Patch Notes Update Update 3.3.02

Before this patch I was getting more and more freezes when trying to open the System Map, especially in the last few days. Since the patch, not one freeze. So thank you, FDev!! It's so lovely not having to task-kill and restart every 5 minutes. I really appreciate the fix.

i just hope that they will fix the framerate in the next patch
and also the heater in the imperial cutter its freezing in here and i can hardly see outside
all screens are frozen

lasers overcharged with heat vent brrrrr cold in here

i just hope that they will fix the framerate in the next patch
and also the heater in the imperial cutter its freezing in here and i can hardly see outside
all screens are frozen

lasers overcharged with heat vent brrrrr cold in here
InB4 "works fine for me, you must have a bad computer"

new player here. I was having a ton of fun mining....until this patch. I was happy knowing a could get a good amount of credits by deep core mining, but with this last patch, mining only produces 1 fragment per surface deposit, regardless of how many abrasion blasters you have. I urge you to reconsider reverting this change. This is a -500% profit in mining which is huge.

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Hello there,

Updating the patch notes with another correction:

USS

• Closed an exploit that allowed players to repeatedly farm High Grade Emissions by jumping in and out of the same USS.

We apologise for any confusion caused.

new player here. I was having a ton of fun mining....until this patch. I was happy knowing a could get a good amount of credits by deep core mining, but with this last patch, mining only produces 1 fragment per surface deposit, regardless of how many abrasion blasters you have. I urge you to reconsider reverting this change. This is a -500% profit in mining which is huge.

correction : -80% profits

Unfortunately I cannot edit my own post. Strange.

It was NEVER supposed to be more than a single chunk, and i still made 400mil yest AFTER the patch was applied with a single AB in a 192tn python in 3 hours.

High Grade Emissions Wherefore Art Thou??

USS

• Closed an exploit that allowed players to repeatedly farm High Grade Emissions by jumping in and out of the same USS.

Wait, this is an exploit? I thought it was a feature making up for the extreme paucity of HGE anywhere!! :) :D

Current game design philosophy: Dare players to quit the game.

ED does feel like some sort of perverse loyalty test. I can't believe how long I've stuck with it despite very ugly, game-ruining bugs I've had to endure for over a year... I think what we are seeing is a monopoly philosophy, as ED is the only game of its kind (NMS, SC, Eve, X4 are close, but not the same). If Frontier had real competition in this space, they'd either have to get their act together or lose a large percentage of the player base. I'm hoping that competition will be Starfield, despite the recent mistakes made by Bethesda.

It was NEVER supposed to be more than a single chunk, and i still made 400mil yest AFTER the patch was applied with a single AB in a 192tn python in 3 hours.

i agree, multiple chunks with multishoot is a bug, i personnaly use 2 abrasive to enlarge shooting area to make quick easy shots while moving without loosing time to target surface depots, and i noticed that sometimes i had 2 fragments, but my guess was it was a "rich" depot...

you made 400mil, but we still have multiple bgs high buy prices with opals at 1,6M / ton in some stations, until the next tick ; is that bgs "rebalance" also "balancing" the cumulative effects or changing the multipliers ?
if yes, core mining will still be attractive and nice, but FAR less profitable with the end of x8 sell price, no more 1B cargo sell

Hello there,

Updating the patch notes with another correction:

USS

We apologise for any confusion caused.

so jump out and in an USS HG is an exploit, while chain relog in dave's hope and similar spots to chain farm tons of stuff isn't ?
there are really weird designs here :eek:

why don't you just add a trader on a specific market who sells these raw and manufactured componements for players who just want to pay for 1 or 2 missing items instead of spending hours at hunting USS ?
some of us are multi billionnaires and credits are useless once we have our ships.

"Balance changes" usually translates to nerf, now have fun spending at least twice as much time to get the same results. I'm grateful for the fixes. I did rather appreciate the dual abrasion blaster bug. Kind of thought the disappearing color map on pulse scanned asteroids, scanned asteroids appearing as though they have a core when they do not (like those containing Brommelite), or the psychic space baddies that know where you are and teleport to you from nowhere no matter where you drop in would've been fixed first. Or at the same time. * I forgot to mention how mineral chunks end up inside pieces of asteroid making them unreachable.

