to plot a route :p dunno if it’s the same for this tho.

While fixing rare issues can be difficult and time consuming, they should also be priority 4 or 5.

There should be Priority 1 bug fixes in every release. Easily reproducible CRASHES first! And at least SOME of the issues players have been complaining about for months, and at the very minimum the top issue reported by players.

FDev you really need to re-prioritize your bugs!

Signed: An engineer with 35 years in HW/SW Validation.

tumblr_mic0gvyTzd1qlixiuo1_250.gif

While fixing rare issues can be difficult and time consuming, they should also be priority 4 or 5.

There should be Priority 1 bug fixes in every release. Easily reproducible CRASHES first! And at least SOME of the issues players have been complaining about for months, and at the very minimum the top issue reported by players.

FDev you really need to re-prioritize your bugs!

Signed: An engineer with 35 years in HW/SW Validation.

all signs point to spaghetti code. Little issues take extended periods of time to fix. Every new thing creates new bugs. Beta's tend to leave many bugs on the table or introduce new ones between beta and release. Features remain incomplete for months and years at a time ...etc. That's been the behavior since the game was released basically. The only other explanation other than incompetence is that they're not giving developers enough time in the workweek to do their job. But you'd think this would be a dedicated dev team, not having to split their time between ED and other games. So i think spaghetti code is the best explanation that fits the evidence.

What was the name of the new populated system they mentioned? I can't seem to find it. It sounded like they said Leesee or some such thing.

Rises from the grave to check patch notes.

Closes browser and returns back to playing other games.

Maybe next patch will actually fix documented issues.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom