Patch Notes Update Update 3.2

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I can think of three answers to that one:

Answer №1: Yes, there are all sorts of things... I mean no
Answer №2: Yes... you can't
Answer №3: No

Can anyone else think of any more answers? It might be fun to post them here!

Can you imagine the amount of salt that would result from something being too easy to get?

Dear FD,

In spite of the salt, and tears, and grief, I would like you to know that some of us appreciate your efforts.

I have enjoyed the game since launch. I was enjoying the game last week and I am enjoying the game post update. Well done, and keep up the good work. Thank you!

Hear, hear, well said. I'm in the Outer Arm in my Sidewinder Enterprise (named after the former RN hydrographic research vessel turned pirate radio station for N. Irish youth, not the fictional starship) where I've been for nearly a year now and this update, like all the updates since Engineers, makes absolutely no difference to my game whatsoever! Galactorzigzag... Countdown... Dr. Who Tunnel... Bright Bois... BOINNNNG... Spinnyscan... Heather Couper Papier Maché Solar System... Sunslurp... etc. Sometimes I might investigate some Blue Bois or Disco Spook... Spinnyscan... Watch the Birdie.... Sometimes I might land on the Brownmoon for Jumponiums. And that's it. Oh sometimes I go on the Forums too, like when there's another update and Oblivionpost INTO THE VOID...!

So yes. Well done FD indeed, and keep up the good work. I can't wait for Q4 now, I'm so excited! I'm sure it's going to be absolutely whizzo! Thank you!

kJ12cOmt.png

LOL - sulking permitted - I was in a bit of a grump yesterday 'cos the interiors of the new Guardian fighters looked (and sounded) just like the others .... not even a blue HUD - but the holo-ads cheered me up.
Wow, if the guardian fighters had blue HUDS, Combined with a more alieny interior (salvaged parts possibly) everyone and they’re mum would want to fly one !
I myself was quite keen to acquire one just to see the interior, until I actually saw one on you tube a couple hours after release.

Flimley

[Previus post Redacted by Tribble]

Welp, made a noob mistake with the Gal-Map, had it zoomed out when i searched the system i wanted, and clicked, which selected the one right above it on the map due to it being zoomed out, the one i ended up in had a gaurdian structure too so i assumed that was it, im guessing theres two types of structure, key and relic, i ended up at a relic one:eek:

Last edited:
?

So the asteroid explosion concept they've shown is something that will be tacked on the current pathetic mining mechanics rather than replace them?

yes.
they will seed the asteroid belts with new asteroid types that look different with some (probably) colorful crystals tucked on them, and add 3 new mining hardpoints:
1. one that works like the Charge plasma accelerator (charge and shoot something off the asteroid - but dont overcharge or you destroy the loot)
2. one that works like the flak/flechette launcher (shoot into the rock and release trigger when at the right depth)
3. one that has a kind of minigame like the guardian site pylon charging (you have to place charges at certain spots of the asteroid in a certain timeframe - and then it will blow up)

existing mining will not be touched except the prospecting process may be upgraded with the new alternative exploration HUD -> no details given

please do not expect being able to blow every asteroid up into pieces...

FRONTIER is not listening, to the community I sometime think why do we all bother wasting our time add threads and suggestions of which there are some amazing ideas from players..but what do we get, "Shoot it, Collect it, Grind it." maybe it will turn in to a arcade shooter.

Wow, if the guardian fighters had blue HUDS, Combined with a more alieny interior (salvaged parts possibly) everyone and they’re mum would want to fly one !
I myself was quite keen to acquire one just to see the interior, until I actually saw one on you tube a couple hours after release.

Flimley

I don't know, all those blue sparkles are enough for me to want one. Also they definitely sounded different than regular ones.

FRONTIER is not listening, to the community I sometime think why do we all bother wasting our time add threads and suggestions of which there are some amazing ideas from players..but what do we get, "Shoot it, Collect it, Grind it." maybe it will turn in to a arcade shooter.

Most of those ideas are not really usable though. We love to fantasize about what we could do. Sky is a limit. When reality sets in, it is a bit different case.

Last edited:
So the asteroid explosion concept they've shown is something that will be tacked on the current pathetic mining mechanics rather than replace them?

Not sure what's pathetic about that, it works for simple mineral gathering scraping pieces from the surface. Why it would have to be removed?

Cmdr Eagleboy;6961757I said:
Most of those ideas are not really usable though. We love to fantasize about what we could do. Sky is a limit. When reality sets in, it is a bit different case.

True dat. Most of us like to think we're being realistic in our expectations, but aren't actually aware of what's possible given the circumstances.

Less Grind Time = More Play Time

Please turn the Grind Bat ON, still too much going around in Circles, and Chasing our Tails, for What?
Best Guess: Filler Content, otherwise known as Sand.

Thanks for all the hard work! Could we now bribe you to fix the anti-aliasing in VR. I bought a Samsung Odyssey specifically to play Elite Dangerous and the aliasing looks so bad that I don't even bother to play in VR. As good as you guys are you can do better than this. I have faith in you.

Regards,

Uusal

Observations on returning to play after the update:

The new flight model seems smoother. As usual, this is Elite's saving grace.

The minor design flaws in the mission system mask the major flaw: Without checking to *see* if you have picked up the mission cargo, you can arrive at the delivery point without it. It is easier than ever to fail stacked missions. Of course, I found out the hard way.

If a mission does not cover the rebuy of your ship, especially if you are flying chained/stacked missions, it is very difficult to justify accepting it. I found my Python being interdicted continually by the latest, greatest ship designs, during seemingly vanilla missions. The designers are *very* proud of their British Main Battle Tanks, and the Krait. Note: I play exclusively in solo, and trade with a fully armed and armored/shielded Python. Chain interdictions were common.

BGS play has reached new levels of intensity. After a multi-month break from my main account, I found that my new home port had changed hands to another faction. It took some time to build up the rep I had gained trading with the old controlling faction, with the new one. There really is no difference between how the factions operate- the BGS players do not truly have control over the station, but have simply changed the name on the front door. It is annoying to have to rebuild the rep for the mission board, etc.

I went back to my old home of Borscht. At least I am familiar with the astrography. That cost about a million.

To fit the new ship types in, many shipyards have cut the selection of old standard designs back. One can find Kraits on the way to Colonia, for example. The Krait has replaced the Anaconda, at Borscht. The alt account has moved back to Colonia, and found many anomalies in local shipyards.

I have found very little that interests me in the Thargoid, or Guardian storylines.

My ships were all engineered this spring. and I have little need to collect materials. The community goals have little appeal for me. Looking at the new Galaxy Map (damaged/destroyed ports), moving the alt account to Colonia was a good idea. All the ships in the alt account had also been engineered. About a hundred million credits later, I have a Python, Asp Explorer, and a Cobra 3 located there. I'm mulling if the main account should do the same, given how much interest I have lost in activities inside the bubble. Selling my excess in the main account, and moving, has been made much easier by the lack of activities that would keep me in the bubble.

Only the promised upgrades to exploration and mining in December keep my interest up. Once again, the focus of this upgrade seems to have been new combat ships, and a Guardian storyline.

PSA: Beware of British Main Battle Tanks, especially those with Kansas plates (expired January 1986), registered to a "B. Arnold". Both the St. Louis City, and Shrewsbury Police Departments have camcorder video of one flattening me early this summer. They show an undead British Nanny in the track commander's station, placing a curse on all, until Halloween...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom