Patch Notes Update Update 3.2

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I better don't log in and find my Powerplay weapons have disappeared out of my storage when I login tonight. They were months of grinding (thanks for not wasting my time Frontier)! FDev, if you are planning to do those kind of things you should send an email to all the users and don't rely on a post somewhere amongst thousands of forum threads. This is the first time I heard about this "issue". What is the point exactly in reducing storage space? Am I missing something?

We're not even asking for new content or ships or features. We just want fixes to the old content so we can frickin' enjoy it.

Wonder if the tone of this thread from the die hards (one's still around after drinking the Cool Aid) is ever going to make a difference to the Dev's and their plans (?)

... "Maybe next patch" seems to be the Mantra of ED players these days

Greetings Commanders,

Here are the release notes for Beyond Chapter 3 (Appears as 1.24 on the PS4).

Weapons

The following weapons have been added to outfitting (where applicable):

• Large Dumbfire Missile
  • Large Seeking Missile
  • Large Torpedo Launcher
  • Large Multi Cannon (turret)
The following weapons have been added to the Human Tech Broker:

• Small Shock Cannon (turret)
  • Small Shock Cannon (gimbal)
  • Small Shock Cannon (fixed)
The following weapons have been added to the Guardian Tech Broker

• Small Guardian plasma launcher (turret)
  • Small Guardian plasma launcher (fixed)
  • Small Guardian Shard Cannon (turret)
  • Small Guardian Shard Cannon (fixed)
  • Small Guardian Gauss Cannon (fixed)

Ships

Crusader : Latest member of the Alliance ship group. A medium sized ship based on the Alliance Chieftain, with the additional space to carry a fighter bay.

Guardians

New Guardian sites added to space and planet surfaces for players to investigate.

Three Guardian fighters added (via Guardian tech brokers):

• Trident (XG7) armed with a Plasma Auto Cannon
  • Javelin (XG8) armed with a Shard Launcher
  • Lance (XG9) armed with a Gauss Focus Cannon
Engineers

Players will now be able to work with a variety of Engineers across the Colonia region.

Wing Missions

Added two new wing mission types:

• Planetary settlement hack
  • Planetary settlement disable
Fixes and Improvements

Art

Fixed some misaligned geometry at Pavlov Beacon

Audio
Increased the volume of the Archer COVAS pack

Galaxy Map/System Map
Renamed some systems that had duplicated names

General Fixes & Tweaks
  • Fixed some German localisation issues
  • Fixed some localisation issues with the unlock messages for Guardian technologies
  • Fixed issue where ships hitcheck is missing when player is in an SRV
Installations/POIs/USSs
  • Fixed a rare issue causing a resource extraction site to be incorrectly positioned outside an asteroid belt
  • Added missing interaction objects to Agricultural Installation
  • Fixed some improperly placed Guardian pylons
  • Fixed Skimmers not spawning correctly at Bova Point+

Missions
  • Fixed some instances of mission targets not appearing in mission specific signal sources
  • Fixed an issue with completing Source and Return missions
  • Fixed mission objectives not spawning for Dark Wheel Wetwork mission
  • Fixed some instances of Assassination missions not updating correctly when scanning a Nav Beacon
  • Fixed missing text in some mission messages
  • Fixed wing depot text incorrectly appearing in a non-wing variant
Powerplay
Fixed the 20% discount on Corrosion Resistant Cargo Racks not applying at an Edmund Mahon controlled station

Ships & SRV

Anaconda
Fixed the Pulse paintjob displaying incorrectly when your ship is damaged

Imperial Clipper
Improved some areas of the Military paintjob

Krait Mk. II
  • Fixed antenna that could only be seen from inside the cockpit
  • Fixed the order of the dashboard bobblehead slots
  • Fixed missing boost and thruster audio when in vanity camera
  • Fixed description inconsistencies
  • Fixed outfitting camera issues whilst in VR
  • Fixed missing UI audio for multi-crew members
Federal Drop Ship
Fixed incorrect name plate outfitting cameras

