Patch Notes Update Update 3.3.02

The main problem that bugged me about the last patch are still there- constant keyboard failures causing me to restart the game. I have a lot of controls bound to the keyboard which makes it unplayable sometimes. Doesn't happen in any other game or software or within Windows- just Elite.

What works for me - don't exit the comms panel when a message is open. Might save you some heart-ache.

Similar type of issue here - only I have no control whatsoever. Can't do a thing, from entering the main UI. Not with HOTAS, Touch or keyboard and have to force exit.

I really want to know who did this patch? Did they turn this over to interns because i really hope this isn't the work of their "A" team. None of the critical issues were fixed and none of the game breaking bugs were addressed. We are a full month and some post 3.3 and Frontier has zero sense of urgency in correcting any of these critical issues. Props to customer support though, they are in a bad place having to deal with all the the programmers broke and knowing the programing support, ie:fixes, have a low probability of coming anytime time soon and even if they come, they won't work, as has been constantly demonstrated by Fdev.

Sorry, Ace, but you're wrong. The BGS is the game, pal. The BGS is the reason our entire experience is held hostage to an always-online DRM based system, buddy. The BGS is the reason we can't have mods, champ. The BGS is the reason we have mission timers which tick down in REAL TIME, big guy. The BGS is the excuse and justification for every hamstrung feature and every limitation of player agency and flexibility, tiger. The BGS is the big selling point of the online experience and the only reason it gets called an MMO, sport. If the BGS is broken, the whole game is broken, skippy. It's like if all the houses and hotels were missing from a Monopoly set, partner.

ok that actually made me laugh out loud, dude. ;)

It was NEVER supposed to be more than a single chunk, and i still made 400mil yest AFTER the patch was applied with a single AB in a 192tn python in 3 hours.

How can one make 400mil in 3 hours? What to mine where? And where to sell?

Thanks in advance...

Last edited:
I really want to know who did this patch? Did they turn this over to interns because i really hope this isn't the work of their "A" team. None of the critical issues were fixed and none of the game breaking bugs were addressed. We are a full month and some post 3.3 and Frontier has zero sense of urgency in correcting any of these critical issues. Props to customer support though, they are in a bad place having to deal with all the the programmers broke and knowing the programing support, ie:fixes, have a low probability of coming anytime time soon and even if they come, they won't work, as has been constantly demonstrated by Fdev.
Glass half full. I like it.

Worst bug - by far right now is the mass lock bug!
Comeback bug of the year - having text comms clear whenever you wake either hyperspace or just leave the comms screen

What works for me - don't exit the comms panel when a message is open. Might save you some heart-ache.

I had the same thing happen. Luckily, I have the head look toggle bound to a button on my throttle. I moved up to the comms panel and noticed that all the time I was punching away at keys and nothing was happening, they were all going to the chat window. It's like the chat window gets stuck open even though it doesn't show. Once I was able to focus on the comms panel with the head look, I was able to get back to the chat window and press escape.

So fdev nerfs/corrects 3 "exploits" that were working to make players lives better but 2 of the three Fdev didn't even have the guts to put in the patch notes and quietly made the changes. I am speaking about multiple abrasion blaster no longer blasting out one chunk per blaster, removing the ability to farm HGEs for the duration of the timer by reloging. Putting aside the question of IF those two nerfs/corrections should have been made, lets talk about more important core issues like game philosophy and transparency. First off, why did Fdev consciously hide those two nerfs/corrections? You would have to be very naive to think they accidentally forgot to include BOTH. Secret changes to the game are not acceptable, even if they are well intended and even if they are beneficial. The players need to know about every change that will effect them in game. Second, there is a serious problem with the core thinking at Fdev where they are obsessed with patching out any exploit no matter how insignificant in record time but can even keep the servers running. The crashes and freezes are just as bad as they were before they patch. They did nothing to improve the core stability of the game. When I say nothing, I mean zero percent improvement, absolute 100% failure to correct any stability issue created in the 3.3 update. They also fixed none of the several game breaking bugs they have acknowledged in the bug forums and this isn't counting the other known bugs that remain unpatched that number in the several dozen. Some of these bugs are at least a year old and most of them over 6 months old. I am aware of about a dozen new bugs they created with the 3.3 update and most of those have also not been corrected. If Frontier has the manpower to almost instantly fix exploits why can't they almost instantly fix bugs that harm players? If they can go through volumes of text looking for typos, why can't they correct known bugs that have been around for many months? Fdev, it is time you got your priorities straight. Stability of the game comes first. Then game breaking bugs, then serious exploits (ie: exploits that can harm other players), then reported bugs, then minor exploits and lastly cosmetic stuff like typos. It seems that your priorities are almost completely inverse of what they should be.

I'm pretty sure the other one was mentioned elsewhere, but I don't see it in the notes.

USS

Closed an exploit that allowed players to repeatedly farm High Grade Emissions by jumping in and out of the same USS.

FD have not closed BGS exploits, the BGS is still doing weird unpredictable things. Its impossible for people who know how the BGS works to help FD diagnose these issues (and suggest improvements) because FD insist on not telling us how it all works.

So we all wind up in a holding pattern, getting more and more frustrated.

Powerplay had the infamous Cycle 52 which ruined that feature for many, FD have now done the same on the BGS.

I'm pretty sure the other one was mentioned elsewhere, but I don't see it in the notes.

YEAH nice touch at the same time they messed up the massacre missions with those signal source mission:mission
so maybe someone can tell me how to kill 80+ in a reasonable time frame
i mean now i go in jump out and when i am lucky there is 1 moer 6000 ls away
and if i asm not lucky then i have to scan the nav beacon again

USS

Closed an exploit that allowed players to repeatedly farm High Grade Emissions by jumping in and out of the same USS.

Has anyone else seen System Authority ships from the same faction attacking each other? Was in a RES in Nu Tauri last few nights, and seen quite a lot of this. Every time I see weapons fire, I fly over there only to find no pirates but lots of System ships firing at each other. Went on for 1 hour+. (Checked, and double-checked; all from the Simbad Regime).

As a developer, I can imagine how it might easily happen. If you have a bug where one System ship might interpret accidental fire as an attack - without checking if the 'guilty' ship is another System ship - then it could trigger a cascade of "A (System) ship fired on a System ship, attack the (System) ship!" actions and reactions.

Top Bottom