Last edited:
so jump out and in an USS HG is an exploit, while chain relog in dave's hope and similar spots to chain farm tons of stuff isn't ?
there are really weird designs here :eek:

why don't you just add a trader on a specific market who sells these raw and manufactured componements for players who just want to pay for 1 or 2 missing items instead of spending hours at hunting USS ?
some of us are multi billionnaires and credits are useless once we have our ships.

It isn't about making Elite more fun. It's about making the players grind, grind, and grind some more. The more grinding we do, the longer the game lasts. i just wish the focus was on making Elite more satisfying instead. Case in point, they will remove this "exploit", but won't make it more, well, possible to find a High grade signal source. The only reason anyone uses any exploit in this game is because Frontier keeps holding the players back from being able to make any real progression in the game. Many of us players do have lives outside of playing games and as such have a limited amount of time. The game is improving for players with the recent updates to exploration, and mining, and fighting thargoids, but they are all still very time consuming with little reward. You can, however, make good money mining, exploration is an interesting thing to do for those who don't care about having money or have unlimited time, and fighting thargoids requires hours of farming to really stand any chance solo with a fit up that leaves you defenseless against other players who apparently have no real pvp skill.

i agree, multiple chunks with multishoot is a bug, i personnaly use 2 abrasive to enlarge shooting area to make quick easy shots while moving without loosing time to target surface depots, and i noticed that sometimes i had 2 fragments, but my guess was it was a "rich" depot...

you made 400mil, but we still have multiple bgs high buy prices with opals at 1,6M / ton in some stations, until the next tick ; is that bgs "rebalance" also "balancing" the cumulative effects or changing the multipliers ?
if yes, core mining will still be attractive and nice, but FAR less profitable with the end of x8 sell price, no more 1B cargo sell

It was a bug, but It wasn't as if you could just blast away and get multiple chunks. It still took alot of ship maneuvering. I think It would've been fine if they had left that bug. Personally, I have been maxing out my cargo hold faster since it was removed. I no longer have to line up those perfect shots and now I really can just blast away and move to the next one. A bit of a relief, but also a bummer. It seemed to make mining a little more interesting, at least for me. I'm not complaining about the fixes, but if Frontier continues to prevent any viable methods of making credits by nerfing everything that way then I'll have to move on to other games. Grinding and farming is not fun.

So fdev nerfs/corrects 3 "exploits" that were working to make players lives better but 2 of the three Fdev didn't even have the guts to put in the patch notes and quietly made the changes. I am speaking about multiple abrasion blaster no longer blasting out one chunk per blaster and removing the ability to farm HGEs for the duration of the timer by reloging. Putting aside the question of IF those two nerfs/corrections should have been made, lets talk about more important core issues like game philosophy and transparency. First off, why did Fdev consciously hide those two nerfs/corrections? You would have to be very naive to think they accidentally forgot to include BOTH. Secret changes to the game are not acceptable, even if they are well intended and even if they are beneficial. The players need to know about every change that will effect them in game. Second, there is a serious problem with the core thinking at Fdev where they are obsessed with patching out any exploit no matter how insignificant in record time but can't even keep the servers running. The crashes and freezes are just as bad as they were before they patch. They did nothing to improve the core stability of the game. When I say nothing, I mean zero percent improvement, absolute 100% failure to correct any stability issue created in the 3.3 update. They also fixed none of the several game breaking bugs they have acknowledged in the bug forums and this isn't counting the other known bugs that remain unpatched that number in the several dozen. Some of these bugs are at least a year old and most of them over 6 months old. I am aware of about a dozen new bugs they created with the 3.3 update and most of those have also not been corrected. If Frontier has the manpower to almost instantly fix exploits why can't they almost instantly fix bugs that harm players? If they can go through volumes of text looking for typos, why can't they correct known bugs that have been around for many months? Fdev, it is time you got your priorities straight. Stability of the game comes first. Then game breaking bugs, then serious exploits (ie: exploits that can harm other players), then reported bugs, then minor exploits and lastly cosmetic stuff like typos. It seems that your priorities are almost completely inverse of what they should be.

Last edited:
Top Bottom