Stability Fixes
  • Fixed a memory related crash for Xbox One
  • Fixed a rare crash that could occur when in an Remote Engineer Workshop
  • Fixed a rare Galaxy Map crash
  • Fixed Xbox One crash that could occur when disconnecting a controller
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when activating data points at Penal Colony BV-2259
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when swapping modules
User Interface
Fixed the landing pad number being truncated when playing the game in Brazilian Portuguese

Weapons & Modules
  • Fixed Guardian Modules being listed incorrectly when playing the game in Russian
  • Fixed an issue whereby the turreted version of the Flechette Launcher would not show in outfitting if unlocked before the fixed version
Server Fixes and Tweaks
  • Demand for mined commodities during mining community goals should now be displayed in the commodity market's demand column
  • Fix Commander module storage limits occasionally breaking when swapping multiple modules between storage & ship
  • Premium guardian synthesis recipes now use guardian materials, like the basic & standard guardian recipes
  • Markets at risk of being affected by Thargoid Sensor interference should more clearly advertise their increased demand for meta alloys

Thank you FDev :)
But i'm missing some important lines.....

- fixed NPC's using powerplant with 100% output at 0% integrity
- fixed NPC's having no cooldown on FSD
- fixed NPC's activating FSD while hardpoints are out and still firing
- fixed NPC's automatically deactivate Flight Assist in the microsecond before thrusters go down
(or do they always fly FA-off ?? Even harmless ones?

Is there something about these major bugs?

Unacceptable. Unbelievable. How long are we expected to live with the NPC power plant issue, not to mention that they still immediately begin charging their FSD's right after an interdiction during the cooldown period?

It makes a complete profession (npc pirating) unplayable for more than 9 months now :|

Last edited:
Thank you FDev :)
But i'm missing some important lines.....

- fixed NPC's using powerplant with 100% output at 0% integrity
- fixed NPC's having no cooldown on FSD

Is there something about these major bugs?

I guess the only programmer who knew how the routine responsible for those functions worked left some time ago and the others are too afraid to just pull a random jenga block from the tower of code.

Incoming salt Sir!
Deploy Tequila and lime!

Don't let this distract you from the the fact that in 1966, Al Bundy scored four touchdowns in a single game while playing for the Polk High School Panthers in the 1966 city championship game versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis, "Spare Tire" Dixon.

I better don't log in and find my Powerplay weapons have disappeared out of my storage when I login tonight. They were months of grinding (thanks for not wasting my time Frontier)! FDev, if you are planning to do those kind of things you should send an email to all the users and don't rely on a post somewhere amongst thousands of forum threads. This is the first time I heard about this "issue". What is the point exactly in reducing storage space? Am I missing something?

Yes you are unfortunately.

There was a bug, not seen it myself due to not wishing to hit a storage limit, that somehow allowed storage of more than the limit of 120 modules this fix is not reducing the limit of module storage merely enforcing it. What is going to happen to the excess modules isn't clear.

The 120 limit has supposed to be the rule since it was doubled from 60 last year sometime IIRC.

What is going to happen to the excess modules isn't clear.

I mean, just deleting them should be out of the question. The most sensible approach would be if the amount could always automatically be reduced once you take a module out of storage, until it reaches 120 again... Or possibly just deleting a slot once two are free, so that you are always left with at least one empty one.

Yeah this is a serious bug that needs fixing, it makes it extremely hard to interdict anyone in those ships! Will be seriously if this is not fixed.

This one i just don't get.
The reticle isn't perfect aligned at ALL ships. Especially when being off-seat it gets more noticeable.
Cutter, Python, Adder, etc.....

On the Alliance ships it is just not horizontal but vertical misaligned. That's the only difference i see to the Python. Feels like sitting very high in the ship.
Always thought that this behavior on ALL ships is intended? :S

It does seem strange that every Wednesday I get a message whenever I board-hop telling me that a Power Play cycle is imminent yet they couldn't put out a message in-game over the last few weeks warning people of the consequences of having >120 modules in storage.

Fortunately I was aware of this and sold-off all of my non-engineered modules in advance of today.

Hell, even a message on the loading screen rather than some tabloid le-tattle about the Blue-Haired Bimbo's private life would have been appreciated!

Don't know if it's the same one i know of, but if you go to a Guardian site with 3 or more people in SRV's, you 100% crash on PS4.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom