Patch Notes Update Update 3.2

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Achilles7

Banned
Can we get some class 3 and 4 railguns? And some class 4 Frags? Thanks! - Your pvp community

Class 4 rails [squeeeee]

LOL 'Really looking forward to fighting a Corvette (with 3/4 concurrent fighters, as someone proposed recently...like it was no big deal) with 2xC4 LR super pen rails compounded by the hilarious micro-gimbal; yeah, 'cos modules obviously get relatively larger, hence easier to hit as your target moves further away - of course they do!:O!

...errr, just explain the theory behind that in a 'Father Ted' stylee, for me please. (without breaking my immerrrrrsion by mentioning pixel size)

Another LOL, for effect!

can i move my engineered mods from my non turreted MC over to the new turreted MC or are yall gonna make me grind out all that again?
cause that would be really on yalls part

No fix for "$###SystemName" appearing everywhere
There were quite a few fixes in 3.1 (and even a couple of small new features!) that either didn't get mentioned in the patch notes or were so cryptically referenced it was hard to tell. (I think less than half the bugs I reported that were fixed actually got into a patch notes post)

So that one might be fixed anyway - we'll see. It's really not clear to me how they choose which fixes to mention in the patch notes...

When you compare the output in 3.2 with the output from previous point releases - e.g. Wings, Powerplay, Arena, Engineers, etc - plus the increasing number of long-term trivial and non-trivial bugs, it's pretty clear to see that there simply isn't the resource assigned to this game that there used to be.
They said two large and two small this year, which would match in practice what we got the previous three years.

1.1 CGs (small)
1.2 Wings (medium)
1.3 Powerplay (big)
1.4 CQC (medium)
2.0 Horizons (very big)

2.1 Engineers (big)
2.1.05 More engineers stuff (small)
2.2 Guardians/Passengers/SLFs (big)

2.2.03 Miscellaneous stuff (small)
2.3 Multicrew + other stuff (big)
2.3.10 Extra alien stuff (small)
2.4 Aliens (big)

3.0 Engineers/C&P/debeige (big)
3.1 Misc stuff (small)
3.2 More stuff (small)
3.3 Squadrons/Mining/Exploration (big)

This patch is definitely "small" rather than "big", but it's still got more in it than 1.1 had. They *may* have been better sticking with the Horizons-style numbering (where 3.1 would have been 3.0.10 and this 3.0.20 ... with 3.3 finally getting to be 3.1) to make expectations clearer, though.

Deleted member 110222

D
Just wait for the white knights explaining, why it is not necessary to fix bugs that crashes the game client.

This is a new low. I expected this but all these posts like "wait for the patch notes" were so confident. I think this is the final straw for me,
why should I play on a platform where crashes are not fixed?

Alienate user base with no information politics is one thing.

But not fixing bugs for known crashes is a new quality - the termination of the mac client began exactly this way.

Thank the Maker I have access to the PC client.

Don't let this distract you from the the fact that in 1966, Al Bundy scored four touchdowns in a single game while playing for the Polk High School Panthers in the 1966 city championship game versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis, "Spare Tire" Dixon.

Is that the Al Bundy from 'Married With Children'?

I mean, just deleting them should be out of the question. The most sensible approach would be if the amount could always automatically be reduced once you take a module out of storage, until it reaches 120 again... Or possibly just deleting a slot once two are free, so that you are always left with at least one empty one.

Both of those would work but I anticipate a spike in business for the service team no matter what.

My my dark side suggests that they should just sell the last x modules to bring the list down to the 120 and add the credits to your bank balance which as by default the last ones are the most expensive modules would gain people the most credits.

Still I am quite pleased I was getting concerned about how many modules I had stored yesterday and sold off a few so I was back below the 100 mark again.

Both of those would work but I anticipate a spike in business for the service team no matter what.

My my dark side suggests that they should just sell the last x modules to bring the list down to the 120 and add the credits to your bank balance which as by default the last ones are the most expensive modules would gain people the most credits.

Still I am quite pleased I was getting concerned about how many modules I had stored yesterday and sold off a few so I was back below the 100 mark again.

The problem are engineered modules though, there could be dozens of hours of work in those.

sollisb

Banned
Thank you FDev :)
But i'm missing some important lines.....

- fixed NPC's using powerplant with 100% output at 0% integrity
- fixed NPC's having no cooldown on FSD
- fixed NPC's activating FSD while hardpoints are out and still firing
- fixed NPC's automatically deactivate Flight Assist in the microsecond before thrusters go down
(or do they always fly FA-off ?? Even harmless ones?

A wise commander exploits the weaknesses :)

Yup, it was mentioned on the livestream. Makes you wonder what else is in 3.2 that wasn't in the patch notes (e.g. community created holo-ads is another one - we could see them in the background while Ed and co. were talking).

This is unfortunately new way FD is doing things - they are trying to not to spoil people, but this also means lot of stuff are left out of changelogs. Also having secret things to discover kinda dictates new way to do it.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom